All in all.....Its been a bad year for Republicans

Uh... you can say the 47% is apolitical blunder.. no argument there...

Trump, Clint, having a stand against what Fluke wanted (even if an ENTERTAINER like Rush said stupid stuff) are not really 'political blunders'

Dems ALWAYS try and pander to the entitlement crowd and paint Reps as 'insensitive'

I gave you the actual 'lowlight' on the political side.. You gave a bunch of fluff crap and tried to make it as a Rep issue

While Trump, Clint and Rush are not elected officials they did help solidify the impression that Republicans are out of touch and insenitive and borderline crazy. Clint was making a joke but the timing was unfortunate. The empty chair grabbed headlines away from Mitts acceptance speech and was delivered minutes before Mitt took the stage....definitely stole Mitts thunder

Trump and Rush are embraced by the crazy radical fringe of the party. The unwillingness of the major GOP candidates to distance themselves allowed dems to paint them as sympathetic. The birthers are mostly just humorous nutcases. But Rush's vicious attack on Fluke and much of the party rallying around him hurt with woman voters

No.. it was all entertainment and entertainment media spin and attention... It was not any political move... thanks for playing

Stop focusing on Trump and Rush or Beck or Savage or whomever else.... you want to talk the politics, stick to the actual politics

If it was just "entertainment" it had a major impact on the political scene. The massive swing of single women away from the Republican Party was a significant event. To think that Rush Limbaugh and the reaction of the extreme right had no impact on that swing is short sighted

While Trump, Clint and Rush are not elected officials they did help solidify the impression that Republicans are out of touch and insenitive and borderline crazy. Clint was making a joke but the timing was unfortunate. The empty chair grabbed headlines away from Mitts acceptance speech and was delivered minutes before Mitt took the stage....definitely stole Mitts thunder

Trump and Rush are embraced by the crazy radical fringe of the party. The unwillingness of the major GOP candidates to distance themselves allowed dems to paint them as sympathetic. The birthers are mostly just humorous nutcases. But Rush's vicious attack on Fluke and much of the party rallying around him hurt with woman voters

No.. it was all entertainment and entertainment media spin and attention... It was not any political move... thanks for playing

Stop focusing on Trump and Rush or Beck or Savage or whomever else.... you want to talk the politics, stick to the actual politics

If it was just "entertainment" it had a major impact on the political scene. The massive swing of single women away from the Republican Party was a significant event. To think that Rush Limbaugh and the reaction of the extreme right had no impact on that swing is short sighted

To think it was apolitical flub by the actual party is stupid... it was sensationalized shit from the entertainment media that steered it in the direction it went... thanks to hacks like yourself

You put it as 'political lowlights', when it was not done by the politicians (except the Romney 47%)...

You and your ilk put more into Rush etc than the politicians or the 'righties' do

This is a political message board....we discuss politics

As the year comes to an end, it is obvious that the Republican expectations of major success were smashed. It will be a major story of 2012.

Just because you do not like it doesn't mean it can't be discussed

STFU and go start 18 more anti-Republican threads. I enjoy watching them smack your dumb ass all over the board. I've yet to see you win a debate since I've been here.

Go on..entertain me, minstrel. :clap2:

Its is a political message board. What would you like to discuss?
Don't you get tired of the Sarah Palin is an idiot and Obama sucks threads?

The failure of the Republican Party in 2012 is a major story. If you don't want to discuss it there are hundreds of other threads you can join

What failure you idiot? They lost an election? Would you post 100 threads on what losers the Dems were had they lost? I doubt it.

Get out of my face. I don't even know why I'm acknowledging you. You are the most useless and annoying little boy around here. Oh and I left out, simpleton.

Yeah it's a message board and you have no message that we haven't read 150 times in the last 3 weeks.

No spin bonehead

Republicans did have a golden opportunity.. I am not arguing that.. Republicans fucked up in a bunch of campaigns.. Again, not arguing that...

Simply correcting your stupid assumptions and showing that these 'lowlights' you speak of are not really of any reality or relevance

He's a hack troll. This thread is nothing new.

Really? That is super interesting

What is hack about this thread?

All your posts.

2012 started with so much promise for the GOP. It was going to be a year when they took control of the White House and Senate. A year when they would kill Obamacare. A year when they would continue their assault on gay rights

What happened?

