ALL Government Policies & Candidates Need Reform

A Congress person can retire on near full salary after only "serving" as little as 3 years. I don't know the exact figures, but if you care you can find them, MAYBE.

Outright lie...like the rest of your posts

This is really ridiculous. Sounds like you are looking for a benevolent dictator to straighten everything out.

Something can be learned from the debacle of our so-called SS System, which is neither Social, nor a System. In the beginning it used states as the basis for issuing card numbers. Certainly, there were state considerations in number assignments and in other things.

Of course when we adopted the SS System we had a stronger state's rights system, and likely deference was given to that despite FDRs commie Fed lover advisors. After all, before the 1920s immigration was substantially a state function not a federal one.

Like in so many other things, power has been stripped from the states by one pretext and device or another, I think to our general detriment. Sometimes Fed intervention is required, like building the Interstates which the states likely could never have done.

But in most cases the Feds have done a worse job, glaringly in education, for example, in labor relations, and a bunch of other areas. Yes, to the Fed going to the moon, but not so in much else. If the Fed used their power properly then it would be different, but we have just seen no evidence of that.

We either need to somehow (by a really conservative reform government) get a very high level of performance from the Fed, OR we need to devolve a whole bunch of stuff back to the States and to the private sector. This oil spill is likely a case in point. Exactly how much authority have the states retained regarding safety off shore. probably about none.

Civil Service, among other sacred cows, has turned out to be a bad investment. It is neither Civil nor of much Service and should be abolished along with unions in any job other than private profit making corporations. Unions exist to help workers get a share of the profits, but in government and non-profits there are NO profits to share and hence there should be NO unions at all allowed.
Abolish civil service. So you would have all government jobs filled by political appointments?
Abolish labor unions. Collective bargaining would be forbidden?

So we would have politicians run on a platform to abolish civil service, unions, social security, and medicare? As I said, you are looking for dictator.

No, I'm looking for the people to get the leadership they need to dictate to, and crush, the special interests, and indeed all the interests, period, and rule in the public and national interest.

Practically everyone on this forum is very narrow minded, and ill-informed. Thus we have a clatter of voices yelling at each other without any understanding of anything. Sadly, that is the condition of most people through most of history.

The Germans went from the one extreme of the failed Wiemar Republic to the failed policies of Hitler, and no one could tell any of them that both extremes were failures that needed to be corrected, and both regimes were equally evil.

We have the same thing here today. The left and right do nothing but point fingers at each other without any understanding of the actual situation that they are yelling about.

We don't need un-controlled business, and we don't need controlled business, we need something in between where business has rules to follow in the national interest, (as do everyone) and then are left to do what they know best how to do.

We can't have business, or anyone, polluting our water, air and soil, but we can't have government managing our farms and factories either. But neither Democrats nor Republicans seem to be able to understand this.

Republicans want to let chemical companies make ever more dangerous poisons (80,000 so far, and adding 3000 new ones every year) that are killing all of us by degrees, all of them which can be found in all our bodies, while Democrats want the government to run all business like in the former USSR. Then note this, that the government has been proved to be the biggest polluter of all, so go figure that one.

We need something like a national council of the nation that can make decisions that favor no particular side. The Senate was designed to be that by the Founders, but even they could not deal with slavery and the Civil War ensued, and since then we have ruined the Senate even more, making it nothing but a carbon copy of the House.

This is one reason Monarchy has been favored in history as it creates a single person beholden to no one who can knock heads together and look out for the national interest. Our President should do this, but just about none do.

Obama had a chance to be President for all of us, instead he decided to be a pimp for Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and the radical wing of the Democrat Party. Now he is toast.

Reagan came closest to being a President of ALL the people, and that is what we need. I favor Sarah being our best hope for a President of ALL the people who rules in the Public Interest.

Last edited:
A Congress person can retire on near full salary after only "serving" as little as 3 years. I don't know the exact figures, but if you care you can find them, MAYBE.

Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Members of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.
US Congress Salaries and Benefits – Salaries and Benefits of US Congress Members

Something can be learned from the debacle of our so-called SS System, which is neither Social, nor a System. In the beginning it used states as the basis for issuing card numbers. Certainly, there were state considerations in number assignments and in other things.

Of course when we adopted the SS System we had a stronger state's rights system, and likely deference was given to that despite FDRs commie Fed lover advisors. After all, before the 1920s immigration was substantially a state function not a federal one.

Like in so many other things, power has been stripped from the states by one pretext and device or another, I think to our general detriment. Sometimes Fed intervention is required, like building the Interstates which the states likely could never have done.

But in most cases the Feds have done a worse job, glaringly in education, for example, in labor relations, and a bunch of other areas. Yes, to the Fed going to the moon, but not so in much else. If the Fed used their power properly then it would be different, but we have just seen no evidence of that.

We either need to somehow (by a really conservative reform government) get a very high level of performance from the Fed, OR we need to devolve a whole bunch of stuff back to the States and to the private sector. This oil spill is likely a case in point. Exactly how much authority have the states retained regarding safety off shore. probably about none.

