Algerian hostage update

I was just watching clips of people speaking out after Benghazi saying that the lack of response would make other attacks more brazen and more likely. Now we have Algeria and that too without a word from this evil, terrorist supporting, United States. That makes the next attack even more brazen and way more likely to happen sooner rather than later.

I am not getting the viewpoints on this. For instance, if terrorists attacked the Rockefeller Center, which is owned by the Japanese I believe, it would be our country's responsibility to act, not Japan's.

Is our government responsible for the security at a multi-national company operating out side of our country simply because Americans work for it?

The news has reported a witness saying that he saw the Algerian forces blow up 4 Jeeps full of hostages.

Algeria hostages - chicagotribune.com

Sadly, it was the right call. The hostages were being transported out of the country and would have undoubtably have faced long painful deaths by torture.

Oh man..really?

:doubt:

That's why they were in the jeeps!

An Irish engineer who survived said he saw four jeeps full of hostages blown up by Algerian troops whose commanders said they moved in about 30 hours after the siege began because the gunmen had demanded to be allowed to take their captives abroad.

Read more: Algerian crisis: Americans among 30 hostages killed as Algerian government executes botched raid on BP gas field | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am not getting the viewpoints on this. For instance, if terrorists attacked the Rockefeller Center, which is owned by the Japanese I believe, it would be our country's responsibility to act, not Japan's.

Is our government responsible for the security at a multi-national company operating out side of our country simply because Americans work for it?

No Ravi, but our Government should be responsible for any American being held by a terrorist anywhere in the world....

No Ravi, but our Government should be responsible for any American being held by a terrorist anywhere in the world....
Well, there is that. Though the State Department has prior to this issued warnings against being in Algeria.

Maybe we could send BP the bill.

I don't think we know for certain what has happened or when or by whom....... We meaning we the people. There was a drone in the air so someone in Washington knows more than they are telling.......

Forum List

Back