Against a vulnerable candidate they ran the worst field of Presidential candidates in a generation. They tied up their only credible candidate in an endless primary with endless debates only to pick the guy everyone knew would win anyway. They forced their candidate to pander to the mega rich and social conservatives. They attacked 47% of Americans. They ended up losing 323 to 206

Only having to defend 10 GOP seats, they had a clear path to taking the Senate. The 23 Democrats were vulnerable. They drove away Olympia Snowe and Richard Lugar. They ran candidates who supported banning abortion for rape. They tried to buy elections. They ended up losing two Senate seats rather than winning seats and have jeopardized their chances of taking the Senate in 2014

Republicans were cocky about killing Obamacare. The Conservative stacked Supreme Court would gut the bill, President Romney would do the rest. Justice Roberts ended up saying he would not bear the burden as the man who killed universal healthcare and sided with the liberals. Romney was soundly defeated Obamacare is here to stay

Republicans knew that voters would never vote for gay marriage and pushed for state legislation for an up or down vote. For the first time, voters supported the rights of gays to marry

Yes, 2012 was a bad year for Republicans

One thing about the left is that they aren't gracious winners. Another thing is that they don't have sense enough to be worried about the Country while they are beating a dead horse. The future of Obamacare remains to be seen and my guess is that the left wing lemmings will follow president Hussein right off the cliff.

To think it was apolitical flub by the actual party is stupid... it was sensationalized shit from the entertainment media that steered it in the direction it went... thanks to hacks like yourself

You put it as 'political lowlights', when it was not done by the politicians (except the Romney 47%)...

You and your ilk put more into Rush etc than the politicians or the 'righties' do

Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said
This case was much worse because of the sheer nastiness of attacks on Fluke
Even Republicans were astonished and Rush was forced to apologize
But it is like unbreaking an egg. Young single women were appalled by the three day attack on Fluke and it turned them against the Republicans

It was a major political blunder by Republicans in 2012

Last edited:
2012 GOP Lowlights

1. Attack on women: Rush Limbaugh calls Sandra Fluke a slut for using birth control. Republicans demonize Fluke calling her ugly, a whore, a freeloader. House panel on womens birth control issues is all men

I know we are a nation hopelessly divided on all sorts of issues but whatever else people may think of her or her positions I would hope we could reach a bipartisan consensus that Sandra Fluke is ugly.

I always wondered what her concern was since I couldnt imagine the guy who could get it up for her.

2012 started with so much promise for the GOP. It was going to be a year when they took control of the White House and Senate. A year when they would kill Obamacare. A year when they would continue their assault on gay rights

What happened?

Against a vulnerable candidate they ran the worst field of Presidential candidates in a generation. They tied up their only credible candidate in an endless primary with endless debates only to pick the guy everyone knew would win anyway. They forced their candidate to pander to the mega rich and social conservatives. They attacked 47% of Americans. They ended up losing 323 to 206

Only having to defend 10 GOP seats, they had a clear path to taking the Senate. The 23 Democrats were vulnerable. They drove away Olympia Snowe and Richard Lugar. They ran candidates who supported banning abortion for rape. They tried to buy elections. They ended up losing two Senate seats rather than winning seats and have jeopardized their chances of taking the Senate in 2014

Republicans were cocky about killing Obamacare. The Conservative stacked Supreme Court would gut the bill, President Romney would do the rest. Justice Roberts ended up saying he would not bear the burden as the man who killed universal healthcare and sided with the liberals. Romney was soundly defeated Obamacare is here to stay

Republicans knew that voters would never vote for gay marriage and pushed for state legislation for an up or down vote. For the first time, voters supported the rights of gays to marry

Yes, 2012 was a bad year for Republicans

One thing about the left is that they aren't gracious winners. Another thing is that they don't have sense enough to be worried about the Country while they are beating a dead horse. The future of Obamacare remains to be seen and my guess is that the left wing lemmings will follow president Hussein right off the cliff.

President Hussein...good one

Shows the voters were right on Nov 6

Trump, Clint, having a stand against what Fluke wanted (even if an ENTERTAINER like Rush said stupid stuff) are not really 'political blunders'

The problem is that entertainers like Rush and Trump are getting too much prominence inside the GOP. Is there a legitimate question to be debated in the whole birth control debate? Yes. But you pretty much auto-lose when you bust out words like slut.

