All about teh metulz

:wtf:

WTF are you smoking?

I don't make shit up man. Here is a photo of them before their transformation.

terry-pantera.jpg

Original "image" aside, their music was no where near "bubble gum rock"

My point is, their original music was as well and the "new and improved" them was a short step from it. They were as metal as my grandmother was imho.

When bubble gum rock like Motley Crue and Poison and the likes started going by the wayside, Pantera did not know what to do cause that was the kinda music they played. They corrupted the true metal scene IMHO and gave motley crue fans a place to go.... True story.:afro:

:wtf:

WTF are you smoking?

I don't make shit up man. Here is a photo of them before their transformation.

terry-pantera.jpg

Your point being what? I grew up in the 80's, wore the same exact type of shit, but still listened to all kinds of crap... The hair band clothes were just better...

**clutches King Diamond on vinyl and backs slowly out of thread**

Well, the Goo Goo Dolls were originally a punk band but I wouldn't put them in tha same category as the Sexpistols or Pennywise. Bands evolve. Some for the better, some for the worse. Pantera evolved for the better.

Well, the Goo Goo Dolls were originally a punk band but I wouldn't put them in tha same category as the Sexpistols or Pennywise. Bands evolve. Some for the better, some for the worse. Pantera evolved for the better.

Definitely a matter of opinion.... I have old metalhead friends that like Pantera, (very few thank God), and we just agree to disagree :) . I don't play Cradle of Filth when they are around and they don't play Pantera.

Definitely a matter of opinion.... I have old metalhead friends that like Pantera, (very few thank God), and we just agree to disagree :) . I don't play Cradle of Filth when they are around and they don't play Pantera.

How 'bout we just stick to some good 'ol Slayer? :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDWLp1yIWw[/ame]

My introduction thread became the all purpose "talk about metal" thread, which is perfectly fine by me.

Guns N Roses are SO not metal. MTV must have given them that title, back when they were handing out metal labels to bands like Van Halen and Kiss.

Pantera blows. I used to like them but that was the shortest lived infatuation with a band I ever had. Like Conspiracist said, they are an extremely lame excuse for metal. All of their songs sound the same. Metal for tuff guys who like to go to shows, get drunk, scream woooo and beat people up in the pit. I blame them for the rampant misunderstanding that average people have of what metal music is all about.

My dislike of Pantera has nothing to do with their former glam image. I just find them boring. Dimebag was a good metal guitarist but far from the best. And while Im on the subject Metallica is overrated (two and a half good albums does not a great band make) and Cliff Burton was SO not the greatest bass player. I wish people would stop saying that.

And Conspiracist...cradle of filth? Seriously?! OMG they suck so bad lol. CoF is an even suckier, less metal version of Dimmu Borgir who if not for CoF would win the "most embarassing metal band" award. At least Dimmu had a couple good albums before they started sucking. I hate that people insist on calling CoF black metal when they simply are not. At all. Gothic Mallcore, more like it.

Obituary is alright I guess, their music always seemed so basic to me, and the vocals are irritating. Pestilence and Behemoth, Ive listened to a bit of their stuff, neither really moved me. The guy in Behemoth has a massive noggin. :)

Yes, Im very opinionated about metal. No offense ;) Have some metal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZcJ0U5HP8[/ame]

Can you believe this band isnt even signed? Omg

A special message for Crow :eusa_angel:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HGQQxmnP4&feature=related[/ame]

My introduction thread became the all purpose "talk about metal" thread, which is perfectly fine by me.

Guns N Roses are SO not metal. MTV must have given them that title, back when they were handing out metal labels to bands like Van Halen and Kiss.

Pantera blows. I used to like them but that was the shortest lived infatuation with a band I ever had. Like Conspiracist said, they are an extremely lame excuse for metal. All of their songs sound the same. Metal for tuff guys who like to go to shows, get drunk, scream woooo and beat people up in the pit. I blame them for the rampant misunderstanding that average people have of what metal music is all about.

My dislike of Pantera has nothing to do with their former glam image. I just find them boring. Dimebag was a good metal guitarist but far from the best. And while Im on the subject Metallica is overrated (two and a half good albums does not a great band make) and Cliff Burton was SO not the greatest bass player. I wish people would stop saying that.

And Conspiracist...cradle of filth? Seriously?! OMG they suck so bad lol. CoF is an even suckier, less metal version of Dimmu Borgir who if not for CoF would win the "most embarassing metal band" award. At least Dimmu had a couple good albums before they started sucking. I hate that people insist on calling CoF black metal when they simply are not. At all. Gothic Mallcore, more like it.

Obituary is alright I guess, their music always seemed so basic to me, and the vocals are irritating. Pestilence and Behemoth, Ive listened to a bit of their stuff, neither really moved me. The guy in Behemoth has a massive noggin. :)

I love theatrics and talent and Cradle has both. Extremely creative and mood inspiring.

I love theatrics and talent and Cradle has both. Extremely creative and mood inspiring.

I dont mind theatrics either, I like GWAR after all. Most people think they suck too, so I'm not one to judge, to each their own. :)

Forum List

Back