All in all.....Its been a bad year for Republicans

If it was just "entertainment" it had a major impact on the political scene. The massive swing of single women away from the Republican Party was a significant event. To think that Rush Limbaugh and the reaction of the extreme right had no impact on that swing is short sighted

To think it was apolitical flub by the actual party is stupid... it was sensationalized shit from the entertainment media that steered it in the direction it went... thanks to hacks like yourself

You put it as 'political lowlights', when it was not done by the politicians (except the Romney 47%)...

You and your ilk put more into Rush etc than the politicians or the 'righties' do

Got Ilk?

The got milk? With Malcolm McDowell is better.

Haven't seen it. Is it A Clockwork Orange Esque' ?

Yeah. I'll post it tonight.

He says the things candidates are not allowed to say and fires up the extreme right of the party. If Republicans allowed him to exist and basically ignored him they could take the high ground
But when they clamor to appear on his show they lose that moral high ground. You can't have Rush calling young women sluts and offending blacks one week and then have all the top Republicans appearing on his show the next

Maybe you listen to Rush more than i do. I've never heard him do an interview with someone who holds public office. It's him taking calls from listeners or doing long commentary segments.

Republicans let another Moderate candidate drag us down nationally

You make a good point to a point.....

The republicans are not gonna run another moderate next time after getting smashed twice in a row.....

Plus if the next four years go poorly, the GOP may be able to win with a farther right candidate than normal....

Sort of a 2008 In reverse.

I listen to Rush sparingly when i feel like and i'm running an errand or something. One thing i've noticed is that he doesn't really do interviews on his show. He'll take calls from listeners but i've never heard him do an interview of a congressman, senator, etc on his show before.

I listen to him about the same. He's not appointment listening, but if he's in the car I turn him on. I have to admit, I hear fewer interviews too. I think he's been tapering off since he started having hearing loss. In the Bush years, he'd get calls from Rove and Cheney all the time.

I could probably make the same point by sidestepping over to Hannity, as he seems to be the new go to guy for appearances on Fox and his radio program, and he's just as bombastic.

For the record, I think once you give someone an interview, you make the person relevant. I think its a mistake to show up on Limbaugh's or Hannity's show just the same as its a mistake to show up on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. They're entertainers and have a vested interest in saying bombastic stuff so people watch. Allowing yourself to appear on the show gives a kind of passing stamp of approval for the show.

I have to admit, I hear fewer interviews too. I think he's been tapering off since he started having hearing loss. In the Bush years, he'd get calls from Rove and Cheney all the time.

I could probably make the same point by sidestepping over to Hannity, as he seems to be the new go to guy for appearances on Fox and his radio program, and he's just as bombastic.

Considering that the overwhelming majority of media these days is left to heavily left leaning, it doesn't surprise me why Hannity/Rush are seen as extreme while Mathews, Schultz, Maddow aren't. They're opposite sides of the coin.

The republicans are not gonna run another moderate next time after getting smashed twice in a row.....

I do not believe the key to victory for the GOP is move Left necessarily, it's to find someone like Reagan that can REACH to the Left and move folks their way. Reagan was capable of bringing around Democrats to his views.

The problem is that the recent GOP folks have either run by being Democrats (and lost to the Democrat) or run on a platform of "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU EVEN CONSIDERED DISAGREEING WITH ME ARE YOU A MORON? GOD YOU ARE STUPID AND SHOULD SCREW OFF" All in caps on purpose as that's about the volume those people have. If that's the tone you lose even the people that agree with you 90% of the time.

The GOP can make very serious inroads into the Hispanic population as they're typically fairly religious and Conservative. They can make inroads into young mothers and young business women. They can make inroads into the African American Churches. But they fail because there are very few people in the electorate that agree with 100% of the Party stances and when they disagree, they're kicked out.

This isn't rocket science. The nation is different in each State politically. Find a message that isn't restricted to a few States. The current GOP platform is very nearly too far right for even the Conservative states like North Carolina and Indiana. States where even the Democrats are Republicans. How do you expect to make any inroads into the Blue States?

