Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
third news conference in a week.

Obama: Change comes from me - First Read - msnbc.com

OBAMA: CHANGE COMES FROM ME
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:56 PM by Carrie Dann
Filed Under: 2008, Obama WH Transition

From NBC's Athena Jones
CHICAGO -- In response to criticism that he is departing from his promise to bring change to Washington because several members of his economic team were Beltway insiders, Barack Obama said today that his team would combine experience with fresh thinking and his own vision for change.

"Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," he told reporters at his third press conference in as many days. "It comes from me. That's my job, is to provide a vision in terms of where we are going, and to make sure, then, that my team is implementing."

He also called the government’s latest attempt to help ease lending with $800 billion in new lending programs a “positive sign.”

Obama made the comments on the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday in what was his third press conference this week - and the fourth since being elected. With the economic crisis dominating the front pages, Obama has used each day this week to announce members of his economic team, a sign that managing the economy would be a top priority in his first days in office....

hubris - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

hubris
One entry found.

Main Entry:
hu·bris
Pronunciation:
\ˈhyü-brəs\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Greek hybris
Date:
: exaggerated pride or self-confidence
— hu·bris·tic \hyü-ˈbris-tik\ adjective

Wasn't he a member of Congress awhile back? :eusa_shhh:

puleeze...

getting boring... seriously.

the president is supposed to set the agenda and is supposed to be the smart person in the room. you've just forgotten that after the sickening display of the last 8 years.

puleeze...

the president is supposed to set the agenda and is supposed to be the smart person in the room. you've just forgotten that after the sickening display of the last 8 years.

We once again disagree, I know, absolutely shocking! On the other hand, I'm thankful to know you and all the opposition!

third news conference in a week.

Obama: Change comes from me - First Read - msnbc.com

Wasn't he a member of Congress awhile back? :eusa_shhh:

That's weird. You don't think a President should be a strong, in-charge leader who sets the agenda and makes sure people he hires gets shit done the way he wants?

Given the record of the man you voted for twice - Katrina, Iraq, Financial meltdown - I'm not surprised you favor incurious, intellectually challenged, and out of touch presidents.

That's weird. You don't think a President should be a strong, in-charge leader who sets the agenda and makes sure people he hires gets shit done the way he wants?

Given the record of the man you voted for twice - Katrina, Iraq, Financial meltdown - I'm not surprised you favor incurious, intellectually challenged, and out of touch presidents.
gee, can you possibly be more moronic?

"All Change Comes From Me"

All+change.bmp

A wise person once said a long time ago:
Negative change happens overnight, positive change can take decades.

A wise person once said to me a long time ago:

If you have no faith in your predictions, place them far enough in the future that you're sure to be dead. :D

.​

Last edited:
puleeze...

Well your correct. However, that is not what is wrong with his comments.

His speeches are well documented, since you and others have seemed to forget the many grand words throughout the long race, let me remind you of this. He not just promised change, but, he in fact got specific at times in terms of who he would make part of his team and so on. Well he has not done that and when called on it, this is his response. In other words, Obama changes his mind yet again, changes the meaning of his words yet again. That is the problem. Good luck with it. :clap2:

Well your correct. However, that is not what is wrong with his comments.

His speeches are well documented, since you and others have seemed to forget the many grand words throughout the long race, let me remind you of this. He not just promised change, but, he in fact got specific at times in terms of who he would make part of his team and so on. Well he has not done that and when called on it, this is his response. In other words, Obama changes his mind yet again, changes the meaning of his words yet again. That is the problem. Good luck with it. :clap2:
well, that IS change, The One changed his mind
;)

Forum List

Back