algore harmed the nation by contesting 2000 election

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
the stock markets tanked over the uncertainty over the2000 eletions

thanks a a lot azsholew

This thread would have made sense - 12 years ago.

Gore was a poor candidate, no two ways about it. But then so were a bunch of others during the past 50 years - Dukakis, Dewey, Dole....

Gore was a poor candidate, no two ways about it. But then so were a bunch of others during the past 50 years - Dukakis, Dewey, Dole....

Gore was a good candidate, and I believe Gore would have been a fine president - maybe even great. He was stiff and woody during the campaign, which didn't help him. The biggest problem was the Monica tension between him and Clinton. I'm a big Clinton fan, but the Monica mess cost Gore the presidency - even more so than Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and the SCOTUS. Anyway, some dumbass was "awarded" the presidency.

I also believe that Dole would have been a fine president - but he also campaigned poorly. Came across as angry and mean.

Last edited:
Lakhota -

I repsect Gore as an intelligent man and no doubt very principled, but he had this air of being landed gentry that I think most of us found off-putting.

He always looked like someone who would be more at home lecturing at MIT or hosting gala events in the Hamptons than doing the things normal American people do everyday.

He lacked that common touch of talking to people across class divides that I think all good politicians need these days.

I don't think Monicagate cost Gore - I think Gore's inability to talk to ordinary people cost Gore.

Lakhota -

I repsect Gore as an intelligent man and no doubt very principled, but he had this air of being landed gentry that I think most of us found off-putting.

He always looked like someone who would be more at home lecturing at MIT or hosting gala events in the Hamptons than doing the things normal American people do everyday.

He lacked that common touch of talking to people across class divides that I think all good politicians need these days.

I don't think Monicagate cost Gore - I think Gore's inability to talk to ordinary people cost Gore.

I don't want a folksy beer-drinking buddy in the White House - I want a smart president who can govern. Gore was that kind of guy. Gore had the brains and loads of experience - having served in the House, Senate, and 8 years as VP.

i will always hate gore for his actions in the 2000 election

Gore was a good candidate, and I believe Gore would have been a fine president - maybe even great. He was stiff and woody during the campaign, which didn't help him. The biggest problem was the Monica tension between him and Clinton. I'm a big Clinton fan, but the Monica mess cost Gore the presidency - even more so than Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and the SCOTUS. Anyway, some dumbass was "awarded" the presidency.

I also believe that Dole would have been a fine president - but he also campaigned poorly. Came across as angry and mean.

He could have ridden into office on Clinton's coat tails, but chose not to and he 'lost'.

Lakhota -

*when you lower a river for a photo op*

Lakhota -

I don't want a folksy beer-drinking buddy in the White House - I want a smart president who can govern. Gore was that kind of guy. Gore had the brains and loads of experience - having served in the House, Senate, and 8 years as VP.

No. Smart is Clinton. Gore was his only ticket back then. Do you know politics at all because I like you but I don't think you know politics aside from your own?

Gore from Tennessee you know this right? Gore was the chosen one? Gore couldnt do crap but his father said Al had to be President? You know this right?

While I agree with you about a hapless and fake 'man of the people' like Bush, a great politician needs to be able to communicate with his voters.

Communication is also part of the kill set we require of politician.

Clinton, Reagan and Toby Blair all could - Dole and Gore could not.

"Always be a good loser - be a good loser always".

Bob Robertson - sportscaster

While I agree with you about a hapless and fake 'man of the people' like Bush, a great politician needs to be able to communicate with his voters.

Communication is also part of the kill set we require of politician.

Clinton, Reagan and Toby Blair all could - Dole and Gore could not.

Gore was never Tennessee. He was only Washington. I'm from Hickman. Gore was and is and always will be "high end". what percent? 1%.

Forum List

Back