Alex Jones: I had a form of psychosis about Sandy Hook

The fact that Alex Jones is admitting that he's been delusional seems to me to be yet another hoax.
The left either got to him or he was already on the team.

I remember when Arrianna Huffington played a conservative on the old Bill Maher show. Al Franken used her as a foil to make cons look like clueless idiots.
It was all an act.

Naw, Arriana was always a clueless idiot...

The main reason why you guys look like idiots is because when you boil away the racism, homophobia and religious nutbaggery, you have a lot of bad economic ideas that benefit the rich and fuck working folks.
Yeah. Let's go with your Green New Deal:

Rebuild every building in America.
Get rid of aircraft and air travel.
Slaughter all of the cows.
Forget about having HVAC systems. They're history.
Build train tracks across the ocean.

The fact that Alex Jones is admitting that he's been delusional seems to me to be yet another hoax.
The left either got to him or he was already on the team.

I remember when Arrianna Huffington played a conservative on the old Bill Maher show. Al Franken used her as a foil to make cons look like clueless idiots.
It was all an act.

Naw, Arriana was always a clueless idiot...

The main reason why you guys look like idiots is because when you boil away the racism, homophobia and religious nutbaggery, you have a lot of bad economic ideas that benefit the rich and fuck working folks.
Yeah. Let's go with your Green New Deal:

Rebuild every building in America.
Get rid of aircraft and air travel.
Slaughter all of the cows.
Forget about having HVAC systems. They're history.
Build train tracks across the ocean.
Here is a PDF:

Green New Deal FINAL

Go ahead, point out your claims. I’m sure you don’t want people to think you’re a lying sack of.......

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

The performance artist offers more insight into his fertile imagination:

InfoWars’ Alex Jones: I Had ‘Form of Psychosis’ While Pushing Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories

It actually gets better:

Jones blamed his mental state on the “trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much,” saying that he couldn’t “trust anything anymore,” and he didn’t really know what reality was.He also admitted to the lawyer of one of the suing parents that he was susceptible to “mass group think.”

Psychosis. Mental state. Mass group think. Indeed.

Which begs the question: Why would any mentally healthy person listen to, or much less believe, anything he spews from his mouth?
That's the power of ideology. Ideologues can convince themselves of some pretty amazing stuff.

InfoWars’ Alex Jones: I Had ‘Form of Psychosis’ While Pushing Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories

It actually gets better:

Jones blamed his mental state on the “trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much,” saying that he couldn’t “trust anything anymore,” and he didn’t really know what reality was.He also admitted to the lawyer of one of the suing parents that he was susceptible to “mass group think.”

Which begs the question: Why would any mentally healthy person listen to, or much less believe, anything he spews from his mouth?
That's the power of ideology. Ideologues can convince themselves of some pretty amazing stuff.

Ideology?? What ideology is at play when it comes to Alex Jones? Do you think any of his followers are capable of discerning, much less maintaining, a consistent ideology?

It actually gets better:

It actually gets better:

Ideology?? What ideology is at play when it comes to Alex Jones? Do you think any of his followers are capable of discerning, much less maintaining, a consistent ideology?
I think his listeners are the type who just pick some tiny "news" sources and run with them without questioning them. We regularly see links to fantasy "news" stories that clearly are from whacked out winger websites.

So in this case, that's what I mean by "ideology" - like a religion, I'm going to believe what my little world allows in, no matter what.

That too, but look at what he has helped create: This entirely alternate, closed circuit universe in which inhabitants only trust what they observe within that universe.

To be fair, the press and corporations are kind enough to give them enough grist to keep that universe alive and thriving. A handy kernel of truth to keep the wheel turning.

But holy crap, this guy is used as a "news source".

Again, Stormy, what he says is no crazier than what you come on here every day and say.

Did Mac pick on you when you were little(r)?
Is my stalker humping my leg again?

