All Hell Is Breaking Out in Egypt.

Reason does not alway's prevail.

Overnight in Egypt, the government shut down the vast majority of Egypt's Internet service, only allowing a network used by the stock exchange and most banks to stay live. Text message services were shut down in an effort to disrupt protest organization and all cell phone service was ordered shut in select locations according to Vodafone, one of Egypt's two main cellphone companies. There were reports of hundreds of activists detained by the police.

Our correspondent Kristen Chick made her way through billowing clouds of tear gas and thousands of protesters to a Cairo landline to phone in a report this morning on what she's seeing. She says the protesters, many of whom are participating in a demonstration for the first time, are calling for the downfall of the regime and refuse to be beaten back. You can read it here:

Egyptians flood the streets, defying police and calling for regime change

Reporters in Cairo said waves of baltageya, plain-clothes thugs allied with state security, were unleashed on the streets. CNN's Ben Wedeman reported on his twitter feed watching a car load of baseball bats being brought into the grounds of the government TV building (some people are still getting internet access via cellphones registered in foreign countries).

There were tens of thousands of protesters, at least, on the streets of Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt's second largest city. Al Jazeera reported that democracy figurehead and Nobel Prize winner Mohamed ElBaradei was detained by police, but Al Arabiya was reporting that he and supporters in Cairo were simply penned in by riot police near the mosque in Cairo where they had attended noon prayers.

Egypt shuts down Internet, rounds up opposition leaders as protests start - CSMonitor.com

Mubarrak going to make an announcement soon. Exciting times................I just hope this does not pave the way for the Northern African states leadership to be replaced with whack job Islamic regimes.

Mubarrak going to make an announcement soon. Exciting times................I just hope this does not pave the way for the Northern African states leadership to be replaced with whack job Islamic regimes.

isn't Egypt in Northern Africa? Why yes,, methinks it is.

Last edited:
My question is why is the United States supporting this dictator Mubarak?. This is what happens
to dictators who want to hang on to power for 30 years. He should have stepped down a long time ago.
Do these arab leaders know what term limits are.?
America should not support dictatorship governments.

My question is why is the United States supporting this dictator Mubarak?. This is what happens
to dictators who want to hang on to power for 30 years. He should have stepped down a long time ago.

The US supported Mubarak because he kept the peace with Israel, they offered money and he took it.

The US supported Mubarak because he kept the peace with Israel, they offered money and he took it.

More and more..you show how really damned smart you are with these posts.

:clap2: Grats!

Says the dumb dude who was all for the steak state dinner and the big red chinese dress in the wh last week.. wwwweeee weeee weeee all the way home. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

More and more..you show how really damned smart you are with these posts.

:clap2: Grats!

Thanks man I appreciate that.

Sadly though i believe that will be the case.

Hes probably going to declare a state of emergency, Syria has been in a state of emergency for decades, it gives them the excuse to put down the uprising and have the Military and the Police on the streets 24/7.

Hes probably going to declare a state of emergency, Syria has been in a state of emergency for decades, it gives them the excuse to put down the uprising and have the Military and the Police on the streets 24/7.

Maybe. History would agree with you. (Iran, Syria, and Zimbabwe).

But it could go down like Tunisia..although that's doubtful. I am hoping for a middle ground where there is a peaceful, and slow, transition from Mubarak to something far more Democratic and secular.

state of emergeny is in place since the assassination of sadat.

and a long time before that, too.

there was only a short break.

Maybe. History would agree with you. (Iran, Syria, and Zimbabwe).

But it could go down like Tunisia..although that's doubtful. I am hoping for a middle ground where there is a peaceful, and slow, transition from Mubarak to something far more Democratic and secular.

Egypt has much better riot police and Military than Tunisia, so for Egypt to fall the opposition will have to kick up way more dust than what happened in Tunis.

Well get ready, because thats what I predict is going to happen.

The Muslim Brotherhood :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back