All Hell Is Breaking Out in Egypt.

How would you explain the clerics suppression of the uprising in Iran a couple of years ago?

Iran is a Theocratic Autocracy that has blended the government with their own power bases. They are all one people culturally. Oh, there are a few Christians and Jews, Bahai, Kurds, etc. but the ~85% Shia are in control of that country. Yes, they have their divisions and issues with their minorities as well as Shia rifts, but you really don't see them blowing themselves or others up. They will pay you to blow yourself up around their enemies, but they're not going to blow themselves up. The Muslim Brotherhood look to that avenue, but I digress.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a "Twelver" who believes that they can hasten the end of times. They (Twelvers) work towards a nuclear military pile for that reason. To hasten their end of times.

Now at this time there is a pretty good battle with the Clerics and the Twelvers because the Twelvers wish to continue with the creation of a nuclear pile, and the Clerics are against this. A battle on, but the battle is muted since Stuxnet and other implementations have lengthened their time frame for the creation of a military nuclear pile. (~2015)

If Nejad wins this battle, and if the political cycle continues, then it will likely move into a dictatorship rather than a Democracy. There's nothing going on with unrest in Iran. Even when the 2009 "unrest" began it was brutally held down by the Basij security force and the Republican Guards along with the policing forces. No one knows how many of the six forces of Basij there are, but estimates are easily in the million plus range. These special groups contain with immunity when any battle is on and they have been picked for aggressiveness. These are all under Nejads control. The Republican Guard is the battle ground at the moment, but it is a years long battle. Look to the deaths in Iran for an idea of the momentum.

It's a die toss all around so when that is the case I go with momentum. What's moving at the moment.

Click

How would you explain the clerics suppression of the uprising in Iran a couple of years ago?

Iran is a Theocratic Autocracy that has blended the government with their own power bases. They are all one people culturally. Oh, there are a few Christians and Jews, Bahai, Kurds, etc. but the ~85% Shia are in control of that country. Yes, they have their divisions and issues with their minorities as well as Shia rifts, but you really don't see them blowing themselves or others up. They will pay you to blow yourself up around their enemies, but they're not going to blow themselves up. The Muslim Brotherhood look to that avenue, but I digress.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a "Twelver" who believes that they can hasten the end of times. They (Twelvers) work towards a nuclear military pile for that reason. To hasten their end of times.

Now at this time there is a pretty good battle with the Clerics and the Twelvers because the Twelvers wish to continue with the creation of a nuclear pile, and the Clerics are against this. A battle on, but the battle is muted since Stuxnet and other implementations have lengthened their time frame for the creation of a military nuclear pile. (~2015)

If Nejad wins this battle, and if the political cycle continues, then it will likely move into a dictatorship rather than a Democracy. There's nothing going on with unrest in Iran. Even when the 2009 "unrest" began it was brutally held down by the Basij security force and the Republican Guards along with the policing forces. No one knows how many of the six forces of Basij there are, but estimates are easily in the million plus range. These special groups contain with immunity when any battle is on and they have been picked for aggressiveness. These are all under Nejads control. The Republican Guard is the battle ground at the moment, but it is a years long battle. Look to the deaths in Iran for an idea of the momentum.

It's a die toss all around so when that is the case I go with momentum. What's moving at the moment.

Click

dude, being a twelver shia believer is not equal to being someone who wants to expedite the end of times.

that's ridiculous.

Click

dude, being a twelver shia believer is not equal to being someone who wants to expedite the end of times.

that's ridiculous.

Ropey's correct and nutjob is a 12er.

Click

that's ridiculous.

Ropey's correct and nutjob is a 12er.

of course ahmadinejad is a 12er, as are 90% of iran, as are the clerics.

so you missed the point, congrats.

that's ridiculous.

He's a twelver who believes that man can hasten the coming of the Mahdi. Not all twelvers believe that man can do this. Closer to 80% are twelvers though, not ninety percent.

anyway, anyone see this/ seems a bit over wrought to me...

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising

The American government secretly backed leading figures behind the Egyptian uprising who have been planning “regime change” for the past three years, The Daily Telegraph has learned.

The American Embassy in Cairo helped a young dissident attend a US-sponsored summit for activists in New York, while working to keep his identity secret from Egyptian state police.

On his return to Cairo in December 2008, the activist told US diplomats that an alliance of opposition groups had drawn up a plan to overthrow President Hosni Mubarak and install a democratic government in 2011.

The secret document in full

He has already been arrested by Egyptian security in connection with the demonstrations and his identity is being protected by The Daily Telegraph.

The crisis in Egypt follows the toppling of Tunisian president Zine al-Abedine Ben Ali, who fled the country after widespread protests forced him from office.

more at-

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising - Telegraph

I can see this possibility.

Obama is a bright man and who knows what he has been doing behind the scenes. Hillary is a great one to deliver, but she's delivering his stuff, not hers. He's the boss, let no one think otherwise.