:laugh:

Nothing quite shouts personal responsibility like blaming one’s actions on corporations and the media. Jones is simply trying to limit his liability in the lawsuit against him. He will be back gassing on about Martian slave camps by the end of the day.
At the heart of what he said lies a pretty deep paranoia.

Group think and paranoia, that's not a good combo.
At the heart of what he said, it’s just lies.

And he undermined himself again the other day commenting on the Sandy Hook father who committed suicide.

Nothing quite shouts personal responsibility like blaming one’s actions on corporations and the media. Jones is simply trying to limit his liability in the lawsuit against him. He will be back gassing on about Martian slave camps by the end of the day.

And he undermined himself again the other day commenting on the Sandy Hook father who committed suicide.
As close as politics can come to pro wrestling, he's the Hulk Hogan of the industry.

It actually gets better:

I think his listeners are the type who just pick some tiny "news" sources and run with them without questioning them. We regularly see links to fantasy "news" stories that clearly are from whacked out winger websites.

So in this case, that's what I mean by "ideology" - like a religion, I'm going to believe what my little world allows in, no matter what.

Well - words mean things. What you're talking about isn't ideology.

I wouldn't quibble, but I'm a fan of ideology. I think it's a good thing. Knowing someone's ideology gives us a clue how they think, what they value, and how they're likely to rule if they are elected.

I don't see any ideology in the Trump movement. It's sheer demagoguery, latching on to any and every petty fear harbored by the ignorant.

It actually gets better:

Well - words mean things. What you're talking about isn't ideology.

I wouldn't quibble, but I'm a fan of ideology. I think it's a good thing. Knowing someone's ideology gives us a clue how they think, what they value, and how they're likely to rule if they are elected.

I don't see any ideology in the Trump movement. It's sheer demagoguery, latching on to any and every petty fear harbored by the ignorant.
Yeah, it depends on the definition. And yes, this is demogoguery and manipulation at a level most of us have never seen.

You mean like blaming all societies woes on an imaginary "PC Police" and "Regressives"?
Many people live on the edge. And they are good at what they do. Whether it is an excuse or reality he gets the point across. To me he is no worse then MSNBC and CNN and there should be cable TV stations on the other political side of those two spouting their stuff. And don't bring up FOX.
“To me [Jones] is no worse then [sic] MSNBC and CNN…”

And here’s an example of the rightwing idiocy the likes of Jones and Trump seek to take advantage of.

As close as politics can come to pro wrestling, he's the Hulk Hogan of the industry.
Obama was Adrian Adonis!

It actually gets better:

Of course they are.

Their ideology is conservativism – the ideology of fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

Conservative ideology that seeks to demonize ‘the media,’ to propagate an unwarranted fear of the mythical ‘deep state,’ where the press is the ‘enemy of the people,’ where immigrants are ‘invading’ America, where the government is conspiring to ‘grab your guns,’ and where lies about Clinton and Obama are contrived in an effort to deflect from Trump’s faults and failures.

It is very much an ideology – authoritarian, reactionary, and dishonest; conservativism: the ideology of fake news and ‘alternative facts.’

You mean like blaming all societies woes on an imaginary "PC Police" and "Regressives"?
Many people live on the edge. And they are good at what they do. Whether it is an excuse or reality he gets the point across. To me he is no worse then MSNBC and CNN and there should be cable TV stations on the other political side of those two spouting their stuff. And don't bring up FOX.
“To me [Jones] is no worse then [sic] MSNBC and CNN…”

And here’s an example of the rightwing idiocy the likes of Jones and Trump seek to take advantage of.
You can keep your doctor......

It actually gets better:

Someone finally realizes he crossed the line

It actually gets better:

Someone finally realizes he crossed the line

Seems like it. He knew the "I'm just an entertainer" line wasn't going to cut it, and had to go nuclear. It might work. It might even be true. He's always seemed batshit insane to me.

Forum List

Back