All Hell Is Breaking Out in Egypt.

hummmm, are they truly mad they don't have a 'democracy'...? really? and define prop up? so we give money to Egypt. okay. do we give money to Jordan ( yes 204 million as of 2004 all I could find) and Saudi Arabia? Syria? No.

so lets say the people in oh Syria get pissed at assad....are they mad at us or mad that he hasn't done enough of the 'country'? ha SA bribed their people into just laying down? Has Assad just sat on his people hard enough?

Are many mad we give Israel money? yes on all counts.

Are there other correlations?

They also have very few McDonald's, KFC's, and Taco Bells.

Wouldn't you be pissed??

I think Wall St thinks that too - oil prices up, DOW is down. The shame of it is, they are protesting is because they are hungry and jobless. It is what happens when there is huge income disparity and no middle class. Makes me wonder what will happen in the US when the middle class is wiped out.

If their is riots like that in the US I'd bet they'll be much worse, cause a lot of people here are armed. I hope that doesn't happen, frankly every-time I see riots I always hear a bout how they rob people in the same situation as they are.

I t is hard to take a cab across town in a riot.

I live on a farm, what happens in cities is not a concern to me for immediate effect, what concerns me is if chaos comes and I end up having to fight off people.

If their is riots like that in the US I'd bet they'll be much worse, cause a lot of people here are armed. I hope that doesn't happen, frankly every-time I see riots I always hear a bout how they rob people in the same situation as they are.

I t is hard to take a cab across town in a riot.

I live on a farm, what happens in cities is not a concern to me for immediate effect, what concerns me is if chaos comes and I end up having to fight off people.

:eusa_eh:

You live on a farm in Egypt?

Want to know what happens in a real riot in this country. Look at Detroit in 1967. LBJ had to call the US Army in to quell the riot. Ended up having 43 dead, 467 injured, over 7,200 arrests, and more than 2,000 buildings destroyed. This in one city. I remember seeing buildings burning and fireman would not respond because of snipers. Then you had the Newark in 1967 that left 26 dead and jundred injured. But one of the things about these is that they destroyed their own neighborhoods.

The Media and most people really are jumping the gun on their celebrations. These uprisings in the Muslim World may start out being about Freedom & Democracy but they rarely end up that way. The hard-line Islamists are already taking advantage of this upheaval. This is happening in Tunisia as well. So it may be about Freedom & Democracy today but don't expect their Government to reflect this in the future. The hard-liner Islamists will probably end up gaining most from this uprising.

The Media and most people really are jumping the gun on their celebrations. ... The hard-liner Islamists will probably end up gaining most from this uprising.

The US Media will gain the most: What else are they suppose to do?

The Daily Updates about Gabrielle Giffords' recovery and Jared Loughner's Life-long Lunacy get a little stale.

Look for Obama to part the Red Sea and bring Peace to Egypt before November 2012.

The Media and most people really are jumping the gun on their celebrations. ... The hard-liner Islamists will probably end up gaining most from this uprising.

The US Media will gain the most: What else are they suppose to do?

The Daily Updates about Gabrielle Giffords' recovery and Jared Loughner's Life-long Lunacy get a little stale.

Look for Obama to part the Red Sea and bring Peace to Egypt before November 2012.

Yea we'll see what happens after the Media loses interest in this story. I suspect Mubarak is probably just waiting em out at this point. Who knows what's gonna happen once the TV cameras are turned off. I'm not too sure Mubarak is done just yet.

just watched chris wallace question hillary...she said Tuesday that Mubarak was stable and in control and the Egyptian gov. was dealing with the events, then yesterday he ran a clip of the flip flop..she didn't do a good explaining we want it both ways....she needs more practice, Bill would have hit it out of the park.

