Alexander Vindman is a US Amry Infantry Officer; SALUTE!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
LC Vindman came up the hard way going infantry.

I dont care what he says about Trump, he is a real man and worthy of our respect.

Alexander Vindman - Wikipedia

After graduating from State University of New York at Binghamton in 1998, Vindman joined the United States Army and became a career Army officer.[3] He completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course (IOBC) at Fort Benning in 1999 and deployed the next year to South Korea, where he commanded infantry and an anti-armor platoon.[3] In addition to overseas deployments to South Korea and Germany, Vindman is a combat veteran.[3] He was deployed to Iraq to take part in the Iraq War from September 2004 to September 2005.[2] In October 2004,[2] he sustained an injury from a roadside bomb in Iraq, for which he received a Purple Heart.[3] He was promoted to the rank of major in 2008,[6] and to lieutenant colonel in September 2015.[7]

During his Army career, Vindman earned the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge and Parachutist Badge, as well as four Army Commendation Medals and two Defense Meritorious Service Medals.[2]

Beginning in 2008, Vindman became a Foreign Area Officer specializing in Eurasia. In this capacity he served in the U.S. embassies in Kiev, Ukraine, and Moscow, Russia. Returning to Washington, D.C. he was then a politico-military affairs officer focused on Russia for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
121px-Ranger_Tab.svg.png
234px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg.png
121px-US_Army_Airborne_basic_parachutist_badge.gif

Those above qualifications are not easy to come by, even for kiss ass officers.

iu

Of course but combat doesn't make you less political...it enhances it....
It can, true.

It can also make you suffer from, a lot of problems aside from that.

But on the whole I think it proves merit to go into a combat MOS and excell, especially in the infantry.

I am not saying that Vindman is right for what he says are his concerns.

I am saying that having those concerns are over his pay grade, but I have zero doubt that he is being honest and sincere.

Honorable service has nothing to do with one's political beliefs. I find it inappropriate that he chose to appear in full uniform with his medals on display. The message is "I'm a hero you can't question my motives".

I dont care what he says about Trump, he is a real man and worthy of our respect.

I don't care what he says either, but just because someone has a strong military career does not make them beyond reproach. The narrative is already being set here by the left and the media for any criticism of him.

Vindman is more loyal to the country than he is to Trump.

And for that he's gotta pay.

LtC Vindman's entire existence in Washington rests on the notion that Russia is as dangerous to us today as they were in 1978....that Russia is our biggest threat...he believes that and that is fine...the president disagrees...and its not Vindman's decision to make...he wasn't elected to anything...
I'm a 20 years vet and I've met some real jack asses with brass on their shoulders and ribbons on their chest...especially within the DC crowd....

I thought this post was going to contain proof that refuted Vindman's testimony.....welp, maybe next time....

Of course but combat doesn't make you less political...it enhances it....
It can, true.

It can also make you suffer from, a lot of problems aside from that.

But on the whole I think it proves merit to go into a combat MOS and excell, especially in the infantry.

I am not saying that Vindman is right for what he says are his concerns.

I am saying that having those concerns are over his pay grade, but I have zero doubt that he is being honest and sincere.
To men like Vindman there is a Soviet era spy around every corner....that was his job in DC...

I don't care what he says either, but just because someone has a strong military career does not make them beyond reproach. The narrative is already being set here by the left and the media for any criticism of him.
Not saying he is above reproach, but I am saying he is an honest patriot based on his service.

I have never met a disloyal infantry officer or one that was dishonest, and in my five years I was an 11B, I met hundreds of them.

Now, incompetence (about a third of them), and overly sensitive to violations of protocol, lots of those.

Alexander Vindman - Wikipedia

After graduating from State University of New York at Binghamton in 1998, Vindman joined the United States Army and became a career Army officer.[3] He completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course (IOBC) at Fort Benning in 1999 and deployed the next year to South Korea, where he commanded infantry and an anti-armor platoon.[3] In addition to overseas deployments to South Korea and Germany, Vindman is a combat veteran.[3] He was deployed to Iraq to take part in the Iraq War from September 2004 to September 2005.[2] In October 2004,[2] he sustained an injury from a roadside bomb in Iraq, for which he received a Purple Heart.[3] He was promoted to the rank of major in 2008,[6] and to lieutenant colonel in September 2015.[7]

During his Army career, Vindman earned the Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Infantryman Badge and Parachutist Badge, as well as four Army Commendation Medals and two Defense Meritorious Service Medals.[2]

Beginning in 2008, Vindman became a Foreign Area Officer specializing in Eurasia. In this capacity he served in the U.S. embassies in Kiev, Ukraine, and Moscow, Russia. Returning to Washington, D.C. he was then a politico-military affairs officer focused on Russia for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
121px-Ranger_Tab.svg.png
234px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg.png
121px-US_Army_Airborne_basic_parachutist_badge.gif

Those above qualifications are not easy to come by, even for kiss ass officers.

iu
He doesnt seem to respect his chain of command.

Forum List

Back