Ali looks horrible

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
He just threw out the first pitch at the Cardinal-Marlins game. I couldnt believe how frail he looked. He was shaking violently as they drove him in on a golf cart with the Marlins owner holding him upright.
His "first pitch" consisted of someone taking a baseball out of his hand

Sad to see someone who represented a generation and was constant, non-stop energy to be in such sorry physical condition

Hang tough Champ

I remember someone asked Joe Frazier, who got the better of whom between the two of you....He said something like, look at me and look at him and tell me what you think. Joe is dead now, but for a while, you could argue with that logic. Ali has been looking like shit for a long time.

Don't like how the left has made him into a hero. I think he was a bad person. Having said that. It's not nice to see anyone in his condition.

I remember someone asked Joe Frazier, who got the better of whom between the two of you....He said something like, look at me and look at him and tell me what you think. Joe is dead now, but for a while, you could argue with that logic. Ali has been looking like shit for a long time.

Don't like how the left has made him into a hero. I think he was a bad person. Having said that. It's not nice to see anyone in his condition.

Ali was the greatest fighter I ever saw. As a person, I thought he was a prick. His treatment of Frazier was despicable.

I hate to think what a 27 year old Ali would say about an ex fighter in his current condition.

I still think Tyson, in his prime, would have knocked anyone out. He was the most superior fighter I've ever seen.

I still think Tyson, in his prime, would have knocked anyone out. He was the most superior fighter I've ever seen.

Sonny Liston was the most intimidating fighter I ever saw. Clay just toyed with him

Sonny Liston was the most intimidating fighter I ever saw. Clay just toyed with him

You think Ali would have beat Iron Mike?

As Bad assed as Tyson was, he was one dimensional

When you watch highlights of Ali, you see him dancing and flicking his jab. In reality, most of his fights were Ali clinging and tying up his opponent till it came time to throw a flurry of punches in the last 30 seconds.

He would have tied Tyson up and wore him down in the later rounds.

Tyson '86 KO's Ali '63 in four

Ali '65 wins the rematch over Tyson '88 by TKO in the 9th.

Tyson was the greatest fighter you ever saw. Ali was the greatest fighter who ever lived.

You wanna know what I call a man so weak that he can't even hurl a baseball off the pitcher's mound so someone else has to come and take the ball out of his hand?

If I were ever so honored to meet him I'd call him "Champ" and if he graced me with a picture of the 2 of us it would hang on my wall in the most conspicuous place possible until the day I died.

I don't think anyone can say that Tyson hit harder than Foreman. They all said that Foreman had the heaviest punch.

There are still some boxing experts who swear that Joe Louis would have beat Ali, in both their primes.

Tyson was the greatest fighter you ever saw. Ali was the greatest fighter who ever lived.

You wanna know what I call a man so weak that he can't even hurl a baseball off the pitcher's mound so someone else has to come and take the ball out of his hand?

If I were ever so honored to meet him I'd call him "Champ" and if he graced me with a picture of the 2 of us it would hang on my wall in the most conspicuous place possible until the day I died.

What a tribute! :) Tyson was the scariest fighter I ever saw (not in person). I always thought he would end up killing somebody

Ali did sting like a bee both in the ring and with his big mouth. That's what a fighter does tho.

Ali was the greatest fighter I ever saw. As a person, I thought he was a prick. His treatment of Frazier was despicable.

I hate to think what a 27 year old Ali would say about an ex fighter in his current condition.

Wait....are you providing an allegory of the Obama administration???

I knew you'd come around, wingy!!

Racist, misogynist, islamic, violent... but, he's an African, a now pathetic African, so I'm sure he got a big standing ovation. We expect so little from negroes.

You think Ali would have beat Iron Mike?

As Bad assed as Tyson was, he was one dimensional

When you watch highlights of Ali, you see him dancing and flicking his jab. In reality, most of his fights were Ali clinging and tying up his opponent till it came time to throw a flurry of punches in the last 30 seconds.

He would have tied Tyson up and wore him down in the later rounds.

Tyson had to get inside to be effective. Ali never allowed anyone that advantage. With a 9" reach advantage, he would have destroyed Tyson.

My grandfather used to talk about the time he went to old Forbes Field and saw Babe Ruth hit a home run out of that cavernous park. My Pop used to speak about DiMaggio in hushed, reverent terms. He loved that man.

The athlete that defined my generation was Muhammad Ali. Biggest personality, greatest accomplishments.

Not Pete Rose. Not Franco Harris. Not Wayne Gretsky. It was Ali.

Tyson had to get inside to be effective. Ali never allowed anyone that advantage. With a 9" reach advantage, he would have destroyed Tyson.

I never saw anyone cut through an opponent's defenses like Tyson did and his ability to counterpunch was incredible. There were times that he didn't seem to be even at all concerned about keeping his guard up. He just went at his opponent swinging. Lot of one round fights in Tyson's career.

If Ali could survive the first 4 rounds he would become the clear favorite.

I'm not a fighting guru, but I know something about working out and being in shape.

Ali looked like he was 8-10 percent body fat. Athletes in the modern era, by far are stronger, faster, and have more endurance.

I know it's something I can never prove, but I believe many modern fighters would have put Ali down.

I'm not a fighting guru, but I know something about working out and being in shape.

Ali looked like he was 8-10 percent body fat. Athletes in the modern era, by far are stronger, faster, and have more endurance.

I know it's something I can never prove, but I believe many modern fighters would have put Ali down.

Today's heavyweights?

I doubt it

Forum List

Back