All polls show Reid still up on Angle

Realclear politics' no-toss up Senate map, as of the latest polls, has the Democrats holding on at 51 - 49,

that's with the 2 premier Tea Party candidates, Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell, losing 2 golden opportunities to turn blue seats red.

Were that to hold up, then the only fair assessment of the Tea Party is that it cost the GOP the Senate.

So what? Obama's still the President and nothing is going to get passed until 2012 when Dem lose another 75 seats and the Presidency and 10 more governorships

Realclear politics' no-toss up Senate map, as of the latest polls, has the Democrats holding on at 51 - 49,

that's with the 2 premier Tea Party candidates, Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell, losing 2 golden opportunities to turn blue seats red.

Were that to hold up, then the only fair assessment of the Tea Party is that it cost the GOP the Senate.

So what? Obama's still the President and nothing is going to get passed until 2012 when Dem lose another 75 seats and the Presidency and 10 more governorships

I know of one governor who will be looking for a job in 2012. Do we have any takers?

You ignorant shitbag.
The polls show Reid up by 1.4%. Most of these polls have a margin of error of 5%. That makes the race a toss up.
That the Senate Majority leader is about to be unseated by a relative unknown is nothing short of astonishing.

Thats what he said

The thread title says Reid is still ahead. He isn't.
You go join your friends on Iggy, you stupid cluck.

Rabbi is a statistical moron

Reid is still ahead 51-49%

With statistical error he rates 46-56%
while Angle is in the statistical 41- 54% range

Reid still has a statistical lead

Thats what he said

The thread title says Reid is still ahead. He isn't.
You go join your friends on Iggy, you stupid cluck.

Rabbi is a statistical moron

Reid is still ahead 51-49%

With statistical error he rates 46-56%
while Angle is in the statistical 41- 54% range

Reid still has a statistical lead

I suggest you look at those numbers one more time

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Nevada shows Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid with 48% support and his Republican challenger Sharron Angle with 47%% of the vote when leaners are included. Four percent (4%) like another candidate in the race, and one percent (1%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Election 2010: Nevada Senate - Rasmussen Reports

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Nevada Senate - Angle vs. Reid

The Tea Party took a sure win for the GOP and placed in the "Toss Up" categury...:lol::lol:

I LOVE THE TEA PARTY! :clap2:

You ignorant shitbag.
The polls show Reid up by 1.4%. Most of these polls have a margin of error of 5%. That makes the race a toss up.
That the Senate Majority leader is about to be unseated by a relative unknown is nothing short of astonishing.

You illiterate wonder, I didn't say he was winning big. I said the Tea Baggers took a sure win for the GOP and turned it into a toss up. Try reading for a change...

"You people," wtf is worng with you liberals... If they let the GOP in you would complain the TPM is just a branch of the GOP... If the TPM gets someone other than the GOP in that might not have a clear shot at winning they are dumb for not selling out to the GOP.

Fucking hax all around this place.

I really don't understand how the GOP is going to "make things better". In my state, you should have seen the Republican primaries for governor. It was a joke. Every single one had the same robotic message: "Washington is bad. I'm going to take back America. I'm a conservative." These Tea Party candidates have basically the same message. Only the one that spent the most on his election won. What does any of that even mean? Take back America? I'm not a democrat, and the stimulus and healthcare reforms were flawed, but christ,
REPUBLICANS = PARTY OF NO SOLUTIONS

I really don't understand how the DNC is going to "make things better". In my state, you should have seen the Democrat primaries for governor. It was a joke. Every single one had the same robotic message: "Washington is bad. I'm going to take back America. I'm a liberal." These progressive candidates have basically the same message. Only the one that spent the most on his election won. What does any of that even mean? Take back America? I'm not a Republican, and the first stimulus and campaign contribution reforms were flawed, but Christ,
DEMOCRATS = PARTY OF IT'S NOT OUR FAULT!

The fact that the options are obsequious-to-power-ultimate-coward-pushover Harry Reid whose only ideology is to do what's politically expedient and batshit-insane-let's-go-back-to-the-stone-age Sharron Angle whose only ideology is that The Bible is the real Constitution is only one more sign in a long list of them that whatever happens in 2010, as a country we are still royally fucked.

Last edited:
The fact that the options are obsequious-to-power-ultimate-coward-pushover Harry Reid whose only ideology is to do what's politically expedient and batshit-insane-let's-go-back-to-the-stone-age Sharron Angle whose only ideology is that The Bible is the real Constitution is only one more sign in a long list of them that whatever happens in 2010, as a country we are still royally fucked.

Has Angle ever made that comment known or is it your opinion?

Of course she's never said explicitly "I believe the Bible is the real Constitution." Similarly, Reid has never said "I'll only do what's politically expedient at the given time, I have no principles." Politicians don't do that, obviously.

