All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On ‘Meet The Press’

Now, now frank, try to stop being hysterical (lol, that's like telling a rock to stop being a rock). In fact censorship isn't allowed, have you not read the Constitution of the United States?

Maybe you'd support a Fairness Doctrine? The head of the NRA and all Senators who oppose gun restrictions could appear on the networks you noted and offer a counterpoint.

Kinda like the tobacco CEO's, all 32 members of the Senate could offer this cliché:

"A gun didn't kill those 20 six and seven years old, a madman did"

I'm sure - in your little little world - that would console the moms and dads who went home without their child and today are stricken with a grief I hope none of us - even an asshole like you - never experienced.

I'm merely offering a counterpoint to the true madman on the "American" Left who roll around in the blood of the innocents then post online to tell us guns are the problem.

Who are these "true madman" on the '"American"' Left - name names or I will continue to believe you're as dumb as rock and as partisan as a demon in your sujpport of evil.
Wry, Crusader Frank does not <sic>sujpport</sic> evil, and you know it too, don't you.

When guns are banned, bad guys still have them and good guys give them up. That makes it easy for informed sociopaths to step into a school where no firearms are found, and start the bloodletting, unstopped until something stops them. The guy shooting may not have been able to tell a game of dungeons and dragons style shooting enemies and shooting a roomful of innocent babes and their caregivers. That's not going to be a problem for some members of society who think public teachers and officials should protect the children they serve.

Why weren't there men teachers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq present, who can and would know how to defend children against interlopers who were refusing treatment for their illness? Are school unions so uppity they refuse to allow defenders defend children? Inquiring minds want to know. Was there a woman teacher there who'd served? She would have known what to do.

Schools need to do the smart thing. Have someone present at all times who has and knows how to use a weapon against a madman or kid who doesn't have all his marbles in a bag like others do. That would have saved a lot of lives. Instead, all the women could do is throw their bodies in the line of fire to take the death the crazy person was inflicting on their charges. That is not enough to assuage one single parent who sent children to that idiot school that thinks nobody will ever come around who might hurt children.

If ever we needed a vet present who would not allow someone to take advantage of the situation, it was at that school in Connecticut on that day.

Some of the teachers may have gone to a damned university/college back east that banned ROTC. IDIOTS!

Last edited:
I'm merely offering a counterpoint to the true madman on the "American" Left who roll around in the blood of the innocents then post online to tell us guns are the problem.

Who are these "true madman" on the '"American"' Left - name names or I will continue to believe you're as dumb as rock and as partisan as a demon in your sujpport of evil.

You
Hazlnut
TM
Midcam
etc

LOL. Define the "American" Left. I'll define the "American" Right:

Rigid, suspicious of others, Callous, Lack of empathy, Intolerant (bigoted), Anti-intellectual, Greedy, Angry (some pathologically so), Fearful, Ignorant (some willful, others not so), Anti democratic, anti social (some clinically), Humorless, Insensitive and boring.

The Sunday morning news shows were dominated by discussion of what can be done after the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which claimed 28 lives on Friday. Several strong gun control advocates, including Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) appeared on the morning shows to push for tighter restrictions and a new assault weapons ban. Their counterparts on the pro-gun side of the aisle, however, categorically refused to appear on MSNBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ to discuss the shooting.
‘Meet the Press’ producer Betsey Fischer Martin tweeted:
Betsy Fischer Martin
&#10004;
@BetsyMTP
BTW, we reached out to ALL 31 pro-gun rights Sens in the new Congress to invite them to share their views on @meetthepress - NO takers.
16 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

The National Rifle Association canceled a country music event this weekend but has yet to release any statement after the school massacre.

All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On 'Meet The Press' | ThinkProgress

I'd tell "Meet The Depressed" to go pound sand too. :cool:

The Sunday morning news shows were dominated by discussion of what can be done after the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which claimed 28 lives on Friday. Several strong gun control advocates, including Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) appeared on the morning shows to push for tighter restrictions and a new assault weapons ban. Their counterparts on the pro-gun side of the aisle, however, categorically refused to appear on MSNBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ to discuss the shooting.
Betsy Fischer Martin
&#10004;
@BetsyMTP
BTW, we reached out to ALL 31 pro-gun rights Sens in the new Congress to invite them to share their views on @meetthepress - NO takers.