I have to admit, I hear fewer interviews too. I think he's been tapering off since he started having hearing loss. In the Bush years, he'd get calls from Rove and Cheney all the time.

Considering that the overwhelming majority of media these days is left to heavily left leaning, it doesn't surprise me why Hannity/Rush are seen as extreme while Mathews, Schultz, Maddow aren't. They're opposite sides of the coin.

Matthews, Schultz, and Maddow are fairly irrelevant. Stewart and Colbert are more influential than they are.

If it was just "entertainment" it had a major impact on the political scene. The massive swing of single women away from the Republican Party was a significant event. To think that Rush Limbaugh and the reaction of the extreme right had no impact on that swing is short sighted

To think it was apolitical flub by the actual party is stupid... it was sensationalized shit from the entertainment media that steered it in the direction it went... thanks to hacks like yourself

You put it as 'political lowlights', when it was not done by the politicians (except the Romney 47%)...

You and your ilk put more into Rush etc than the politicians or the 'righties' do

Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said
This case was much worse because of the sheer nastiness of attacks on Fluke
Even Republicans were astonished and Rush was forced to apologize
But it is like unbreaking an egg. Young single women were appalled by the three day attack on Fluke and it turned them against the Republicans

It was a major political blunder by Republicans in 2012

No... you and your ilk assign that role... He is no more a key member of the republican party machine than Sean Penn is to the DEMs

The stance against Fluke were justified... he insisting that employers or groups be forced to provide something against their beliefs was flat out wrong.. and I saw NO attack by anyone within the Republican party or campaign that attacked... An ENTERTAINER attacked, much like you see various LIB entertainers doing CONSTANTLY

You mention that REPs were 'astonished' and evidently pressured Rush... yet you still attribute this to the REPs... you are indeed an idiot

You are still barking up the wrong tree... you want something on the politics of the REP party, STICK TO THE FUCKING REP PARTY, you dimwit

Trump, Clint, having a stand against what Fluke wanted (even if an ENTERTAINER like Rush said stupid stuff) are not really 'political blunders'

The problem is that entertainers like Rush and Trump are getting too much prominence inside the GOP. Is there a legitimate question to be debated in the whole birth control debate? Yes. But you pretty much auto-lose when you bust out words like slut.

That's pretty much what happened with the 47% comment. I think it's accurate that there is 47% or so of the vote Romney was never going to get. There's about that same percentage Obama isn't going to get either. The difference is that Romney called those folks freeloaders, deadbeats, etc, and somewhat implied the absolute worse about them. Obama just didn't talk about those guys in this campaign after nearly shooting himself in the foot with his comment in 2008.

Even in math, you can give an answer that is completely right, and still be absolutely wrong. Until the GOP figures out that you're not going to win over anyone by calling the folks that are unconvinced morons, or calling women sluts, or saying 47% of the population are freeloaders, they're going to just sit things out.

You all desperately need a Reagan. A guy who can talk about the rational beliefs Conservatives have with having to stoop to calling his opponents names to try to score a few votes. That approach has been pretty much repudiated by voters after the Rove years.

Really?? Show me where they were involved or participating in REP stratgey, political decisions, etc.. I will be waiting

2012 started with so much promise for the GOP. It was going to be a year when they took control of the White House and Senate. A year when they would kill Obamacare. A year when they would continue their assault on gay rights

What happened?

Against a vulnerable candidate they ran the worst field of Presidential candidates in a generation. They tied up their only credible candidate in an endless primary with endless debates only to pick the guy everyone knew would win anyway. They forced their candidate to pander to the mega rich and social conservatives. They attacked 47% of Americans. They ended up losing 323 to 206

Only having to defend 10 GOP seats, they had a clear path to taking the Senate. The 23 Democrats were vulnerable. They drove away Olympia Snowe and Richard Lugar. They ran candidates who supported banning abortion for rape. They tried to buy elections. They ended up losing two Senate seats rather than winning seats and have jeopardized their chances of taking the Senate in 2014

Republicans were cocky about killing Obamacare. The Conservative stacked Supreme Court would gut the bill, President Romney would do the rest. Justice Roberts ended up saying he would not bear the burden as the man who killed universal healthcare and sided with the liberals. Romney was soundly defeated Obamacare is here to stay

Republicans knew that voters would never vote for gay marriage and pushed for state legislation for an up or down vote. For the first time, voters supported the rights of gays to marry

Yes, 2012 was a bad year for Republicans

Yet the public saw fit to reelect a republican controlled house to keep checks and balances on a democratic administration. And that is exactly what they are doing. So where does the power really lie?

