all men [ women ] are NOT created equal

I was born retarded. Now I'm not as much retarded anymore. I know letters. Am I equal?

That's why Hellen Keller was born blind, deaf and mute, is descended from Robert E Lee, did charity events with the Lion Knights crusade of something , got on her own quarter, with her very own Spirit of Courage. Hooray. You could be famous too if you were some lady too, and too bad if you got the man parts!
Did you know that Helen Keller had a doghouse in her backyard?

...neither did she.

Let me ask one and all a question: if a person or group or gov't violates your human rights, does that mean your rights no longer exist? Do the unfortunate people in North Korea, Venezuela, and other hell holes no longer have rights?

Personally, I don't think so. Those people and every other human being on the face of the planet is born with certain human rights. Some are born stronger, smarter, richer, more talented in some way, or different one way or another. Do we or should we determine that an autistic child or one born with some other handicap of some kind has less right to live? [Not talking about abortion here, okay? Leave that argument for another thread.] So in that sense we are in truth born equal regardless of the circumstances; we may be different in all sorts of ways but each of us has the same human rights.

I doubt you will find anyone that thinks all people are equal.
Have you listened to the leftist Democrats lately? They espouse all sorts of anti-science craziness about people being "equal" to each other (and how men can be women and women can be men and etc...)... Even conservatives/Republicans when they argue that anyone can become rich if they would simply "work hard enough"?

Men and women are quite different, no matter how much the left wants to do away with "gender roles" and the such, and not everyone can "work their way to the top", no matter how much the right wants to equalize people's potential in life.

..some are born retarded/autistic/etc
..some are born/become fat/short/ugly [ most wealthy entertainers/singers/news anchors/etc are not ugly/fat ]
..some are born with terrible parents/one parent/no parents
..some are not smart
etc etc

---so they will not--'''can't''--- ''share''/acquire/etc equally the wealth/good life/etc [ generally speaking ]
so naturally there is inequality ....

Yeah, uh, "equal" does not mean "exactly alike".

The point of "all men are created equal" is that all human beings have equal value in the eyes of God, and thus should be viewed and treated with the same value in the eyes of society.

..some are born/become fat/short/ugly [ most wealthy entertainers/singers/news anchors/etc are not ugly/fat ]
..some are not smart
etc etc

---so they will not--'''can't''--- ''share''/acquire/etc equally the wealth/good life/etc [ generally speaking ]

tenor-Th.gif

They are different, but equal by law.
agree--but how many times does that come into effect for ''a lot''/most people?
even small groups such as blacks/LGBTQ/etc?
..some are not smart
etc etc

having a constitutional conundrum Mr H?

~S~
???!!!??

I think the point of a good society is for it NOT to come into effect.

The phrase "created equal" does not refer to physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, psychological, legal, or any other observable measure. It means that every human being should have certain individual rights no matter what their circumstances are. And those rights are inherent; some say at birth while others say at conception but nevertheless they should exist for any society wherein freedom and liberty are ascribed to. The reality of course is that not everyone is equally treated and not everyone agrees on what that means.
Sadly, for some people at times those individual rights have been curtailed or denied, but that does not mean they did not exist, nor does it mean the country they lived in or the gov't they lived with is a bad one. All it means is that at the time some people who made decisions that were contrary to the ideals this country was founded on. IOW, they fucked up. Not the country, not the system, not the gov't, the people did.

The phrase "created equal" does not refer to physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, psychological, legal, or any other observable measure. It means that every human being should have certain individual rights no matter what their circumstances are. And those rights are inherent; some say at birth while others say at conception but nevertheless they should exist for any society wherein freedom and liberty are ascribed to. The reality of course is that not everyone is equally treated and not everyone agrees on what that means.
Sadly, for some people at times those individual rights have been curtailed or denied, but that does not mean they did not exist, nor does it mean the country they lived in or the gov't they lived with is a bad one. All it means is that at the time some people who made decisions that were contrary to the ideals this country was founded on. IOW, they fucked up. Not the country, not the system, not the gov't, the people did.
All it means is that at the time some people who made decisions that were contrary to the ideals this country was founded on.

you obviously have never read a document in reference to the desert religions or their congregations - and their surreptitious foundation, pater familias ... selfanointed supreme authority.

you obviously have never read a document in reference to the desert religions or their congregations - and their surreptitious foundation, pater familias ... selfanointed supreme authority.

"All it means is that at the time some people who made decisions that were contrary to the ideals this country was founded on."

I presume that those desert regions do not have the same ideals that we do. Or we used to have.

Forum List

Back