ALERT: Final Votes "tallied" with Mitt Romney at 47%. The definition of "irony".

The Texas Republican Party platform: Creationism, denialism, “health freedom,” and “vaccine choice” all rolled up into one big antiscience ball

From the Texas Republican Party Platform:

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Creationism: Why are Republicans afraid of science? Ask Senator Rubio

Bill Nye: Teaching kids creationism undermines both them and the U.S. - National Technology

Polls have shown that religious voters in America identify with the Republican party. Many of these voters shun the idea of the separation of church and state, claiming that it is a “myth” or only a one-way street in that religion can shape government policy, but government cannot shape religion. In some circles, this has led to a theocratic worldview. The Texas Freedom Network offered a stunning example of this in June when it analyzed the Texas Republican Party’s platform.

From teaching creationism to Christian nationalism, state Republican platforms embrace right wing Christianity

If you bothered to take the time, you can go state by state, look at their party platform, find out which states are fighting to teach "magical creation" and then, perhaps we can have a discussion. Instead, I bring you this tremendous amount of pertinent information which you refuse to look at then complain I have no proof. If you can't be better informed than that, then stop stalking me. It makes you look, well, you know.........

So I ask you again, do you believe the earth is thousands of years old and the Grand Canyon was created by Noah's Flood? If you say yes, then it would explain a lot. If you say no, then why are you defending the Republican position?

If you bothered to take the time, you can go state by state, look at their party platform, find out which states are fighting to teach "magical creation" and then, perhaps we can have a discussion. Instead, I bring you this tremendous amount of pertinent information which you refuse to look at then complain I have no proof. If you can't be better informed than that, then stop stalking me. It makes you look, well, you know...
i have bothered to take the time.....your problem Dean is you make a statement like....."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"......most of the righties here just start calling you names instead of asking you to prove your statement ....i get that,i see it.....i ask what you always ask.....back it up.....because i know you cant.....because NO Republican has made a Statement like that......so then you start backpedaling...."well they want to cut the Education budgets.....what else could that mean?".....so a couple of links were shown how something like 25 Democratic Governors are doing it too.....so remember what you told me about that?....."they have reason to do that,the Republicans are doing it to get rid of it"......that's not what you said word for word but its close....so maybe if YOU cant be better informed OR at least Honest....then maybe YOU should stop starting your bullshit threads.....It makes you look, well, you know...

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills

Teaching magical creation along side "real" science destroys education.

I don't know what else to say. You believe teaching stupid is another form of "education", I guess it is. You won. You want "stupid" taught and complain when someone says Republicans want to destroy education.

The same scientific methods that determine the age of the earth and backs education is behind everything "scientific". It's even called the "scientific method". Those "leftists" scientists are behind everything of worth. The science that comes from religious four tier colleges and universities is a joke. There are no great discoveries. Just "indoctrination".

Look at that idiot saying the Grand Canyon is 17 million years old and mocks evolution. For that moron, education has been destroyed. Worse, that idiot sits in front of the Internet and can easily find the age of the Grand Canyon and how it was created, but they don't. Because their ability to learn has been destroyed by right wing indoctrination. Either you know what I'm saying is true or you to are an idiot attacking because you have nothing else. You can't change reality no matter how you lash out. Republican "belief" destroys education.

The only idiot here whose education has been destroyed, is you...buffoon.

The Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 km) long, up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and attains a depth of over a mile (6,000 feet/1,800 metres). Nearly two billion years of the Earth's geological history have been exposed as the Colorado River and its tributaries cut their channels through layer after layer of rock while the Colorado Plateau was uplifted. While the specific geologic processes and timing that formed the Grand Canyon are subject of debate by geologists, recent evidence suggests the Colorado River established its course through the canyon at least 17 million years ago. Since that time, the Colorado River continued to erode and form the canyon to its present-day configuration.