Civil Service, among other sacred cows, has turned out to be a bad investment. It is neither Civil nor of much Service and should be abolished along with unions in any job other than private profit making corporations. Unions exist to help workers get a share of the profits, but in government and non-profits there are NO profits to share and hence there should be NO unions at all allowed.
Abolish civil service. So you would have all government jobs filled by political appointments?

So we would have politicians run on a platform to abolish civil service, unions, social security, and medicare? As I said, you are looking for dictator.

No, I'm looking for the people to get the leadership they need to dictate to, and crush, the special interests, and indeed all the interests, period, and rule in the public and national interest.
With 58 million people receiving social security, 2 million government workers under civil service and 14 million in labor unions, just who is going to vote for a candidate that would abolish Social Security, Medicare, federal civil service, and labor unions. Only 122 million voted in the last election. It is virtually impossible to accomplish what you propose through the election process.

This thread still hasn't found its way to conspiracy theories yet?

is very narrow minded, and ill-informed

So, let me get this straight...

Anybody who disagrees with you is Narrow Minded and Ill-informed? Damn, someone is narcissistic.. Is your Opinion always right? Let me rephrase that.. Is your Opinion always considered Fact?

Hell, I disagree with some Liberals and a small Percentage of Conservatives, but I don't go around telling them they're narrow minded.. ..only a small percentage, but those are the Hacks, so that's a given..

If you were actually capable of Debating without putting people down and calling them names then you wouldn't have a Neg Rep Power.. That's a Fact..

This is one reason Monarchy has been favored in history as it creates a single person beholden to no one who can knock heads together and look out for the national interest. Our President should do this, but just about none do.

Wait, em I reading this right?

You're actually Favoring Monarchy?

Monarchy had it's time.. Most Countries in Europe have a Constitutional Monarchy.. For Example, both my Nationalities have a Constitutional Monarchy (Spain & Holland), and the only thing they're really in charge is the Military and Diplomatic Relations.

With 58 million people receiving social security, 2 million government workers under civil service and 14 million in labor unions, just who is going to vote for a candidate that would abolish Social Security, Medicare, federal civil service, and labor unions. Only 122 million voted in the last election. It is virtually impossible to accomplish what you propose through the election process.

If you are a good person, you don't sit around thinking of ways that doing the right thing might not work. Your attitude is weak, and it loses.

The political process is a complex thing and it may take a round-about way to get to where we need to be, but it can be done. You need the courage to do what is right even if it looks like it will not work. Weak sisters need not apply for leadership, and that is what we need first of all.

I support Sarah because she is the only MAN, so far, in either party that is running for President. So, I'm going with the best leadership that God is offering us.

And if you are not a Conservative Republican Believer then you are wasting your time talking to me, for that is the only type people I have any interest in talking to. Just remember Reagan was a Democrat labor leader till he was 40 before he woke up and smelled the coffee and became a Conservative Republican Believer.

Members of Congress are not eligible for a pension until they reach the age of 50, but only if they've completed 20 years of service. Members are eligible at any age after completing 25 years of service or after they reach the age of 62. Please also note that Members of Congress have to serve at least 5 years to even receive a pension.
US Congress Salaries and Benefits – Salaries and Benefits of US Congress Members

You seem to make my point that after 5 years they get a pension. That was my point. You could also find out what that pension would amount to. You would be surprised. After a mere 5 years at age 62 every one of them get a full pension which is close to a hundred thousand a year. They play some games with different years. But for most of our history there was no such thing as a pension for Congress. Go to to Wiki and just read what they say on the subject. The whole thing is a criminal scandal and scam and needs to totally be put an end to. It is the font head of our corrupt government run by criminals and a good place to begin deconstructing the racket.

Last edited:

We don't need leadership to dictate anything. We are free. We make our own choices. We need to step up and start governing ourselves. Then DC will lose power.

If you are a good person, you don't sit around thinking of ways that doing the right thing might not work. Your attitude is weak, and it loses.

The political process is a complex thing and it may take a round-about way to get to where we need to be, but it can be done. You need the courage to do what is right even if it looks like it will not work. Weak sisters need not apply for leadership, and that is what we need first of all.

I support Sarah because she is the only MAN, so far, in either party that is running for President. So, I'm going with the best leadership that God is offering us.

And if you are not a Conservative Republican Believer then you are wasting your time talking to me, for that is the only type people I have any interest in talking to. Just remember Reagan was a Democrat labor leader till he was 40 before he woke up and smelled the coffee and became a Conservative Republican Believer.
I am open to listening to opposing ideas, however I agree it is a waste of time continuing any further discussion on this subject. It is obvious that your mind is closed.

Minds are like parachutes — they only function when open.’
Thomas Dewar

We don't need leadership to dictate anything. We are free. We make our own choices. We need to step up and start governing ourselves. Then DC will lose power.

Nobody but a fool talks about "governing himself." We are all part of other people, and we do need leaders or we will fall in the ditch and tear each other apart. No sane world is based on, "every man for himself." You sound like a crazy anarchist who despises ALL authority. That is a totally discredited idea as well as sociopathic.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back