All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm

This also helps to explain was there is so much genetic diversity within the caucasian race and none within the African.

Thats not true at all Tank.
Sure it is, Cauasians can have blue, brown, green, black eyes and blond, red, black, brown hair.

Africans only have black afros and eyes.

Africans look different from all the continent, an African from Somalia has different features than someone from the Congo, and with all the race mixing going on in the US, there are many different features for Black people in the US, some have freckles, green eyes, blue eyes, even red hair sometimes.

Thats not true at all Tank.
Sure it is, Cauasians can have blue, brown, green, black eyes and blond, red, black, brown hair.

Africans look different from all the continent, an African from Somalia has different features than someone from the Congo, and with all the race mixing going on in the US, there are many different features for Black people in the US, some have freckles, green eyes, blue eyes, even red hair sometimes.

Only those infected with neanderthal DNA they caught from interbreeding with whites.

Only those infected with neanderthal DNA they caught from interbreeding with whites.

:(

If a African does not have just a black afro and eyes, they are of mixed race

Well that depends where you go, in South Africa and Brazil they have a couple different categories for you if you are not 100% black, but in the US its different, I am half white but have been treated and regarded as just Black my whole life, even when people know my ancestry.

Well that depends where you go, in South Africa and Brazil they have a couple different categories for you if you are not 100% black, but in the US its different, I am half white but have been treated and regarded as just Black my whole life, even when people know my ancestry.

That's the thing. White people don't go up to you and say, 'So how black are you?' They just treat you like you're black, though lighter skin apparently shields you from some racism.

That's the thing. White people don't go up to you and say, 'So how black are you?' They just treat you like you're black, though lighter skin apparently shields you from some racism.

I cannot speak from personal experience, but my understanding is there is a lot of bigotry within the black community surrounding 'darkness', and it goes both ways.

I wish I could find a video of an old SNL skit with Garret Morris and a much lighter skinned black guest. The set-up is a talk show format with Morris hosting. He asks the guy why there is this misconception that white people are smarter than black people. And the guy says, well I think that misconception stems from the fact that light skinned blacks are smarter than dark skinned blacks. You can imagine where it goes from there. Pretty funny stuff.

If your heritage is non-African, you are part Neanderthal, according to a new study in the July issue of Molecular Biology and Evolution. Discovery News has been reporting on human/Neanderthal interbreeding for some time now, so this latest research confirms earlier findings.

All Non-Africans Part Neanderthal, Genetics Confirm : Discovery News

6a00d8341bf67c53ef014e89ef7234970d-pi

"We can now say that, in all probability, there was gene flow from Neanderthals to modern humans," said the paper's first author, Richard E. (Ed) Green of the University of California, Santa Cruz.

Complete Neanderthal genome yields insights into human evolution and evidence of interbreeding

Neandertals | Gene Expression | Discover Magazine

90%

Interesting, and here I thought that evolution proved we were all Africans.....

Ohh my! How does this figure into god and the creationsits, etc?

If you stretch out the timeline, pretty well. :)

Some early Jewish thinkers said that God had created more than one kind of man, and that Adam was the 967th generation of man. (Yes, that's still rather off, but you can tell they were open to the idea...though if they were living at several hundred years each, that puts first man at 150-300k years ago.) Plus there are midrashim that say that a human week or day is nothing like God's week or day. Kabbalists say that the earth is billions of years old because the Earth goes through cycles of time. Classical, Medieval, and Modern rabbis weren't literalists. A couple of modern rabbis in the Orthodox circles have completely reversed the idea and think evolution is hearsay, but that's a small number.

Should be noted that Jews everywhere are opposed to the teaching of intelligent design in schools.

Not sure how that works out with Christians.

What happened to the fictional Evolutionary narrative that we all came from Africa?

Franky, the specie that gave birth to the Neanderthals came from Africa. Homo originated in Africa, the daughter species of Homo, of which we are but one, continued to evolve after we left Africa.

What happened to the fictional Evolutionary narrative that we all came from Africa?

Franky, the specie that gave birth to the Neanderthals came from Africa. Homo originated in Africa, the daughter species of Homo, of which we are but one, continued to evolve after we left Africa.

But didn't continue to evolve in Africa? :eusa_eh:

Damn, that's some seriously racist, repugnant shit dude! :evil:

Data for out of Africa still stands. Since the Sahara crosses the whole continent, the only way new human species can migrate out is up the nile.

Neanderthals are pretty much modern humans, except for the face. When modern humans came out of Africa 10,000 years ago, Neanderthals were pretty quickly competed out.

The interesting thing about this report is that humans and Neanderthals such as Rdean can breed successfully. This means they were closer to modern humans than previously believed. Most distant crossbreeds are sterile.

Since the population pressure was from south to north, that means Neanderthals never went back into Africa after they developed separately from modern humans.

Since we are speaking of Homo that date back to 400,000 years ago, there were several climatic cycles involving both Africa and Europe. Times when the climate was much more conducive to migrations than at present.

The Neanderthals and Sapiens were not that distant. Would not be surprised if we find that there were other isolated populations, such as the Denizovians, that also left their genetic imprint on us.

What explains why Africans won't breed with Neanderthal? Has to be racism!

Something about a large expanse of salt water between Africa and Europe. And the Homo Sapiens developed in Africa, and migrated to Europe. So the Africans and Neanderthal did interbreed. The results just did not go south, but north, east, and west.

But didn't continue to evolve in Africa? :eusa_eh:

Damn, that's some seriously racist, repugnant shit dude! :evil:

It's called convergent evolution.

Forum List

Back