All Black People Look Alike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rayboyusmc, Apr 8, 2008.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Some Republican today pushing McCain (Vets check out how many vet bills he has vetoed) said to the group,

"You can have your Tiger Woods, we have John McCain."

I guess it's my liberal sensitivities.:cuckoo:

2. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    http://opovet.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccains-voting-record-on-troops-and.html

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    The guy was Former Army Staff Sergeant David Bellavia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/08/mccain-speaker-have-your_n_95665.html

But you know how it is, one multiracial black person is the same as any other.... and they all look alike anyway, right? :cuckoo:

but i read a comment that I loved on that subject...

the person said "cool. we have tiger woods. they have archie bunker".

I thought that was great.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    This the BEST you lefties got?:rofl:

Speaking of emoticons ... I need to get the "Lame" one back .... this thread SO resembles it.:eusa_eh:

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Interesting ... I guess the little SOB didn't compare Barack Obama to Tiger Woods for racial reasons. My bad...

I guess it was because Obama is going to keep winning like Tiger?

That must be it.... :eusa_dance:

6. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    And we all know what an extremely low threshold you liberals have set those sensitivities -which frankly, finding offense, whether intended or not, seems to be the sole purpose of many liberals' existence from what I can see. I try to save my feelings of offense and outrage for those times when someone actually intends to be offensive. But then, that makes my life a whole lot more pleasant and far less confrontational. But it certainly helps explain why every year polls show liberals are the most dissatisfied and most unhappy with their lives -and conservatives are the happiest.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Who cares? I guess I should suppose this is factual evidence that McCain is a racist, right? Because that's the sole purpose of this thread ... to once again make some ignorant, partisan claim that rightwingers are racists.

Shall I quote Jeremiah Wright? Or are there enough threads on the board you could find them on your own?

One idiot with a big mouth and and ignorant mind who in no way represents officially anyone official on the right. Idiots exist. Personally, I don't see the difference between this idiot's ignorant, blind statement and the person who initiated this post or anyone that agrees with him. it ALL amounts to extremism.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Damn ... you know the Col personally, do you?:eusa_whistle:

9. frazzledgear

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Let me make sure I understand this. It is an insult to compare someone in politics to Tiger Woods? Or is it an insult that someone didn't pretend not to notice that Obama is black? Or is it an insult to compare one black to another highly successful black? Or is it an insult to compare a black politican with a highly successful non-politician black. Or is it an insult to just compare a politician with a successful non-politician or what? I don't get it.

While you were busy raising your hackles, sniffing around for the least comment that might even POSSIBLY hint at some kind of racial slur -I had a hard time figuring out how this person INTENDED to make a racially offensive comment. And here I thought making INSULTING comparisons was what would be an intentionally offensive comment. I understand how a delicate flower of a liberal can see offense even when not intended -but I see no racial slur or insult here. I guess if someone compares a white politician to a successful, but non-politician white, why that must an awful insult too. If not, then you don't hold people to the same standard, do you? You liberals need to keep everyone else informed on the new PC etiquette here.

Had he compared Obama to some black felon or some black scam artist -I could see the offense there. But to compare him to another highly successful black? The only thing I can see is the fact the guy didn't pretend not to notice he was black and compared him to a highly successful black instead of some non-politician white person - is what you actually found most offensive.

Seriously -haven't you got anything better to do than look for this kind of thing? If I were running for President and the worst thing said about me was some kind of comparison with a highly successful person of my race and gender -I wouldn't waste 10 seconds trying to figure out how to take offense at that.

Now compare that to the nonstop comments for years now about how stupid Bush supposedly is. The guy has two advanced degrees, one from Harvard and one from Yale -scored 1206 on the SATs compared to Kerry's 1190, got better grades on the college level than either Gore or Kerry. Gore actually flunked out of one college and Kerry's highest grade in college was in FRENCH (doesn't it figure). But Bush is the one liberals insist nonstop is the stupid one?

You younger liberals haven't caught on apparently -but insisting the Republican candidate or Republican President is stupid -is nothing new or unique to this Bush. I have had to hear that (and worse) every time a Republican takes the White House -without exception. Only a liberal would believe that a stupid Republican can still beat a "far more intelligent" Democrat, right? Must be because liberals think people in general are pretty stupid then, right?

Sheesh -if you are going to call the Republican stupid in what certainly appears to be the same tired stunt for several decades now -then don't put up someone against him who flunked out of college and another whose single highest grade in college was in FRENCH -please. Makes it hard to take seriously the people who rant, rave and foam at the mouth about how stupid the Republican is. But then I've never understood one trait of liberals. They really do seem to think if someone is a gifted speaker -that somehow equals a superior intelligence. LOL I tend to look for far more substance myself. But that's me.

10. frazzledgear

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    No -but I realize the error of my ways. I assure you that from now on if someone ever compares me to a successful person of my same race and gender -I should be really pissed off about it. Thanks to Rayboy for the heads up on that. :rolleyes: