All Black People Look Alike

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Some Republican today pushing McCain (Vets check out how many vet bills he has vetoed) said to the group,

"You can have your Tiger Woods, we have John McCain."

I guess it's my liberal sensitivities.:cuckoo:

http://opovet.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccains-voting-record-on-troops-and.html

August 2001 -- McCain votes against increasing the amount of cash available for veterans' medical care

March 2004 -- McCain votes against creating a reserve fund for veterans' medical care

March 2006 -- McCain votes against increasing veterans' medical services funding

May 2006 -- McCain votes against additional funding to the VA for health care facilities

September 2007 -- McCain votes against the Webb Amendment, which would have provided for adequate periods of rest between deployments to Iraq
There are many other examples -- I just picked out some of the juiciest.

Note that these are his actual votes. Talk's cheap, and Grampaw can say anything he wants to try to seduce America's veterans into voting for him in November, but it's going to be pretty hard for him to run away from his record.

And this is why Farnsworth always says, "a veteran voting for John McCain is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."

This the BEST you lefties got?:rofl:

Speaking of emoticons ... I need to get the "Lame" one back .... this thread SO resembles it.:eusa_eh:

Interesting ... I guess the little SOB didn't compare Barack Obama to Tiger Woods for racial reasons. My bad...

I guess it was because Obama is going to keep winning like Tiger?

That must be it.... :eusa_dance:

Some Republican today pushing McCain (Vets check out how many vet bills he has vetoed) said to the group,

"You can have your Tiger Woods, we have John McCain."

I guess it's my liberal sensitivities.:cuckoo:

And we all know what an extremely low threshold you liberals have set those sensitivities -which frankly, finding offense, whether intended or not, seems to be the sole purpose of many liberals' existence from what I can see. I try to save my feelings of offense and outrage for those times when someone actually intends to be offensive. But then, that makes my life a whole lot more pleasant and far less confrontational. But it certainly helps explain why every year polls show liberals are the most dissatisfied and most unhappy with their lives -and conservatives are the happiest.

Interesting ... I guess the little SOB didn't compare Barack Obama to Tiger Woods for racial reasons. My bad...

Who cares? I guess I should suppose this is factual evidence that McCain is a racist, right? Because that's the sole purpose of this thread ... to once again make some ignorant, partisan claim that rightwingers are racists.

Shall I quote Jeremiah Wright? Or are there enough threads on the board you could find them on your own?

One idiot with a big mouth and and ignorant mind who in no way represents officially anyone official on the right. Idiots exist. Personally, I don't see the difference between this idiot's ignorant, blind statement and the person who initiated this post or anyone that agrees with him. it ALL amounts to extremism.

And we all know what an extremely low threshold you liberals have set those sensitivities -which frankly, finding offense, whether intended or not, seems to be the sole purpose of many liberals' existence from what I can see. I try to save my feelings of offense and outrage for those times when someone actually intends to be offensive. But then, that makes my life a whole lot more pleasant and far less confrontation. But it certainly helps explain why every year polls show liberals are the most dissatisfied and most unhappy with their lives -and conservatives are the happiest.

Damn ... you know the Col personally, do you?:eusa_whistle:

Let me make sure I understand this. It is an insult to compare someone in politics to Tiger Woods? Or is it an insult that someone didn't pretend not to notice that Obama is black? Or is it an insult to compare one black to another highly successful black? Or is it an insult to compare a black politican with a highly successful non-politician black. Or is it an insult to just compare a politician with a successful non-politician or what? I don't get it.

While you were busy raising your hackles, sniffing around for the least comment that might even POSSIBLY hint at some kind of racial slur -I had a hard time figuring out how this person INTENDED to make a racially offensive comment. And here I thought making INSULTING comparisons was what would be an intentionally offensive comment. I understand how a delicate flower of a liberal can see offense even when not intended -but I see no racial slur or insult here. I guess if someone compares a white politician to a successful, but non-politician white, why that must an awful insult too. If not, then you don't hold people to the same standard, do you? You liberals need to keep everyone else informed on the new PC etiquette here.

Had he compared Obama to some black felon or some black scam artist -I could see the offense there. But to compare him to another highly successful black? The only thing I can see is the fact the guy didn't pretend not to notice he was black and compared him to a highly successful black instead of some non-politician white person - is what you actually found most offensive.

Seriously -haven't you got anything better to do than look for this kind of thing? If I were running for President and the worst thing said about me was some kind of comparison with a highly successful person of my race and gender -I wouldn't waste 10 seconds trying to figure out how to take offense at that.

Now compare that to the nonstop comments for years now about how stupid Bush supposedly is. The guy has two advanced degrees, one from Harvard and one from Yale -scored 1206 on the SATs compared to Kerry's 1190, got better grades on the college level than either Gore or Kerry. Gore actually flunked out of one college and Kerry's highest grade in college was in FRENCH (doesn't it figure). But Bush is the one liberals insist nonstop is the stupid one?

You younger liberals haven't caught on apparently -but insisting the Republican candidate or Republican President is stupid -is nothing new or unique to this Bush. I have had to hear that (and worse) every time a Republican takes the White House -without exception. Only a liberal would believe that a stupid Republican can still beat a "far more intelligent" Democrat, right? Must be because liberals think people in general are pretty stupid then, right?

