All-American Gold Medal Match In Women's Beach Volleyball

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
596-pytEF.Em.55.jpeg
2012-07-25T165928Z_1_CBRE86O1B7800_RTROPTP_2_ITALY-BEACH-VOLLEYBALL.JPG

LONDON -- In their first Olympics, April Ross and Jennifer Kessy will play for the gold medal in an all-American beach volleyball final.

In their final Olympics together, Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor are playing for something more.

"We want to seal the deal that we're the best team that's ever happened," Walsh Jennings said Tuesday night after they advanced to their third consecutive Olympic gold medal game with a 22-20, 22-20 victory over China. "Misty has changed my life. I just love her. I want to win tomorrow for us."

A few hours later, Kessy and Ross beat the top-seeded Brazilians in a persistent rain to join their fellow Californians in Wednesday night's final. Ross and Kessy rallied from a first-set loss and a four-point deficit in the second to beat reigning world champions Juliana and Larissa 15-21, 21-19, 15-12.

The Brazilians will play China's Xue Chen and Zhang Xi, who are trying to repeat their bronze medal finish from Beijing.

Despite a medal shutout by the American men, the United States has clinched multiple beach volleyball medals for the fourth time in five Olympiads since it became a recognized sport in 1996.

2012 London Olympics -- Misty May-Treanor, Kerri Walsh Jennings to meet April Ross, Jennifer Kessy in beach volleyball final - ESPN

Beach-Volleyball-Team-USA-2012-Summer-Olympics.png

Forum List

Back