All of heaven watches as we wield our vote

Okay, my curiosity got the best of me and I read the rest of your post.

While reading it, the question I came up with was: Do you think God cares who wins the World Series? Go Giants!!

How about tomorrow's elections?

How about the Presidential election of 2008? Do you think God loves Barack Obama more than he loves John McCain?

I think that the OP article is a bunch of mularky. God has a reason for allowing Barack Obama... and Barbara Boxer as well, to win the elections they have won. What that reason is, I cannot say, but whatever it is, it is all in God's plan.

IMHO the writer of the article his being quite pretentious to claim that he/she knows the will of God.

Immie

Last edited:
I'm guessing Heaven doesn't concern itself with which class of criminal we elect this cycle.

But Christ showed there is an emphasis on children.

And what is happening to our kids in the womb and in public school is outrageous.

God forgives and forgets, but as our nation goes down this road of self destruction and teaches our kids to behave like apes, why do we expect we will be left alone to corrupt the world?

And what has the Republican Party done in regards to either issue? Nothing.

I'm guessing Heaven doesn't concern itself with which class of criminal we elect this cycle.

But Christ showed there is an emphasis on children.

And what is happening to our kids in the womb and in public school is outrageous.

God forgives and forgets, but as our nation goes down this road of self destruction and teaches our kids to behave like apes, why do we expect we will be left alone to corrupt the world?

And what has the Republican Party done in regards to either issue? Nothing.

Actually there were a lot of court cases just before President Bush left office that WERE changing the laws of abortion. But I'm not about the Republican party. In fact I'm extremely suspicious of Palin because she stumped for McCain and was asked to be on his ticket.

I'm never voting for the lessor of two evils again if there's a better choice available, regardless of their chances.

While reading it, the question I came up with was: Do you think God cares who wins the World Series? Go Giants!!
When I played racquetball in tournaments, I prayed God be with me. I didn't pray to win because if I didn't put the time in, i didn't earn it and because God doesn't care about frivilous ego wins. But I prayed He'd be there with me, and when my opponent cheated and the ref missed it, or played tricks like voice hinders, I always excelled when everyone else choked from the anger because I knew that just helped me all the more. God isn't about egos which is usually what sports are all about, but He does care about every detail of our lives and He does want to be invited to be there, win or lose.

When my sons played football, I prayed God help them play their best, win or lose, and that no one get hurt. I believe He answered those prayers.

God cares if we are faithful to Him. God cares about our kids in public schools. God cares about a lot of the issues in politics and I believe God is intently aware of what we do with what He gives us. We're not responsible for the outcomes, but we are responsible to be good stewards.

It's not about salvation, but this is a training ground where Christians are concerned. And the Holy Spirit is very much engaged in training us.

How about the Presidential election of 2008? Do you think God loves Barack Obama more than he loves John McCain?

Did God care when the Israelites asked to be led by a king rather than judges? Yes. Did God control the Israelites and insist they do things His way? No. Could God make any king, judge or president fall down dead, even burst open full of worms at this moment if He wanted to?

Do you not know the answer?

I think that the OP article is a bunch of mularky. God has a reason for allowing Barack Obama... and Barbara Boxer as well, to win the elections they have won. What that reason is, I cannot say, but whatever it is, it is all in God's plan.
I agree with this to an extent. I believe God allows man to choose. He also allows us to live with the consequences. He is also extremely aware of everybody's part in it all.

IMHO the writer of the article his being quite pretentious to claim that he/she knows the will of God.

"Pretentious" Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Lol in THIS environment? If I wanted to impress many of the people here...oh my gosh, posting things like this is hardly the way to endear one to the majority of this board.

