algore gives the North Cap 5 years... Again...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Polar Ice May Be Gone in 5 Years, Al Gore Says in Copenhagan - Sphere News

I Distinctly Remember algore Predicting the End of the North Cap's Ice by 2012*.

(*This is a Prediction that Ice in the Summer would be gone, because of course, Aside from the Perception that is Attempting to be Created, Ice at the Caps is NOT going away Permanently Year-Round by any Means.)

So in 5 Years when I continue to NOT Give a Shit about algore's Frothing and Hopefully there hasn't been Legislation Created to Further Cripple our Economy Based on said Frothing, will the Libs who Pray at this Shrine start to Concede?...

Will they Admit that this is Crap?...

Will they Look South and Offer an Explanation of that Expansion of Ice, or continue to Conveniently Ignore it?...

Could they Possibily Entertain the Concept that the Expansion in the South might be Tied the Retraction in the North?

Will they EVER Honestly Deal with the History of Greenland:

Decline of the Vikings in Iceland - Influence of Dramatic Climate Shifts on European Civilizations: The Rise and Fall of the Vikings and the Little Ice Age

^An Example of MANY...

Was it the US Automobile Manufacturer and Big Fat Bald White Oil that Warmed Greenland up back then for the Vikings?...

I am so Fucking Tired of these Paranoid Liberals and their Blind Faith in the Simplistic Rantings of algore and others that I am Running out of ways to Express it.

Anyway, the End is in 2015 or 2017 or whatever...

Global Temps have NOT Warmed in a Decade and a Decade is PIN DROP in the History of this Rock.

Just 30 to 40 Years ago some of these same "Experts" were Predicting the Next Ice Age if we didn't Change our ways...

Seriously, it's time to Stop being either Dishonest or Ignorant on this Issue.

The Sky is NOT Falling and Man's Contribution to ANY of this "Climate Change" is Insignificant when Compared to the Sun... End of Fucking List.

Carry on.

:)

peace...

Then again it may not. That Al, giving himself the wiggle room he so loves so in 2015 or 2017 or whenever he can once again claim "In xx years blah, blah, blah MAY be gone" . . . . again.

When I was a kid there was a family next door to us, the Boyds. Jeff was the youngest. He was a character, he used to ride his seatless bike down the street yelling "Hi, Nance" to my mom. Anyway, he was always, always, always the kid who would say "just one more time, okay, just one more time. Just one more chance, no really, this time I mean it, it'll be the last time, for real" The Goricale reminds me of this kid. Regardless of what was written in stone and oh so sure xx years ago. . . . they were wrong but this time . . just one more time, just one more chance . . . this time it's for real. Can't we inflate him with helium and float him in a parade? Wait, he's already full of hot air . . . let's just float him.

Then again it may not. That Al, giving himself the wiggle room he so loves so in 2015 or 2017 or whenever he can once again claim "In xx years blah, blah, blah MAY be gone" . . . . again.

When I was a kid there was a family next door to us, the Boyds. Jeff was the youngest. He was a character, he used to ride his seatless bike down the street yelling "Hi, Nance" to my mom. Anyway, he was always, always, always the kid who would say "just one more time, okay, just one more time. Just one more chance, no really, this time I mean it, it'll be the last time, for real" The Goricale reminds me of this kid. Regardless of what was written in stone and oh so sure xx years ago. . . . they were wrong but this time . . just one more time, just one more chance . . . this time it's for real. Can't we inflate him with helium and float him in a parade? Wait, he's already full of hot air . . . let's just float him.

That's an interesting concept... OwlGore perceptively pleading for US to grant him five more YEARS of his rhetoric...

Can WE endure it? -Or- will he be brushed aside long before then?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

algore Junior: The Boy who Cried Climate Catastrophe...

:)

peace...

Of course the above ignoramouses will ignore real scientists such as these.

Thinning and volume loss of the Arctic Ocean sea ice cover: 2003–2008

R. Kwok

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA

G. F. Cunningham

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA

M. Wensnahan

Polar Science Center, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA

I. Rigor

Polar Science Center, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA

H. J. Zwally

Cryospheric Sciences Branch, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

D. Yi

SGT, Inc., NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

We present our best estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean ice cover from 10 Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat) campaigns that span a 5-year period between 2003 and 2008. Derived ice drafts are consistently within 0.5 m of those from a submarine cruise in mid-November of 2005 and 4 years of ice draft profiles from moorings in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas. Along with a more than 42% decrease in multiyear (MY) ice coverage since 2005, there was a remarkable thinning of ∼0.6 m in MY ice thickness over 4 years. In contrast, the average thickness of the seasonal ice in midwinter (∼2 m), which covered more than two-thirds of the Arctic Ocean in 2007, exhibited a negligible trend. Average winter sea ice volume over the period, weighted by a loss of ∼3000 km3 between 2007 and 2008, was ∼14,000 km3. The total MY ice volume in the winter has experienced a net loss of 6300 km3 (>40%) in the 4 years since 2005, while the first-year ice cover gained volume owing to increased overall area coverage. The overall decline in volume and thickness are explained almost entirely by changes in the MY ice cover. Combined with a large decline in MY ice coverage over this short record, there is a reversal in the volumetric and areal contributions of the two ice types to the total volume and area of the Arctic Ocean ice cover. Seasonal ice, having surpassed that of MY ice in winter area coverage and volume, became the dominant ice type. It seems that the near-zero replenishment of the MY ice cover after the summers of 2005 and 2007, an imbalance in the cycle of replenishment and ice export, has played a significant role in the loss of Arctic sea ice volume over the ICESat record.

