All about teh metulz

Crow

Oct 30, 2010
Hey guys. Im not really here to talk about politics. I mean, I COULD but I dont wanna. I used to get into huge arguments on various non political forums but that lost its charm long ago. Maybe once in a while I might post one of my hairbrained crackpot ideas but for the most part, I just want a place to post music links. Metal is my life.

I guess you could describe me like an old death metal neanderthal who was frozen in time in the mid 90s. I dedicated myself heart and soul to metal when I was a teen. Some people might call me close minded and they would be right. I do not listen to anything but metal. While all of my other supposed 'metalhead' friends were dicking around listening to Pink Floyd, The Doors and Bob Marley (just because we liked to smoke pot together, I guess), I remained loyal to metal and never pretended to enjoy that shit.

As the 90s drew to a close, I started to become disenfranchised with metal. Seemed to me like it had all been done before. How many times can you listen to the same Slayeresque riff before one vomits? So, I held on to a few of my favorite bands like Carcass, Deicide (Gwar too and fuck you if you dont like it) and a few others. I pretty much stopped listening to music entirely for years. You would be surprised how long a few really good bands can keep one satisfied. There was a lot more complex reasoning behind my musical abandonment but I wont go into that here.

In recent months have been making up for lost time. Most people my age have mellowed out and lowered their standards to more or less mainstream sensibilities, gobbling up whatever turds float to the top. Im proud to say that my edge hasnt dulled at all over the years. Its still 100% metal for me, nothing else will do.

Looks like I was wrong about metal becoming stagnant after all. The internet is a wonderful device indeed. No longer do I have to pay to try out new bands, theres more than I could ever hope for at the click of a mouse. I've finally heard a lot of bands that I never tried before from lack of funds, such as Bolt Thrower who is now one of my favorites. But also, I am discovering lots of new bands from the current generation.

I am still most fond of death metal overall, but I like a variety of genres. My faves are in this order:

Death
Black
Thrash
Doom
Folk

Some of my favorite bands include:

GWAR(I will fight you over them), Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Slayer, Arkona, Deicide, Old Man's Child, Carcass, Ghoul, and of course pre-black Metallica

Also, I really, really REALLY want to start posting links so excuse me if I reply to my own thread. I need those 15 posts already!!!

Please keep your crap in the appropriate forum. Just so I don't have to continually neg you for being an idiot. There is a music forum and I think metal qualifies.... cuz we don't have a 'seriously crap shit' forum.

Anyway.... Welcome.

Please keep your crap in the appropriate forum. Just so I don't have to continually neg you for being an idiot. There is a music forum and I think metal qualifies.... cuz we don't have a 'seriously crap shit' forum.

Anyway.... Welcome.

Oh gee, that has to be the best welcome Ive ever read. Seriously, Im like...cryin and stuff. You moved me on a deep emotional level and I dont think I will ever be the same again. Marry me?

Anyway.... Welcome.

Besides, where else would I post metal other than in the metal forum? You might as well give up on your hopes of negging me for being an idiot.

Im not one.

Anyway.... Welcome.

Oh gee, that has to be the best welcome Ive ever read. Seriously, Im like...cryin and stuff. You moved me on a deep emotional level and I dont think I will ever be the same again. Marry me?

Thanks but no. My SO would be a tad pissed if I accepted.

Beware. Most USMB members believe metal is teh ghey.

Therefore they are all subhuman wastes of oxygen, just consuming precious resources waiting for their inevitable death, lonely and forgotten.

Aww, tanks!

450_cp_tank_leopard_061202.jpg

Loud angry metal = polution of the ears and mind. Just another moron that needs to share what intelligent people have already rejected. I bet this dumb fuck shits on the sidewalk. Thanks for sharing sparky.

Loud angry metal = polution of the ears and mind. Just another moron that needs to share what intelligent people have already rejected. I bet this dumb fuck shits on the sidewalk. Thanks for sharing sparky.

Really? So because YOU don't like it, it's pollution?

What about the crap that spits forth from your fingertips to the keyboard? :eusa_eh:

Hop on in and knock yourself out! Not a big metal fan here but hey....I don't have to click on it either.

Enjoy!

Really? So because YOU don't like it, it's pollution?

What about the crap that spits forth from your fingertips to the keyboard? :eusa_eh:

Uh..ya. That's my position on loud angry metal. I feel the same way about cars that have loud blaring obnoxious rap music drowning out all other sound for blocks in all directions.

My "crap" doesn't prevent others from communicating their crap. I think that is a significant distintion.

Hey guys. Im not really here to talk about politics. I mean, I COULD but I dont wanna. I used to get into huge arguments on various non political forums but that lost its charm long ago. Maybe once in a while I might post one of my hairbrained crackpot ideas but for the most part, I just want a place to post music links. Metal is my life.

I guess you could describe me like an old death metal neanderthal who was frozen in time in the mid 90s. I dedicated myself heart and soul to metal when I was a teen. Some people might call me close minded and they would be right. I do not listen to anything but metal. While all of my other supposed 'metalhead' friends were dicking around listening to Pink Floyd, The Doors and Bob Marley (just because we liked to smoke pot together, I guess), I remained loyal to metal and never pretended to enjoy that shit.

As the 90s drew to a close, I started to become disenfranchised with metal. Seemed to me like it had all been done before. How many times can you listen to the same Slayeresque riff before one vomits? So, I held on to a few of my favorite bands like Carcass, Deicide (Gwar too and fuck you if you dont like it) and a few others. I pretty much stopped listening to music entirely for years. You would be surprised how long a few really good bands can keep one satisfied. There was a lot more complex reasoning behind my musical abandonment but I wont go into that here.

Im 32 now, and in recent months have been making up for lost time. Most people my age have mellowed out and lowered their standards to more or less mainstream sensibilities, gobbling up whatever turds float to the top. Im proud to say that my edge hasnt dulled at all over the years. Its still 100% metal for me, nothing else will do.

Looks like I was wrong about metal becoming stagnant after all. The internet is a wonderful device indeed. No longer do I have to pay to try out new bands, theres more than I could ever hope for at the click of a mouse. I've finally heard a lot of bands that I never tried before from lack of funds, such as Bolt Thrower who is now one of my favorites. But also, I am discovering lots of new bands from the current generation.

I am still most fond of death metal overall, but I like a variety of genres. My faves are in this order:

Death
Black
Thrash
Doom
Folk

Some of my favorite bands include:

GWAR(I will fight you over them), Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Slayer, Arkona, Deicide, Old Man's Child, Carcass, Ghoul, and of course pre-black Metallica

Welcome to USMB, knock yourself out. ;)

Woah, you're close minded. And clearly...ignorant. If anything, metal is one of the few musical genres that actually require some level of intelligence to appreciate. Its not simple music for simple minds.

Loud? Angry? Haha.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXlUxDGFvU[/ame]

If anything, metal is one of the few musical genres that actually require some level of intelligence to appreciate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXlUxDGFvU

I'm a metal fan too, so I can see where you are coming from here. However, "some level of intelligence" gets replaced by "massive amounts of drugs" way too often.

I'll have to check into the bands you mentioned. I like most anything, except where the singer is trying to channel the cookie monster on crack.

Pantera, Sabbath, Motorhead, Accept, Iron Maiden, etc are more my speed. But, welcome and I will look forward to your links

New Topics

Forum List

Back