The National Rifle Association canceled a country music event this weekend but has yet to release any statement after the school massacre.

All 31 Pro-Gun Senators Refused Invitations To Appear On 'Meet The Press' | ThinkProgress

No shit? Those conservatives refused to walk all over the dead bodies of those people for political gain? The nerve of them.

Wry, Crusader Frank does not <sic>sujpport</sic> evil, and you know it too, don't you.

Of course my use of evil is hyperbole, but he hasn't ever demonstrated normal human empathy, is clearly a bigot and intolerant of any idea which conflicts with the extreme dogma he has adopted.

When guns are banned, bad guys still have them and good guys give them up. No one is suggesting guns be banned, only the gun huggers believe this to be true. When gun ownership is controlled or restricted, and someone has a gun in his or her possession, custody or control illegally they can be put in prison for that act alone; makes sense to me and to the Supreme Court That makes it easy for informed sociopaths to step into a school where no firearms are found, and start the bloodletting, unstopped until something stops them. They usually stop themself The guy shooting may not have been able to tell a game of dungeons and dragons style shooting enemies and shooting a roomful of innocent babes and their caregivers. That's not going to be a problem for some members of society who think public teachers and officials should protect the children they serve.

Why weren't there men teachers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq present, who can and would know how to defend children against interlopers who were refusing treatment for their illness? Cost. In our county we had School Resource Officers assigned ot High School campuses working closing with Juvenile Probaton Officers. Worked well, cut from budget Are school unions so uppity they refuse to allow defenders defend children? Unions had zero input into the program we had Inquiring minds want to know. Was there a woman teacher there who'd served? She would have known what to do.

Schools need to do the smart thing. Have someone present at all times who has and knows how to use a weapon against a madman or kid who doesn't have all his marbles in a bag like others do. That would have saved a lot of lives. Instead, all the women could do is throw their bodies in the line of fire to take the death the crazy person was inflicting on their charges. That is not enough to assuage one single parent who sent children to that idiot school that thinks nobody will ever come around who might hurt children.

The local PD was on scene within one minute, we will never know if the Principle or school psychologist had been armed if they would have been able to take down the shooter.

If ever we needed a vet present who would not allow someone to take advantage of the situation, it was at that school in Connecticut on that day.

Some of the teachers may have gone to a damned school back east that banned ROTC. IDIOTS!

There is no one solution to the tragic events which occur to often in our country. Combat vets hired to 'police' schools may or may not be a good idea.

Last edited:
Betsy Fischer Martin
&#10004;
@BetsyMTP

Who, in right mind, would want to appear with that prune-faced ancient idiot?

Of course my use of evil is hyperbole, but he hasn't ever demonstrated normal human empathy, is clearly a bigot and intolerant of any idea which conflicts with the extreme dogma he has adopted.

When guns are banned, bad guys still have them and good guys give them up. No one is suggesting guns be banned, only the gun huggers believe this to be true. When gun ownership is controlled or restricted, and someone has a gun in his or her possession, custody or control illegally they can be put in prison for that act alone makes sense to me and to the Supreme Court That makes it easy for informed sociopaths to step into a school where no firearms are found, and start the bloodletting, unstopped until something stops them. They usuall stop themself The guy shooting may not have been able to tell a game of dungeons and dragons style shooting enemies and shooting a roomful of innocent babes and their caregivers. That's not going to be a problem for some members of society who think public teachers and officials should protect the children they serve.

Why weren't there men teachers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq present, who can and would know how to defend children against interlopers who were refusing treatment for their illness? Cost. In our county we had School Resource Officers assigned ot High School campuses working closing with Juvenile Probaton Officers. Worked well, cut from budget Are school unions so uppity they refuse to allow defenders defend children? Unions had zero input into the program we had Inquiring minds want to know. Was there a woman teacher there who'd served? She would have known what to do.

The local PD was on scene within one minute, we will never know if the Principle or school psychologist had been armed if they would have been able to take down the shooter.

Some of the teachers may have gone to a damned school back east that banned ROTC. IDIOTS!

