All in the GOP Family: John McCain's cousin explains why he won't vote for him

you can thank ludacris, wright, naz, and p. diddy for his latest nick name.

if i didn't have any credibility then why continue?

ok, lets talk "moral responsibility". it's not his "moral responsibility" to take my money and give it to people who are to lazy to work. it's not my "moral responsibility" to take care of people i don't know, that are not my family, people i don't care about, never will care about, that are to lazy to work.

Who is going to take your money, please explain?

Are you really comparing Jerry Falwell to a militant terrorist group? Yeah, Falwell was bat shit crazy, but comparing his endorsement to that of a group that advocates suicide bombings and the killing of innocent people is just fuckin ridiculous. :cuckoo:

Falwell supported Anita Bryant's 1977 "Save Our Children" campaign to overturn an ordinance in Dade County, Florida that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and a similar movement in California.

And "Save our Children?"

In 1977, Dade County, Florida (now Miami-Dade County) passed an ordinance sponsored by Bryant's former good friend Ruth Shack, that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Anita Bryant led a highly publicized campaign to repeal the ordinance. The campaign was waged based on what was labeled "Christian beliefs regarding the sinfulness of homosexuality and the perceived threat of homosexual recruitment of children and child molestation."

Her view was that "What these people really want, hidden behind obscure legal phrases, is the legal right to propose to our children that theirs is an acceptable alternate way of life. [...] I will lead such a crusade to stop it as this country has not seen before." The campaign was called 'Save Our Children', the start of an organized opposition to gay rights that spread across the nation. Jerry Falwell went to Miami to help her.

Bryant made the following statements during the campaign: "As a mother, I know that homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children" and "If gays are granted rights, next we'll have to give rights to prostitutes and to people who sleep with St. Bernards and to nail biters." On June 7, 1977, Bryant's campaign led to a repeal of the anti-discrimination ordinance by a margin of 69 to 31 percent

Falwell strongly supported racial segregation. In 1965, he gave a sermon at his Thomas Road Baptist Church criticizing Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil rights movement, which he sometimes referred to as the "Civil Wrongs Movement". On his Evangelist program The Old-Time Gospel Hour in the mid 1960s, he regularly featured segregationist politicians like Lester Maddox and George Wallace.[12] He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left wing associations."

Despite the fact that MLK was a republican, he was to known have "left wing associations" and questioned his sincerity in the Civil Rights cause. I wonder if risking and giving up his life was good enough for the Rev Jerry Falwell? :cuckoo:

Falwell repeatedly denounced certain teachings in public schools and secular education in general, calling them breeding grounds for atheism, secularism, and humanism, which he claimed to be in contradiction with Christian morality. He advocated that the United States change its public education system by implementing a school voucher system which would allow parents to send their children to either public or private schools. Jerry Falwell wrote in America Can Be Saved that "I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them."

Hear that? Public schools are breeding grounds for atheism, secularism, and humanism so therefore they're are evil. He can't wait til the day the Christians and the church have taken them over again. So much for separation of church and state.

In urging the repeal of the ordinance, Falwell told one crowd, "Gay folks would just as soon kill you as look at you."[24] When the mostly gay Metropolitan Community Church was almost accepted into the World Council of Churches, Falwell called them "brute beasts" and stated, "this vile and satanic system will one day be utterly annihilated and there'll be a celebration in heaven."[25] He later denied this and was sued and lost the case.[26] Falwell also regularly linked the AIDS pandemic to LGBT issues and stated, “AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals, it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.”[27] Amongst many remarks over the years he is probably most known for statements attributed to him about a Teletubby being a gay role model for homosexual recruitment and stating that gays and lesbians were amongst those in some way responsible for the September 11 attacks. Ironically, he condemned Fred Phelps' controversial Westboro Baptist Church, on the basis of believing that abortion clinic bombings were harmful to the furthering of the pro-life movement.

Sounds like a nice guy huh? :rolleyes:

Oh and don't worry Jewish people, the Rev did not leave you out.

In 1999, Falwell declared the Antichrist would probably arrive within a decade and "Of course he'll be Jewish."[44] After anti-Semitism charges Falwell apologized and explained that he was simply expressing the theological tenet that the Antichrist and Christ share many attributes.

The fact that Marc Cherry's a gay Republican means he should join the Democratic Party.
Meet the Press (28 November 2004)

Jerry Falwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hell, he was close to saying you might as well kill them. This guy wasn't just bat-shit insane, he was well..look for yourself above.

Of course, down play it instead of focusing on what he says.

If John McCain's own family doesn't recognize him, then that is saying something.

I did:

If there ever were a Republican we might consider voting for, it would have been my cousin John.

They would NEVER have considered...

Forum List

Back