Sheesh -if you are going to call the Republican stupid in what certainly appears to be the same tired stunt for several decades now -then don't put up someone against him who flunked out of college and another whose single highest grade in college was in FRENCH -please. Makes it hard to take seriously the people who rant, rave and foam at the mouth about how stupid the Republican is. But then I've never understood one trait of liberals. They really do seem to think if someone is a gifted speaker -that somehow equals a superior intelligence. LOL I tend to look for far more substance myself. But that's me.

Damn ... you know the Col personally, do you?:eusa_whistle:

No -but I realize the error of my ways. I assure you that from now on if someone ever compares me to a successful person of my same race and gender -I should be really pissed off about it. Thanks to Rayboy for the heads up on that. :rolleyes:

Who cares? I guess I should suppose this is factual evidence that McCain is a racist, right? Because that's the sole purpose of this thread ... to once again make some ignorant, partisan claim that rightwingers are racists.

Shall I quote Jeremiah Wright? Or are there enough threads on the board you could find them on your own?

One idiot with a big mouth and and ignorant mind who in no way represents officially anyone official on the right. Idiots exist. Personally, I don't see the difference between this idiot's ignorant, blind statement and the person who initiated this post or anyone that agrees with him. it ALL amounts to extremism.

I don't recall you writing that there's no reason for the Rev. Wright threads. Did I miss it? When Obama or hillary's people make comments, there are 10 threads talking about it as you observed....

In fact, I just saw a thread that you put up that was all put out that Jay Rockefeller said something mean about McCain.

This type of thing is becoming endemic in McCain's campaign. It dosn't make HIM a racist, but he's got to get his house in order... LIKE ANYONE ELSE.

Aren't you all real big on people and the company they keep?

*Edit* I'd also point out that Obama isn't using rev wright to introduce him at campaign stops. McCain is using these yahoos to represent him.

I don't recall you writing that there's no reason for the Rev. Wright threads. Did I miss it? When Obama or hillary's people make comments, there are 10 threads talking about it as you observed....

In fact, I just saw a thread that you put up that was all put out that Jay Rockefeller said something mean about McCain.

This type of thing is becoming endemic in McCain's campaign. It dosn't make HIM a racist, but he's got to get his house in order... LIKE ANYONE ELSE.

Aren't you all real big on people and the company they keep?

Completely irrelevant comparison. Obama has attended Wright's church for 20+ years and calls Wright his friend.

Does McCain even KNOW this guy you're making such a big deal about? Not that I or anyone else is aware of. Comparing someone a candidate embraces as friend and must follow his philosophy to a degree to go to the same church for 20 years to some crackpot who's comments are pulled out of nowhere who has no relationship to the candidate attempting to be smeared is called BULLSHIT.

Judging someone by the company they keep and dishonestly attempting to judge by the company they DON'T keep aren't the same things.

Plain and simple, this comment didn't come out of McCain's "house." I can't believe how blatantly obvious your partisan double standard is here. You did the same thing with Ron Paul.

McCain apparently can be held accountable for any-and-everything some private individual he doesn't know says just so long as it looks like they support him -- but Obama can't even be held accountable for someone he calls "friend" and has followed for over two decades.

Ridiculous.:rolleyes:

And my comment was? That thread in no way compares to this. An elected Democratic politician made a disparaging remark to a media outlet in regard to McCain's military service.

You'll find a thread on this board where I argued that McCain's military service was commendable but had nothing to do with his running for office as President NOW. Odd you didn't mention THAT thread.

Is this where I play rayboy and create a whole thread titled: "Rockefeller's Opinion of the Entire US Military" or what?

Again. WAY obvious.

And my comment was? That thread in no way compares to this. An elected Democratic politician made a disparaging remark to a media outlet in regard to McCain's military service.

You'll find a thread on this board where I argued that McCain's military service was commendable but had nothing to do with his running for office as President NOW. Odd you didn't mention THAT thread.

Is this where I play rayboy and create a whole thread titled: "Rockefeller's Opinion of the Entire US Military" or what?

Again. WAY obvious.

Actually, I think I responded to you on the other thread. I agreed... he deserved kudos for his service and earned my admiration. Just didn't want someone who doesn't know the difference between Shi'a and Sunni being president.

You're far too quick to overlook the obvious racial tenor of the repubs' campaigns, in general, and given that this is the second time (first time being the loony who kept calling Obama "Hussein") that one of McCain's campaign stops has been marred by that type of thing. He needs to watch that.

I think he called him Tiger Woods because Tiger is part black, part white, and part Asian. Kinda like how Obama is a mix of different cultures and ethnicities.

I think he called him Tiger Woods because Tiger is part black, part white, and part Asian. Kinda like how Obama is a mix of different cultures and ethnicities.

And is or is not Tiger Woods HIGHLY successful at what he does? If it were meant as a derogatory why would one name a highly successful person and not some loser?

Further even IF meant derogatory by naming a highly successfully person that defeats the intent.

Did you ever hear the urban legend about how Tiger Woods got his name?

Supposedly his dad had a pretty good sense of humor and said, "well, since he's half Thai and half n*gger, let's name him Tiger."

I doubt it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Forum List

Back