There is no one solution to the tragic events which occur to often in our country. Combat vets hired to 'police' schools may or may not be a good idea.
I didn't say hire them to police schools.

But since I didn't, here's what I think: those who served should have good jobs when they get out of the service. School them as teachers and hire them to just be around. Thugs won't be coming to school to make trouble in their presence.

And it won't hurt the kids to get some practical knowledge from these experienced people in world events.

Plus, this may likely rub you the wrong way, but they would definitely result in kids choosing patriotism over division of the nation, which has occurred due to the disconnect between reality and academia in the last 40 years.

You
Hazlnut
TM
Midcam
etc

LOL. Define the "American" Left. I'll define the "American" Right:

Rigid, suspicious of others, Callous, Lack of empathy, Intolerant (bigoted), Anti-intellectual, Greedy, Angry (some pathologically so), Fearful, Ignorant (some willful, others not so), Anti democratic, anti social (some clinically), Humorless, Insensitive and boring.

The other day I was taking my 5-year-old grand daughter to a little outing.

When I started the engine, she said: "Actually, Papa, aren't you forgetting your seat belt?"

So, to paraphrase what came from the mouth of my favorite grand daughter: Actually, Wry Catcher, have you forgotten to mention the most revered, most precious, most despicable, most favorite word of your ilk: RACIST?!

does the right want teachers to now have MORE tasks to learn and employ in their days work?

does that mean you will want to kill their unions still and cut their pay for the increased work?

does the right want teachers to now have MORE tasks to learn and employ in their days work?

does that mean you will want to kill their unions still and cut their pay for the increased work?

None of the teachers I ever had ever belonged to a union.

Why? Because to them teaching was a VOCATION, not a job. In their minds the teaching of the future generation superceded greed and financial gluttony.

My generation, because of the dedicated teachers we had, came out of high school with more knowledge and education than the young people "graduating" from college today.

When guns are banned, bad guys still have them and good guys give them up. No one is suggesting guns be banned, only the gun huggers believe this to be true. When gun ownership is controlled or restricted, and someone has a gun in his or her possession, custody or control illegally they can be put in prison for that act alone makes sense to me and to the Supreme Court That makes it easy for informed sociopaths to step into a school where no firearms are found, and start the bloodletting, unstopped until something stops them. They usuall stop themself The guy shooting may not have been able to tell a game of dungeons and dragons style shooting enemies and shooting a roomful of innocent babes and their caregivers. That's not going to be a problem for some members of society who think public teachers and officials should protect the children they serve.

I didn't say hire them to police schools.

But since I didn't, here's what I think: those who served should have good jobs when they get out of the service. School them as teachers and hire them to just be around. Thugs won't be coming to school to make trouble in their presence.

And it won't hurt the kids to get some practical knowledge from these experienced people in world events.

Plus, this may likely rub you the wrong way, but they would definitely result in kids choosing patriotism over division of the nation, which has occurred due to the disconnect between reality and academia in the last 40 years.

Why would that rub me the wrong way? I do have reservations on your suggestion about using vets as security guards and interaction with students. One example will explain why I have such reservations:

When I was in the Navy, I was standing amMid watch while in port on the DD where I served. The OOD was a Petty Officer and at the time I was a Seaman. With nothing to do we talked about our involvement in Vietnam (this was in 1968) and we disagreed on why we were there and on what we hoped to accomplish. I had read Bernard Fall's books and knew much more about the history of Vietnam under foreign domination than did he and some background on Ho Chi Minh - he became more and more angry and had had it when he said, "My country right or wrong" and I said he would be better suited to the German Army of Nazi Germany. That ended the conversation, he called me a "fucking Commie" and ordered me to stand at attention for the next couple of hours.

The rest of the story is my favorite part. Several months later civilian police investigators and SP came aboard and took this jerk off in cuffs. Later I learned he was arrested for check fraud.

funny lots of other countries can afford it

Yeah, like Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. Commonly and correctly known as PIGS.

I've been to Portugal, Italy and Spain - have you? I disagree with your opinion, though, if you've been to each of these countries too, I'd like to hear what gave you such an impression. If not STFU and grow up.

Was FJO talking out of his/her ass? I'd bet yes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back