"All Children Are Gifted" another load of crap shoveled by the Left.

All children are NOT gifted. Sorry Mom and Dad but the majority of kids are average, and capable of achievement only if they apply themselves. That's just the way it is, but for some reason over the Left pushes this nonsense that all children are gifted, and it is up to the teachers to unlock their gifts. And if they don't I suppose it's the failure of the teacher, the school, the government or Donald Trump or Russia or who knows. Anything but admitting your kid is just part of that wide swath of average intelligence and limited talent. The problem is if you do not face that reality, you are setting your child up for colossal failure in adult life. The earlier you recognize your kid is not the next Elon Musk the earlier you can put him or her on a different track where they can be successful.

Average kids are the result of below average parents holding them back with just this type of loser thinking.
Like you.

Nonsense. 'All children are gifted' is akin to claiming all children have athletic skills. Kids are different with vastly different levels of ability. I believe it is being pushed mainly to keep the pipeline to colleges filled with applicants, whether or not they are qualified.
Only an idiot would think saying all kids are gifted means they all have the exact same specific skill sets. All kids are gifted specifically because they each bring some specific gift to the table. For instance my 4 girls are all gifted but their strengths lie in different areas. All are highly intelligent but that intelligence manifests itself in different ways.
Maybe you have 4 gifted girls. Just like I have two gifted sons. Have you considered yours or my personal experience does not extrapolate to every kid? I have news for you. It doesn't.
Lol!!

Thinks his kids are gifted but not the next guys.

You guys are hilarious!
Evidence, my friend. Oldest son graduated Cum Laude in math and working as a systems engineer. Youngest son top of his class in Aerospace Engineering.

So your youngest son is taller than everyone? :D

Or, does he always sit in the back row of an amphitheater style classroom?
clear.png
:)
Stupid comment. He has a 4.0 average. Did you understand that?

Only an idiot would think saying all kids are gifted means they all have the exact same specific skill sets. All kids are gifted specifically because they each bring some specific gift to the table. For instance my 4 girls are all gifted but their strengths lie in different areas. All are highly intelligent but that intelligence manifests itself in different ways.
Maybe you have 4 gifted girls. Just like I have two gifted sons. Have you considered yours or my personal experience does not extrapolate to every kid? I have news for you. It doesn't.
Lol!!

Thinks his kids are gifted but not the next guys.

You guys are hilarious!
Evidence, my friend. Oldest son graduated Cum Laude in math and working as a systems engineer. Youngest son top of his class in Aerospace Engineering.

So your youngest son is taller than everyone? :D

Or, does he always sit in the back row of an amphitheater style classroom?
clear.png
:)
Stupid comment. He has a 4.0 average. Did you understand that?

Stupid comments for stupid people. Your bragging is a bit much! I was trying to use a little humor to point out how big of an arrogant prick you are coming across as!

All children are NOT gifted. Sorry Mom and Dad but the majority of kids are average, and capable of achievement only if they apply themselves. That's just the way it is, but for some reason over the Left pushes this nonsense that all children are gifted, and it is up to the teachers to unlock their gifts. And if they don't I suppose it's the failure of the teacher, the school, the government or Donald Trump or Russia or who knows. Anything but admitting your kid is just part of that wide swath of average intelligence and limited talent. The problem is if you do not face that reality, you are setting your child up for colossal failure in adult life. The earlier you recognize your kid is not the next Elon Musk the earlier you can put him or her on a different track where they can be successful.

Average kids are the result of below average parents holding them back with just this type of loser thinking.
Like you.
My children are all gifted exceptional beings. That means I was way above average and not a loser and monkey like you.

Nonsense. 'All children are gifted' is akin to claiming all children have athletic skills. Kids are different with vastly different levels of ability. I believe it is being pushed mainly to keep the pipeline to colleges filled with applicants, whether or not they are qualified.
I work with kids. I have yet to meet one thats not gifted. I dont know the count but I've been working with them for over 15 years. Surely I would have met just one average kid by now.
You must have a much broader definition of the term "gifted" than I do. Are you trying to tell me in 15 years you have not worked with an average kid? Give me a break that's ridiculous.
I would define gifted as having an exceptional talent.
I'm not trying to tell you...I am telling you. Its only ridiculous if you dont have the intelligence to see the giftedness of all children.

well....I've been teaching for 24 years. I have certainly seen a LOT of "average" children, you bet. But then, average children (and people) make the world go 'round. Many, many people are average, in fact. But all humans are unique, even if they are average.

Very, very few people are actually what we might call "gifted". That's my two cents anyway.

By definition most people are average

Statistically half of all people fall below the 50th percentile

So no all children are not gifted

I work with kids. I have yet to meet one thats not gifted. I dont know the count but I've been working with them for over 15 years. Surely I would have met just one average kid by now.
You must have a much broader definition of the term "gifted" than I do. Are you trying to tell me in 15 years you have not worked with an average kid? Give me a break that's ridiculous.
I'm not trying to tell you...I am telling you. Its only ridiculous if you dont have the intelligence to see the giftedness of all children.

well....I've been teaching for 24 years. I have certainly seen a LOT of "average" children, you bet. But then, average children (and people) make the world go 'round. Many, many people are average, in fact. But all humans are unique, even if they are average.

Very, very few people are actually what we might call "gifted". That's my two cents anyway.
Sounds like you are jaded. I know quite a few teachers in my family and from my wife's family and they all are continually amazed at how each child has their own gift. Of course all people are unique but I am talking about gifted. People, children are only average if they spend too much time around below average people. Once the limits are taken off and expectations are raised they continually excel. I taught my children how to do Algebra before they even went to school. It was easy for them to pick up for the simple fact no one had polluted their brains with all the negative.

By what definition? Who told you that? More importantly why did you believe it and allow it to hold you back?

Never held me back

Life is a continuum and there is no spot on that continuum that is vacant

You really think every single person on this planet is gifted be it with intelligence, beauty, strength or any other quality?

If you do, you are not only naive but stupid

By what definition? Who told you that? More importantly why did you believe it and allow it to hold you back?

Never held me back

You really think every single person on this planet is gifted be it with intelligence, beauty, strength or any other quality?

Obviously you left out the last and factually correct option. I am in a place you can only in your wildest dreams hope of elevating to. How do I know this? You cant even remember who told you that you were average. Yours is a lifetime spending time around below average people.

Sounds like you are jaded. I know quite a few teachers in my family and from my wife's family and they all are continually amazed at how each child has their own gift. Of course all people are unique but I am talking about gifted. People, children are only average if they spend too much time around below average people. ....

If there are many below average people around to negatively influence your dear geniuses, then your theory of everyone being above average defeats itself.

Sounds like you are jaded. I know quite a few teachers in my family and from my wife's family and they all are continually amazed at how each child has their own gift. Of course all people are unique but I am talking about gifted. People, children are only average if they spend too much time around below average people. ....

If there are many below average people around to negatively influence your dear geniuses, then your theory of everyone being above average defeats itself.
I dont allow below average people such as yourself to penetrate my inner circle. It takes intelligence to see human potential. Thats something that below average adults lack.

Never held me back

Obviously you left out the last and factually correct option. I am in a place you can only in your wildest dreams hope of elevating to. How do I know this? You cant even remember who told you that you were average. Yours is a lifetime spending time around below average people.

I have never been average. Unlike you

If all children are gifted then how come most of them will end up being work a day wage slaves ?

Never held me back

You simply lack the self awareness to understand you are below average. You proved you are below average when you made the claim that by definition most people were average. Only a below average person would let this type of erroneous thinking find a foot hold in their brain.

Never held me back

You simply lack the self awareness to understand you are below average. You proved you are below average when you made the claim that by definition most people were average. Only a below average person would let this type of erroneous thinking find a foot hold in their brain.

no only average and below average people think everyone is gifted

People who believe everyone is gifted are responsible for the participation trophy

Never held me back

no only average and below average people think everyone is gifted

People who believe everyone is gifted are responsible for the participation trophy
I'm way above average and I know most children are gifted.

People that believe all children are not gifted are responsible for below average adults.

Forum List

Back