Alexandra Pelosi Interviews Shameless Welfare Recipients

If your defense for why Obama or Dems policy sucks in almost every case is “Bush/Reps did it / do it too!” MAYBE you should consider that Obama does not really represent you… Just putting that out there, a thought… mull it over…

Unless you secretly like Bush era policies... It's standing back and watching 2 armies line up and shot each other, in a line, no cover, just standing there. You sit back watching and think, "that's dumb." Yet you guys think you have all the talent and are doing it better than the other army.

Unless you secretly like Bush era policies... It's standing back and watching 2 armies line up and shot each other, in a line, no cover, just standing there. You sit back watching and think, "that's dumb." Yet you guys think you have all the talent and are doing it better than the other army.

I've always believed that hand-to-hand combat, killing a bunch of grunts in order to 'tale pork chop hill' or some other imaginary win, is just about the most stupid thing human beings have ever done.

I've been traveling the past week and yesterday, before landing to change planes in Chicago, a young man on my plane caught the attention of many of us because he was passing photos of his children around. He told us he'd been in Afghanistan and that his kids did not know he was coming. Watching that reunion made me SO damn angry and yet, there was not a dry eye -including my own- in the whole bunch of us to who stopped to watch very young children scream "DADDY!!" and throw themselves into his arms.

How in the hell can anyone find fault in President Obama's absolutely surgical strikes that have taken out our enemies while not costing even one American life?

While President Obama functions in the 21st century, the R candidates have ALL said they want more wars and bigger military. Every one of them have told us they think they can do it better and the idiot rw's will vote for that.

Public assistance is merely a symptom of a more significant problem: this Nation’s unwillingness to invest in education and training programs designed to enable Americans to become truly self-sufficient.

Needless to say opposition to such programs comes from the right, a consequence of their blind adherence to rightist dogma; and they share in the blame for any increase in the number of those on assistance accordingly.

Oh, please, we had programs on top of programs to try and help people stand on their own two feet. We have poor qualifying for free education through grants. Why doesn't the left ever address the issue of many people simply not trying to better themselves? We can offer programs, but if they don't take it seriously, no one can help them.

Maybe if they'd stay in school, graduate, not get pregnant, not do drugs and not commit crimes and get arrested, they'd be better off. I suppose it's the Repubs fault that so many have made such a mess of their lives that it's nearly impossible for them to get a good job right now.

Public assistance is merely a symptom of a more significant problem: this Nation’s unwillingness to invest in education and training programs designed to enable Americans to become truly self-sufficient.

Needless to say opposition to such programs comes from the right, a consequence of their blind adherence to rightist dogma; and they share in the blame for any increase in the number of those on assistance accordingly.

Oh, please, we had programs on top of programs to try and help people stand on their own two feet. We have poor qualifying for free education through grants. Why doesn't the left ever address the issue of many people simply not trying to better themselves? We can offer programs, but if they don't take it seriously, no one can help them.

Maybe if they'd stay in school, graduate, not get pregnant, not do drugs and not commit crimes and get arrested, they'd be better off. I suppose it's the Repubs fault that so many have made such a mess of their lives that it's nearly impossible for them to get a good job right now.

What left wing policies have done is increase the number of single parent households. This alone will multiply the need for social services in ways yet we cant imagine. The thought of helping yourself will continue to be lost.

What left wing policies have done is increase the number of single parent households. This alone will multiply the need for social services in ways yet we cant imagine. The thought of helping yourself will continue to be lost.

And you can name these policies of the "left wing" that increase the number of single parent households?

And you can name these policies of the "left wing" that increase the number of single parent households?
we can start with a very simple word.

WELFARE.

Can you manage the thinking from there, or do we need to hold your hand?

Do you need a reminder at how democrats fought reform?

Another catch phrase is the WAR ON POVERTY.

Any other questions?

WELFARE.

Any other questions?

Saying it doesn't make it so. Where is your PROOF, your evidence that there is a direct correlation between assistance programs and an increase in single parents?

The Typical Single Parent is a Mother:

Approximately 84% of custodial parents are mothers, and
16% of custodial parents are fathers

She is Divorced or Separated:

Of the mothers who are custodial parents:
45% are currently divorced or separated
34.2% have never been married
19% are married (In most cases, these numbers represent women who have remarried.)

She is Employed:

79.5% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed
49.8% work full time, year round
29.7% work part-time or part-year

She and Her Children Do Not Live in Poverty:

27% of custodial single mothers and their children live in poverty
12.9% of custodial single fathers and their children live in poverty

Among custodial single mothers:

22% receive Medicaid
23.5% receive food stamps
12% receive some form of public housing or rent subsidy
5% receive receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)

Single Parents

The Typical Single Parent is a Mother:

Approximately 84% of custodial parents are mothers, and
16% of custodial parents are fathers

She is Divorced or Separated:

Of the mothers who are custodial parents:
45% are currently divorced or separated
34.2% have never been married
19% are married (In most cases, these numbers represent women who have remarried.)

She is Employed:

79.5% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed
49.8% work full time, year round
29.7% work part-time or part-year

She and Her Children Do Not Live in Poverty:

27% of custodial single mothers and their children live in poverty
12.9% of custodial single fathers and their children live in poverty

Among custodial single mothers:

22% receive Medicaid
23.5% receive food stamps
12% receive some form of public housing or rent subsidy
5% receive receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)

Single Parents

Yet another rightist myth shot down.

WELFARE.

Any other questions?

Saying it doesn't make it so. Where is your PROOF, your evidence that there is a direct correlation between assistance programs and an increase in single parents?

I realize that as a strong partisan you are unable to look at anything objectively.

So I will add the outrage of the left for the VP commenting on murphy brown.

I can lead you to the information But I can not make you comprehend.

WELFARE.

Any other questions?

I realize that as a strong partisan you are unable to look at anything objectively.

So I will add the outrage of the left for the VP commenting on murphy brown.

I can lead you to the information But I can not make you comprehend.

Murphy Brown has what to do with Welfare? You're just all over the place with this. Murphy Brown is a "liberal policy"? In what regard, Charlie?

I GAVE you the information. Most single mothers are single mothers because of (sing it Tammy) D-I-V-O-R-C-E. The "welfare Mom" you seem to blame the whole kit and kaboodle on is a myth (yeth?).

Has there been an increase in women who choose single parenting? Yes, but it has nothing to do with Welfare since most of them work and they are a VERY small minority. Has welfare contributed to the number of single mothers? Definitely yes, but not in the manner you wish to ascribe. Women don't have to stay in bad relationships because of financial reasons anymore. They can use the HAND UP to leave that bad relationship.

I love how someone that wants to blame single parenting on "liberal policies" calls me a partisan. Hello pot...

As far as the video goes, it's nice to see a liberal who gets it. She shows there are two sides and Bill does the worst job I have seen in my life trying to spin defending the black guys, in fact I'd think if there were Bill fans out there watching that he prolly lost quite a few, but who knows.

What is really sad is people don't seem to realize that it's all going to fall apart, it always has and always will. History shows you can't spend more than you create/take in forever, yet time after time countries do it until they collapse...

Forum List

Back