Doing even the most basic study of the state of the polar ice reveals the previous posters to be liars and dolts of the first magnitude.:lol:

New NASA Satellite Survey Reveals Dramatic Arctic Sea Ice Thinning - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

July 07, 2009

PASADENA, Calif. - Arctic sea ice thinned dramatically between the winters of 2004 and 2008, with thin seasonal ice replacing thick older ice as the dominant type for the first time on record. The new results, based on data from a NASA Earth-orbiting spacecraft, provide further evidence for the rapid, ongoing transformation of the Arctic's ice cover.

Scientists from NASA and the University of Washington in Seattle conducted the most comprehensive survey to date using observations from NASA's Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite, known as ICESat, to make the first basin-wide estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean's ice cover. Ron Kwok of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., led the research team, which published its findings July 7 in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans.

If AL GORE is right I won't be able to say this anymore:
83419890v11_225x225_Front.jpg

Al is batting 1000 so far, wrong on every count !!

Of course the above ignoramouses will ignore real scientists such as these.

R. Kwok

G. F. Cunningham

M. Wensnahan

I. Rigor

H. J. Zwally

Cryospheric Sciences Branch, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

D. Yi

SGT, Inc., NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

We present our best estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean ice cover from 10 Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat) campaigns that span a 5-year period between 2003 and 2008. Derived ice drafts are consistently within 0.5 m of those from a submarine cruise in mid-November of 2005 and 4 years of ice draft profiles from moorings in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas. Along with a more than 42% decrease in multiyear (MY) ice coverage since 2005, there was a remarkable thinning of ∼0.6 m in MY ice thickness over 4 years. In contrast, the average thickness of the seasonal ice in midwinter (∼2 m), which covered more than two-thirds of the Arctic Ocean in 2007, exhibited a negligible trend. Average winter sea ice volume over the period, weighted by a loss of ∼3000 km3 between 2007 and 2008, was ∼14,000 km3. The total MY ice volume in the winter has experienced a net loss of 6300 km3 (>40%) in the 4 years since 2005, while the first-year ice cover gained volume owing to increased overall area coverage. The overall decline in volume and thickness are explained almost entirely by changes in the MY ice cover. Combined with a large decline in MY ice coverage over this short record, there is a reversal in the volumetric and areal contributions of the two ice types to the total volume and area of the Arctic Ocean ice cover. Seasonal ice, having surpassed that of MY ice in winter area coverage and volume, became the dominant ice type. It seems that the near-zero replenishment of the MY ice cover after the summers of 2005 and 2007, an imbalance in the cycle of replenishment and ice export, has played a significant role in the loss of Arctic sea ice volume over the ICESat record.

Come back when NASA gets done with their lawsuit.

Doing even the most basic study of the state of the polar ice reveals the previous posters to be liars and dolts of the first magnitude.:lol:

New NASA Satellite Survey Reveals Dramatic Arctic Sea Ice Thinning - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

July 07, 2009

PASADENA, Calif. - Arctic sea ice thinned dramatically between the winters of 2004 and 2008, with thin seasonal ice replacing thick older ice as the dominant type for the first time on record. The new results, based on data from a NASA Earth-orbiting spacecraft, provide further evidence for the rapid, ongoing transformation of the Arctic's ice cover.

Scientists from NASA and the University of Washington in Seattle conducted the most comprehensive survey to date using observations from NASA's Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite, known as ICESat, to make the first basin-wide estimate of the thickness and volume of the Arctic Ocean's ice cover. Ron Kwok of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., led the research team, which published its findings July 7 in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans.

Come Back when NASA gets done with their LAWSUIT.

Look, the Polar Ice was fucked the second it found out that just a few kilometers below the surface Earth was heated to "millions of degrees"

Warmers long for the Good Old Days when everything north of the Ohio River was under 60 feet of ice.

Come back when you have more than a single digit IQ, T.

Translation: "I have been proven a shill for so long, I gotta find someone to project upon...you're IT 'T', albiet I have no proof, but I gotta find a pasty to make me feel better about myself..."

Show where the Arctic ice is increasing, asshole.

Damned right you are a brainless patsy. Grab the latest wingnut talking point, never do a bit of research on your own.

Translation: "I have been proven a shill for so long, I gotta find someone to project upon...you're IT 'T', albiet I have no proof, but I gotta find a pasty to make me feel better about myself..."

Damned right you are a brainless patsy. Grab the latest wingnut talking point, never do a bit of research on your own.

Translation: "I just proved 'T' to be correct by my outburst...despite the threads to the contrary that prove ME to be a shill as 'T' asserted..."

From 2008...ASSWIPE

Arctic Ice Increasing Rapidly

Speaking of wingnuts...

Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up - Times Online

There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former US Vice-President, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, became entangled in a new climate change “spin” row.

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.”

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,” Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure” several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore.

The embarrassing error cast another shadow over the conference after the controversy over the hacked e-mails from the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit, which appeared to suggest that scientists had manipulated data to strengthen their argument that human activities were causing global warming.

Anyone else with a shred of honesty would man up and admit they were duped. Instead, you just bury your head further up manbearpig's ass.

You can't even help it and because the view isn't all that great up there and you wouldn't know a fact if it fell on your pointy little head. :lol:

Forum List

Back