Surprisingly Boehner did a much better job...:lol:

What's happening in Egypt should be taken as a cautionary tale which could be repeated in a number of countries where governments disconnects with the poor and 90% of the wealth is controlled by 10% of the people. Although the unemployment rate in Egypt is about the same as the US, a large percent of the workforce is little more than slave labor. 40% of the Egyptian population lives in poverty. 2.6 million Egyptians suffer from hunger and malnutrition. In Garbage City outside of Cairo, people live and work in garbage.

Incredible 'Garbage City' Rises Outside of Cairo

What's happening in Egypt should be taken as a cautionary tale which could be repeated in a number of countries where governments disconnects with the poor and 90% of the wealth is controlled by 10% of the people. Although the unemployment rate in Egypt is about the same as the US, a large percent of the workforce is little more than slave labor. 40% of the Egyptian population lives in poverty. 2.6 million Egyptians suffer from hunger and malnutrition. In Garbage City outside of Cairo, people live and work in garbage.

Incredible 'Garbage City' Rises Outside of Cairo

Sex Offenders Camp Out Under Bridge - ABC News

:eusa_eh:

You live on a farm in Egypt?

No, I live on a farm in Tennessee (United States), I was referring to how taxis do not affect me lol.

Apparently we need a thread about All Hell Breaking Out in Tennessee.

Egypt is the world's largest grain importer. Whoever takes over in Egypt will find instability for this reason. It is a shocking state of affairs that the land of the Nile where civilization began, can no longer feed itself and its population is booming. Muslims speak about this vast population growth, but the countries can not sustain such populations.

I see this in Malthus type terms. The USA, Israel, and Muslims will not be the issue soon enough. Muslims unable to feed themselves will bring major riots in many Muslim countries. It had to happen eventually as there are limits to growth. Everywhere in the free and Western civilization the birth rates are decreasing.

The classical economists who followed in the footsteps of Adam Smith did not enjoy his widespread popularity. Dubbed the "prophets of gloom and doom," they became associated with turning economic thought into a dismal science. Thomas Robert Malthus, in particular, became renown for his pessimistic predictions regarding the future of humanity. His major contribution to economic thought came in the essay "The Principles of Population." Originally, Malthus wrote the piece in response to Utopian utilitarians who suggested that population growth constituted an unmitigated blessing. Essentially, Malthus predicted that the demand for food inevitably becomes much greater than the supply of it. This prediction is rooted in the idea that population increases geometrically while foodstuffs grow at an arithmetic rate.

Click

Overpopulation, famine, pestilence and war continue to ravage the third world. These events constitute an unhappy vindication of many of Malthusian doctrine.

Egypt is the world's largest grain importer. Whoever takes over in Egypt will find instability for this reason. It is a shocking state of affairs that the land of the Nile where civilization began, can no longer feed itself and its population is booming. Muslims speak about this vast population growth, but the countries can not sustain such populations.

I see this in Malthus type terms. The USA, Israel, and Muslims will not be the issue soon enough. Muslims unable to feed themselves will bring major riots in many Muslim countries. It had to happen eventually as there are limits to growth. Everywhere in the free and Western civilization the birth rates are decreasing.

The classical economists who followed in the footsteps of Adam Smith did not enjoy his widespread popularity. Dubbed the "prophets of gloom and doom," they became associated with turning economic thought into a dismal science. Thomas Robert Malthus, in particular, became renown for his pessimistic predictions regarding the future of humanity. His major contribution to economic thought came in the essay "The Principles of Population." Originally, Malthus wrote the piece in response to Utopian utilitarians who suggested that population growth constituted an unmitigated blessing. Essentially, Malthus predicted that the demand for food inevitably becomes much greater than the supply of it. This prediction is rooted in the idea that population increases geometrically while foodstuffs grow at an arithmetic rate.

Click

Overpopulation, famine, pestilence and war continue to ravage the third world. These events constitute an unhappy vindication of many of Malthusian doctrine.

Now, now Ropey......let's not be the pessimist:

They do have Allah and the Prophet Mohammed on their side.

:razz:

Forum List

Back