Alerts not for me

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Hello why have I just received an Alert which had nothing to do with anything I'd posted, also not even to do with someone mentioning me in a post?

The Alert I just got was completely unrelated to me in every way.

Thanks.

• Banned
Hello why have I just received an Alert which had nothing to do with anything I'd posted, also not even to do with someone mentioning me in a post?

Thanks.

I've just had two more Alerts not meant for me. Why is this happening, it's only just been tonight, I've never had this sort of thing happening before.

• Banned

Thanks.

Some one may have responded to nested posts and deleted your post from the nest?? :dunno:

No the Alerts are not related to me in ANY way, not even the way you suggest, it's very bizarre.

Are you following certain forums? If you are, anyone that starts a thread in that forum, you will get an alert. Go in your control panel and turn all alerts off, or set them to just certain things..like if you are quoted or thanked.

• Banned
Are you following certain forums? If you are, anyone that starts a thread in that forum, you will get an alert. Go in your control panel and turn all alerts off, or set them to just certain things..like if you are quoted or thanked.

No they're not even Alert's for Forums I'm following or are even in or have been mentioned in.

I'll go into the control panel and see if I can modify some things, then hopefully I can stop this, I've now had four I just notice, so it's getting a bit annoying already. Thanks.

It happens to me too sometimes. I shut all my alerts off..waited awhile...then clicked to only seeing an alert when quoted. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

It happens to me too sometimes. I shut all my alerts off..waited awhile...then clicked to only seeing an alert when quoted. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Okay so I intend to shut off all alerts, and then see if when I put them back on everything returns to normal.

Also, check which forums you may have clicked "follow" or are subscribed to. Not persons..FORUMS. And I don't remember where that is located either, but awhile back, I thought it would be a good idea to follow certain forums. BAD idea.

Also, check which forums you may have clicked "follow" or are subscribed to. Not persons..FORUMS. And I don't remember where that is located either, but awhile back, I thought it would be a good idea to follow certain forums. BAD idea.

Okay I'll have a look and see if I can find that, the Forums. Thanks.

No idea. I use alerts at times to see who has responded with a rating.

Greg

Forum List

Back