2012 started with so much promise for the GOP. It was going to be a year when they took control of the White House and Senate. A year when they would kill Obamacare. A year when they would continue their assault on gay rights

What happened?

Against a vulnerable candidate they ran the worst field of Presidential candidates in a generation. They tied up their only credible candidate in an endless primary with endless debates only to pick the guy everyone knew would win anyway. They forced their candidate to pander to the mega rich and social conservatives. They attacked 47% of Americans. They ended up losing 323 to 206

Only having to defend 10 GOP seats, they had a clear path to taking the Senate. The 23 Democrats were vulnerable. They drove away Olympia Snowe and Richard Lugar. They ran candidates who supported banning abortion for rape. They tried to buy elections. They ended up losing two Senate seats rather than winning seats and have jeopardized their chances of taking the Senate in 2014

Republicans were cocky about killing Obamacare. The Conservative stacked Supreme Court would gut the bill, President Romney would do the rest. Justice Roberts ended up saying he would not bear the burden as the man who killed universal healthcare and sided with the liberals. Romney was soundly defeated Obamacare is here to stay

Republicans knew that voters would never vote for gay marriage and pushed for state legislation for an up or down vote. For the first time, voters supported the rights of gays to marry

Yet the public saw fit to reelect a republican controlled house to keep checks and balances on a democratic administration. And that is exactly what they are doing. So where does the power really lie?

I get it. You get it. They will never get it. They have a hollow victory. Unless they can do something about the House in 2014, they still won't get it.

They all do their little "victory dances" here every day, especially the nitwit rightwinger and they don't realize that they control zero without the House.

Last edited:

What happened?

I get it. You get it. They will never get it. They have a hollow victory. Unless they can do something about the House in 2014, they still won't get it.

They all do their little "victory dances" here every day, especially the nitwit rightwinger and they don't realize that they control zero without the House.

For the right to pat themselves on the back for maintaining the House after they gerymandered it to save Republican districts is a laugh

In spite of their political maneuvers, they still lost eight seats in the House

For the right to pat themselves on the back for maintaining the House after they gerymandered it to save Republican districts is a laugh

And "YOU" can't get a thing done. So STFU and fuck off, crybaby sore-winner.

Last edited:

Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said
This case was much worse because of the sheer nastiness of attacks on Fluke
Even Republicans were astonished and Rush was forced to apologize
But it is like unbreaking an egg. Young single women were appalled by the three day attack on Fluke and it turned them against the Republicans

It was a major political blunder by Republicans in 2012

No... you and your ilk assign that role... He is no more a key member of the republican party machine than Sean Penn is to the DEMs

The stance against Fluke were justified... he insisting that employers or groups be forced to provide something against their beliefs was flat out wrong.. and I saw NO attack by anyone within the Republican party or campaign that attacked... An ENTERTAINER attacked, much like you see various LIB entertainers doing CONSTANTLY

You mention that REPs were 'astonished' and evidently pressured Rush... yet you still attribute this to the REPs... you are indeed an idiot

You are still barking up the wrong tree... you want something on the politics of the REP party, STICK TO THE FUCKING REP PARTY, you dimwit

The difference is that the Dems don't line up to embrace Sean Penn or Michael Moore. They just ignore them.

However, Republicans line up to appear on Rush's show no matter what comes out of his mouth. Republicans still pander to avoid the wrath of Rush........Dems do no such thing with Sean Penn

And "YOU" can't get a thng done. So STFU and fuck off, crybaby sore-winner.

Sad that Conservatives brag about it

Forum List

Back