Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN

Is this the proper tact to follow when you want to protect Our Second Amendment rights? I wonder some so-called 2nd Amendment activist have to act like fucking loons? It almost makes me wonder if they are really in favor of the 2nd Amendment. You can see how Jones' argument starts falling apart. I find it funny that he came out using "factoids" vs Morgan but then soon complained and evaded the question where Piers used his.

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN - YouTube

Alex did a great job, I don't see what you are talking about.

If the job was to show himself as a crazy man that should be no where near firearms...yes, he did a great job.
In no way are you right.

I will add that I think that Jones did this to primarily boost his ratings. He strikes me as a cross between a sleazy used car salesman and a televangelist who is full of shit.

Indeed,

I saw some of the ‘interview,’ Jones succeeded in only embarrassing himself.

Jones and his ilk are greater enemies of the Second Amendment than any ‘gun grabber.’

The problem is that the Gun Nuts arguments don't hold up to scrutiny.

The two reason gun nuts give for wanting guns.

1) "I need to protect myself and my family from the criminals out there!" Except a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a criminal. We lock up 2 million people, (more than any country in the world) and have 300 million guns, and we have the highest crime rates in the industrialized world.

2) "I need to have a gun for that day when the government goes to far and we have to overthrow it!" - They are more likely to say this when a Democrat is in office. A Republican can spy on Americans, demand lists of your library loans, toture people in secret prisons, and they enthusiastically support that. A Democrat says, "Maybe you should buy health insurance", and it's the worst tyranny ever.

Of course, the absurdity of this is that you have guns. The government has tanks, planes, missiles, drones, cannons.

I will add that I think that Jones did this to primarily boost his ratings. He strikes me as a cross between a sleazy used car salesman and a televangelist who is full of shit.

Indeed,

I saw some of the ‘interview,’ Jones succeeded in only embarrassing himself.

Jones and his ilk are greater enemies of the Second Amendment than any ‘gun grabber.’

The problem is that the Gun Nuts arguments don't hold up to scrutiny.

The two reason gun nuts give for wanting guns.

1) "I need to protect myself and my family from the criminals out there!" Except a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a criminal. We lock up 2 million people, (more than any country in the world) and have 300 million guns, and we have the highest crime rates in the industrialized world.

2) "I need to have a gun for that day when the government goes to far and we have to overthrow it!" - They are more likely to say this when a Democrat is in office. A Republican can spy on Americans, demand lists of your library loans, toture people in secret prisons, and they enthusiastically support that. A Democrat says, "Maybe you should buy health insurance", and it's the worst tyranny ever.

Of course, the absurdity of this is that you have guns. The government has tanks, planes, missiles, drones, cannons.

I see you live in Chicago. Do you feel safe?

I'm more along the line of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" or whatever that cliche' is. If you look at this stat:

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year."

Does that mean that we should outlaw alcohol and automobiles? The aforementioned was a rhetorical question.

Except that we did outlaw alcohol.

Never underestimate the capacity of America to do stupid things.

What's with Jones saying '... the second amendment is there to protect us from street thugs ...'

Are all gun nutters this ignorant about the second amendment?

Those who promote the idea that the state has the right to control and allocate all resources, including human resources, will preach the "meaning" of civil rights defined in the constitution of the old Republic?

ROFL

The man who WROTE the second amendment said it's purpose is this;

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " - Thomas Jefferson

I've heard of this guy but know little of him, but after watching this, he needs to check himself in to a sanitarium.. like... yesterday.

Is this the proper tact to follow when you want to protect Our Second Amendment rights? I wonder some so-called 2nd Amendment activist have to act like fucking loons? It almost makes me wonder if they are really in favor of the 2nd Amendment. You can see how Jones' argument starts falling apart. I find it funny that he came out using "factoids" vs Morgan but then soon complained and evaded the question where Piers used his.

People actually take Alex Jones seriously?

People actually take the second amendment seriously.

Nothing, nadda, zip, zero in the Constitution allows private citizens to take up arms against the government.

The Constitution however allows the government to decimate any private citizen that thinks he/she can. It also allows the government to suspend your rights in that event.

You should read it sometime.

Nothing, nadda, zip, zero in the Constitution allows private citizens to take up arms against the government.

The Constitution however allows the government to decimate any private citizen that thinks he/she can. It also allows the government to suspend your rights in that event.

You should read it sometime.

No one is taking up arms against their govt. Idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back