Alien: Covenant

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
As a stand alone movie I would rate it 4/5 stars.
Definitely worth the $4.99 stream rent. Keeps you interested and on edge.
For the Alien franchise purist...yeah, it offers really weak connections/continuation of previous movies that likely they hate.
But as a stand alone movie...I highly recommend it.
THis movie has gotten some pretty bad reviews, but I think that is only if you are thinking too much.

You liked it? I would rate it 1 out of 5 stars. Ridley Scott botched it, nearly ruined the franchise. Horrible.

Alien and Aliens were 5 star movies though. Aliens being the best ever.

You liked it? I would rate it 1 out of 5 stars. Ridley Scott botched it, nearly ruined the franchise. Horrible.

Alien and Aliens were 5 star movies though.

I liked it as a stand alone. Yes, as a continuation of the franchise it certainly falls short.
I mean...Elizabeth would have rebuilt David?? Really??? And just where did she get the know how and parts?
Which is why I rated it as a stand alone only. I don't think anyone could seriously consider this a sequel.

Must agree. Those two are the only ones I consider.

Prometheus had great potential, but yeah, he botched that too.

Again, rating as a stand alone movie...Prometheus was solid. But as a sequel, yes it didn't make a lot of sense.

Again, rating as a stand alone movie...Prometheus was solid. But as a sequel, yes it didn't make a lot of sense.
It did to me..

eff4001580d632aababf7b4309f05dca5dd3880f.jpg

It did to me..

Not so much. It was a spin off really. And then Alien Covenant was a truly terrible sequel to it, but a decent movie on it's own.

It did to me..

Not so much. It was a spin off really. And then Alien Covenant was a truly terrible sequel to it, but a decent movie on it's own.
Haven't seen it yet but will eventually..Prometheus was a good prequel as it gave you some hint of the early stages of the story..

I'm still amazed at HR Geiger's creation of the xenomorph. To this day it's just as spectacular as when the movie was released. Totally amazing creation, best movie alien of all time.

Forum List

Back