Thanks for the update Trajan. Yes, who knows what the relationship will be indeed. I have always thought Wikileaks a good thing. I bet Obama does as well.

He most assuredly did not like the double talk and double treatment of the Saudi King.

Who knows what the winds of time shall bring?

Not many good choices made by the People of the Middle East. They just can't seem to get much right over there. They choose either oppressive autocratic regimes or deranged & oppressive theocratic regimes. Either way the People of the Middle East lose. It's pretty sad.

Last edited:
Well get ready, because thats what I predict is going to happen.

The Muslim Brotherhood

I think Wall St thinks that too - oil prices up, DOW is down. The shame of it is, they are protesting is because they are hungry and jobless. It is what happens when there is huge income disparity and no middle class. Makes me wonder what will happen in the US when the middle class is wiped out.

If their is riots like that in the US I'd bet they'll be much worse, cause a lot of people here are armed. I hope that doesn't happen, frankly every-time I see riots I always hear a bout how they rob people in the same situation as they are.

Well get ready, because thats what I predict is going to happen.

The Muslim Brotherhood

I think Wall St thinks that too - oil prices up, DOW is down. The shame of it is, they are protesting is because they are hungry and jobless. It is what happens when there is huge income disparity and no middle class. Makes me wonder what will happen in the US when the middle class is wiped out.

If their is riots like that in the US I'd bet they'll be much worse, cause a lot of people here are armed. I hope that doesn't happen, frankly every-time I see riots I always hear a bout how they rob people in the same situation as they are.

I t is hard to take a cab across town in a riot.

(if) when the elements that genuinely want a democracy have a sy in the forming of a gov. the next step may be, well what you see below.

Jordan's opposition: Arabs will topple tyrants

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - The leader of Jordan's powerful Muslim Brotherhood warned Saturday that unrest in Egypt will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States.

Hammam Saeed's comments were made at a protest outside the Egyptian Embassy in Amman, inspired by massive rallies in neighboring Egypt demanding the downfall of the country's longtime president, Hosni Mubarak.

About 100 members of the fundamentalist group and activists from other leftist organizations and trade unions chanted "Mubarak, step down" and "the decision is made, the people's revolt will remain."

Elsewhere, a separate group of 300 protesters gathered in front of the office of Jordanian Prime Minister Samir Rifai, demanding his ouster. "Rifai, it's time for you to go," chanted the group.

more at-

My Way News - Jordan's opposition: Arabs will topple tyrants

Except, 4,000 years ago they did not have the internet or social networking. 60 per cent of Egypt's population is under age 30 and this generation finally is not happy banging 2 rocks together for 2 bucks a day like their fathers.

And they know they can do better. But, who will lead them?

Except, 4,000 years ago they did not have the internet or social networking. 60 per cent of Egypt's population is under age 30 and this generation finally is not happy banging 2 rocks together for 2 bucks a day like their fathers.

That's the $64,000 question. I don't believe a democracy has ever followed a revolution in any mid-eastern country.

In Egypt you are either rich or poor, nothing else.

And its been that way for about 4,000 years.

Well, obviously having the internet has really screwed them up.

Damn Message Boards.:evil:

That's the $64,000 question. I don't believe a democracy has ever followed a revolution in any mid-eastern country.

I love history. I did not expect Obama to win. I saw the pattern of "Old White Guy" followed by another "Old White Guy" sometimes interspersed with a "Younger White Guy" but never did I expect a Black President of America in my lifetime.

I was prepared to see an "Old White Women" before a "Young Black Man".

A jump out of the blue, which enforces quick major changes on humanity. It happens with genetics and Darwin spoke of this effect in his treatise on the Evolution of Species.

Who knows what will happen? I don't fear for it as it is movement and the status quo of the arena is not sustainable. There needs to be an Arabian Peninsula Economic block if the people are to survive with the coming global climate change, etc. Already Dubai is shipping water in and worse is to come. Warfare is useless in the upcoming fight to feed and survive with the high degrees of population increases in the Arabian Peninsula, which could sustain the current populations far better than the status quo.

So, I am hopeful, not fearful.

Well, the Tree of Liberty doesn't thrive on manuer alone.

The USA has brought democracy to Iraq: Did anyone expect every other country in the region to sit by and watch and do NOTHING?

hummmm, are they truly mad they don't have a 'democracy'...? really? and define prop up? so we give money to Egypt. okay. do we give money to Jordan ( yes 204 million as of 2004 all I could find) and Saudi Arabia? Syria? No.

so lets say the people in oh Syria get pissed at assad....are they mad at us or mad that he hasn't done enough of the 'country'? ha SA bribed their people into just laying down? Has Assad just sat on his people hard enough?

Are many mad we give Israel money? yes on all counts.

Are there other correlations?

Forum List

Back