In both cases it's a summation of their statements, policies, and actions. How what they do and say reveals their true ideology and approach to political office in a nutshell.

Of course she's never said explicitly "I believe the Bible is the real Constitution." Similarly, Reid has never said "I'll only do what's politically expedient at the given time, I have no principles." Politicians don't do that, obviously.

In both cases it's a summation of their statements, policies, and actions. How what they do and say reveals their true ideology and approach to political office in a nutshell.

Thing is harry reids actions show that he only does what is best for himself and his party and that speaks better then any assumption on Angle you may have.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are excited Harry Reid might win re-election. I realize how awful his contender is, but anyone celebrating Reid's re-election is a stupid fucking idiot. Period.

If Reid gets re-elected, everything I always thought about the people who live in Nevada will be true... Note to self: Can anybody be that stupid?

Correction: It is YOUR summation of what they believe. Without evidence of statements to that effect you are merely spewing ignorance and bigotry. Try again.

Angle will win. When the race is this close it comes down to who shows up on election day. Angle's supporters are much more fired up voting for her than Reid's are voting for him or against her. Her supporters will show up, Reid's won't. QED, Sen Angle.

I can't believe people are excited Harry Reid might win re-election. I realize how awful his contender is, but anyone celebrating Reid's re-election is a stupid fucking idiot. Period.

You answered your own question. Thank the Tea Party for that.

Correction: It is YOUR summation of what they believe. Without evidence of statements to that effect you are merely spewing ignorance and bigotry. Try again.

Angle will win. When the race is this close it comes down to who shows up on election day. Angle's supporters are much more fired up voting for her than Reid's are voting for him or against her. Her supporters will show up, Reid's won't. QED, Sen Angle.

Yeah, when posting one's opinion on a message board or stating it in conversation, it's generally assumed by all parties to be an opinion.

Unless presented as a factual claim, all statements are of opinion. For most people, this goes without saying. Do you preface or conclude all non-certifiably-factual statements with "In my opinion..." and "...but that's just my opinion"?

The evidence here suggests you don't. Since that my opinion is "ignorance and bigotry" is merely your opinion. But given that I'm an adult and understand how conversation works and people informally communicate, I recognized it as such without you needing to make it explicit. Only if you'd said "It's a fact that you are spewing ignorance and bigotry" would you be wrong, instead we just disagree. You know what they say about opinions and assholes, right?

Reid is a spineless whore without principles, Angle is an ignorant backwards religious zealot. They both royally suck as representatives and would work to harm the country if elected. That's my opinion. Yours may be that Angle is just dandy, but I'm not sure what you think you're proving by redundantly proclaiming an opinion is "just an opinion." So it is, so is yours. That doesn't negate or change anything. What's your point?

Last edited:

Yeah, when posting one's opinion on a message board or stating it in conversation, it's generally assumed by all parties to be an opinion.

Unless presented as a factual claim, all statements are of opinion. For most people, this goes without saying. Do you preface or conclude all non-certifiably-factual statements with "In my opinion..." and "...but that's just my opinion"?

The evidence here suggests you don't. Since that my opinion is "ignorance and bigotry" is merely your opinion. But given that I'm an adult and understand how conversation works and people informally communicate, I recognized it as such without you needing to make it explicit. Only if you'd said "It's a fact that you are spewing ignorance and bigotry" would you be wrong, instead we just disagree.

Reid is a spineless whore without principles, Angle is an ignorant backwards religious zealot. They both royally suck as representatives. That's my opinion. Yours may be that Angle is just dandy, but I'm not sure what you think you're proving by redundantly proclaiming an opinion is "just an opinion." So it is, so is yours. What's your point?

My point is that if you want to make Angle a caricature that conforms to your stereotype you pretty much lose all credibility. You can have opinions that are uninformed and plain stupid. That doesn't make them valid opinions. It makes them uninformed and stupid. I can have an opinion that Obama is a muslim and was born in Kenya but that doesn't make it so.

The fact that Reid is not far ahead is all you need to know.
Angle is a new comer and rather daft, If Reid can not beat her by a large margin, it says something about Reid :)

Bullshit. Reid was OUT. All the GOP had to do, as in Delaware, was put in a Republican who wasn't a loon. Instead, the Tea party got Angle and O'Donnell. This, by itself, turned two certain GOP victories into one certain defeat and one more possible.

The fact that Reid is not far ahead is all you need to know.
Angle is a new comer and rather daft, If Reid can not beat her by a large margin, it says something about Reid :)

Bullshit. Reid was OUT. All the GOP had to do, as in Delaware, was put in a Republican who wasn't a loon. Instead, the Tea party got Angle and O'Donnell. This, by itself, turned two certain GOP victories into one certain defeat and one more possible.

So why aren't you jumping up and down for joy?

Forum List

Back