That's pretty much what happened with the 47% comment. I think it's accurate that there is 47% or so of the vote Romney was never going to get. There's about that same percentage Obama isn't going to get either. The difference is that Romney called those folks freeloaders, deadbeats, etc, and somewhat implied the absolute worse about them. Obama just didn't talk about those guys in this campaign after nearly shooting himself in the foot with his comment in 2008.

Even in math, you can give an answer that is completely right, and still be absolutely wrong. Until the GOP figures out that you're not going to win over anyone by calling the folks that are unconvinced morons, or calling women sluts, or saying 47% of the population are freeloaders, they're going to just sit things out.

You all desperately need a Reagan. A guy who can talk about the rational beliefs Conservatives have with having to stoop to calling his opponents names to try to score a few votes. That approach has been pretty much repudiated by voters after the Rove years.

Last edited:
Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Reublican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said

Only to liberals. It's projection. They assign Rush's sensationalism to every single republican and then say that Rush represents them. It's bullshit. And to suggest the republicans in office should be spending the majority of their day listening to Rush so they can publicly dismiss what he says is bullshit as well.

A fair number of us who voted for Obama have serious doubts about him and his policies. Why do you think the GOP was allowed to hold on to the House?

But I personally can say I'm not handing back power to the GOP any time soon while the rhetoric on their side is what it is, and the GOP stances are what they are. I'll vote Libertarian first.

Got Ilk?

Got Ilk?

The got milk? With Malcolm McDowell is better.

Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Reublican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said

Only to liberals. It's projection. They assign Rush's sensationalism to every single republican and then say that Rush represents them. It's bullshit. And to suggest the republicans in office should be spending the majority of their day listening to Rush so they can publicly dismiss what he says is bullshit as well.

Welcome to politics. Under Bush a lot of Democrats were called on to disavow Cindy Sheehan, and she was a loony toon that tried to unseat Pelosi. She was so fringe you'd have to add a deck and a 30 ft pier off to the left of the political spectrum to seat her.

The problem isn't that Democrats see Rush as the voice of the party, it's that moderates do. It also doesn't help that any serious power player in the GOP seems to end up on his show as if it were a rite of passage. If Rush is irrelevant, freeze him out, don't give him an interview. That MAKES him relevant.

Rush Limbaugh is a key member of the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. He gets to say all the things that actual politicians are not allowed to say...then they get to disavow what he has said
This case was much worse because of the sheer nastiness of attacks on Fluke
Even Republicans were astonished and Rush was forced to apologize
But it is like unbreaking an egg. Young single women were appalled by the three day attack on Fluke and it turned them against the Republicans

It was a major political blunder by Republicans in 2012

Of course Rush Limbaugh "gets to say" anything the left gets to say. Would you have it any other way? Of course you would. Leave it to the left to rally around a woman who whines about not being able to afford all the condoms she needs. I haven't seen the left apologize for the cartoons that depicted Dr. Condie Rice as a horrible characture of a slave mammy.

Welcome to politics. Under Bush a lot of Democrats were called on to disavow Cindy Sheehan, and she was a loony toon that tried to unseat Pelosi. She was so fringe you'd have to add a deck and a 30 ft pier off to the left of the political spectrum to seat her.

The problem isn't that Democrats see Rush as the voice of the party, it's that moderates do. It also doesn't help that any serious power player in the GOP seems to end up on his show as if it were a rite of passage. If Rush is irrelevant, freeze him out, don't give him an interview. That MAKES him relevant.

I listen to Rush sparingly when i feel like and i'm running an errand or something. One thing i've noticed is that he doesn't really do interviews on his show. He'll take calls from listeners but i've never heard him do an interview of a congressman, senator, etc on his show before.

Got Ilk?

The got milk? With Malcolm McDowell is better.

Haven't seen it. Is it A Clockwork Orange Esque' ?

Its kind of a double edged sword with Rush

He says the things candidates are not allowed to say and fires up the extreme right of the party. If Republicans allowed him to exist and basically ignored him they could take the high ground
But when they clamor to appear on his show they lose that moral high ground. You can't have Rush calling young women sluts and offending blacks one week and then have all the top Republicans appearing on his show the next

Forum List

Back