When I played racquetball in tournaments, I prayed God be with me. I didn't pray to win because if I didn't put the time in, i didn't earn it and because God doesn't care about frivilous ego wins. But I prayed He'd be there with me, and when my opponent cheated and the ref missed it, or played tricks like voice hinders, I always excelled when everyone else choked from the anger because I knew that just helped me all the more. God isn't about egos which is usually what sports are all about, but He does care about every detail of our lives and He does want to be invited to be there, win or lose.

When my sons played football, I prayed God help them play their best, win or lose, and that no one get hurt. I believe He answered those prayers.

God cares if we are faithful to Him. God cares about our kids in public schools. God cares about a lot of the issues in politics and I believe God is intently aware of what we do with what He gives us. We're not responsible for the outcomes, but we are responsible to be good stewards.

It's not about salvation, but this is a training ground where Christians are concerned. And the Holy Spirit is very much engaged in training us.

Did God care when the Israelites asked to be led by a king rather than judges? Yes. Did God control the Israelites and insist they do things His way? No. Could God make any king, judge or president fall down dead, even burst open full of worms at this moment if He wanted to?

Do you not know the answer?

I agree with this to an extent. I believe God allows man to choose. He also allows us to live with the consequences. He is also extremely aware of everybody's part in it all.

"Pretentious" Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Lol in THIS environment? If I wanted to impress many of the people here...oh my gosh, posting things like this is hardly the way to endear one to the majority of this board.

My point was... does God choose one team over another?

When a player thanks God :eusa_pray: for letting his team win, it is as if he thinks God chose his team over the other team. I hardly think that God picks one team over the other.

Immie

My point was... does God choose one team over another?

When a player thanks God :eusa_pray: for letting his team win, it is as if he thinks God chose his team over the other team. I hardly think that God picks one team over the other.

Immie

I like to think they are praying thanks to God that they played well and are still alive

But no, I don't think God grants victories for the sake of people saying "My team beat your team, neener neener neener"

Can you imagine? Games would be determined by us moms praying for our kids in the stands then, because we all know how horrid the whole weekends are when they lose...and moms generally out pray kids :eusa_shhh:

Many evangelicals are extremely narcissistic. This OP is an example.

veryfunny.gif
oh yeah, "God cares about you and what you do" and "vote" is all about me...

How ya been Toro?

even if there was a heaven i doubt if they'd be even remotely interested.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. " -- Luke 14:26

soooooooooooooo you want God to be a dictator?

God cares about elections, and people and you and Christine O'Donnell and all of it, do you seriously doubt that?

He allows us to make mistakes, He helps us when we do if we ask, and when the whole nation goes up in flames if we keep going down this road, the ultimate destination of those who cry "Abba Father" will be a place that you really don't want to miss.

If God isn't closely involved in your life it's because you haven't accepted His invitation. But He so much cares.

If God isn't closely involved in your life it's because you haven't accepted His invitation. But He so much cares.

How do you know?

Generally someone that volunteers to be beaten then die on a cross that I wouldn't have to take the punishment for eternity kind of seems to care.

How do you know that God wants to be personally involved in my life because he cares so much? Seems pretty narcissistic to me to believe that God, the Creator of the Universe and the billions of stars and life forms is intensely interested in what I do in my day to day life because He cares so much. I mean, as fascinating as I am, I can't imagine God is particularly interested in what kind of toothpaste I use in the morning.

But it sure makes one feel good if one believes that, right?

How do you know?

Generally someone that volunteers to be beaten then die on a cross that I wouldn't have to take the punishment for eternity kind of seems to care.

How do you know that God wants to be personally involved in my life because he cares so much? Seems pretty narcissistic to me to believe that God, the Creator of the Universe and the billions of stars and life forms is intensely interested in what I do in my day to day life because He cares so much. I mean, as fascinating as I am, I can't imagine God is particularly interested in what kind of toothpaste I use in the morning.

But it sure makes one feel good if one believes that, right?
pssssst...He wants you to use Crest Ultra White.

And God saw that the Americans voted Republicans into the House of Representatives.

And God saw that it was good.

Forum List

Back