Grand Canyon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Early River

Geologists know that the canyon and the river had to have formed within the last 80 million years because this is when the sea was last present here. When the landscape was uplifted from this seabed, an initial river system developed and drained to the northeast, exactly opposite to the flow direction of the Colorado River today. The larger geologic setting of the American West at this time reveals that an Andean-type mountain range existed to the southwest of Grand Canyon near the modern-day cities of Las Vegas, Nevada; Kingman, Arizona; and Needles, California. This ancient range is where the ancestors of the Colorado River originated. As strange as this may sound, it is one of the few parts of the Colorado River story that all geologist agree upon.

An Early Canyon?

A new theory published on 2011 contends that this ancient northeast river system carved the Grand Canyon as early as 70 million years ago. Using techniques that can tell how deeply buried the canyon's rocks were at specific time intervals, scientists determined that western Grand Canyon was cut to within a few hundred meters of its present depth 70 million years ago, while eastern Grand Canyon (where most visitors see the canyon) was the site of a gorge of similar proportions to the modern canyon, but cut into Mesozoic-age rocks that are now completely stripped away. This evidence flies in the face of many long held theories that the canyon is only about 6 million years old. The notion that the Grand Canyon could be old is not a completely new idea but the recent research uses more cutting-edge tools to arrive at this conclusion. Look for vigorous debate in the near future regarding this mind-blowing proposal.

Drainage Reversal

Beginning about 17 million years ago, the mountain range that fed the ancient northeast river system was destroyed by faulting, as the Basin and Range was created southwest of Grand Canyon. This is when the San Andreas Fault became active and it helped to rip apart the region that once held the lofty mountains. The through-going northeast drainage system was compromised, diverted or destroyed at this time, but very little evidence for where rivers were going at this time (30 to 17 million years) remains. Perhaps drainages were directed to the developing basins southwest of the Grand Canyon and if so, they might have taken advantage of previously established routes, routes that may have acted as a pre-existing "perforation" on the landscape. Or perhaps the new drainage pattern completely abandoned the old routes and carved new ones to its liking. We may never known because so little evidence remains from this enigmatic period in the canyon's history.

A Recent Colorado River and Grand Canyon

Support for a recent river and canyon comes from the area around the mouth of Grand Canyon (Grand Wash Cliffs) near Meadview, Arizona. The Muddy Creek Formation lies athwart the river's course here but has no recognizable Colorado River sediment within it -- the interpretation is that the river was not in existence while the Muddy Creek Formation was accumulating. The deposit is as young as 6.0 million years and this is where the famous date for the canyon and the river is derived from. Just downstream are definitive Colorado River gravels that came from Grand Canyon and they are preserved beneath the Sandy Point basalt, dated at 4.4 million years. Taken together the evidence suggests that the river here is between 6.0 and 4.4 million years old and geologists have often conflated the age of the river as the age of the canyon. Some geologists think there was no part of the canyon in existence before 6.0 million years ago; others think it took much longer to form it.

As a final note, remember that what constitutes a "beginning" to the Grand Canyon hinges on a definition of what it is. Can its beginning be defined as when the earliest river eroded into any Grand Canyon strata? What if those same rivers sliced into strata now completely gone? What if a river going in the other direction cut the canyon? Would that still be considered Grand Canyon? Or is the definition completely dependent on a canyon being cut by the exact same river we see today. The definition of "beginning" seems to be a moving target and will aid in knowing why this story is so hard to tell. There are so many possibilities with only one large canyon.

Age of the Grand Canyon | How Old is the Grand Canyon

So, the fact of the matter is, no one really even knows for sure how old it is and most estimates as to how old it is are nothing more than mere theories. Wikipedia listed it as being 17 million years old. Whereas, the second article implies it could be anywhere from 80 million years old to 4.4 million years old...idiot! You don't know how old it is so you just plain and simply have no standing to be giving sermons about how it is someone's education is allegedly being destroyed. But, I will give you one thing. You're clearly an arrogant THINKS-he-knows-it-all son-of-a-bitch of biblical proportions who sorely needs put in his place. So, come on...MOUTH, prove the Grand Canyon can't possibly be 17 million years old.

And, as far as evolution? Nothing more than a bunch of contradictory crap. Evolution may be true? However, I simply don't buy that it happened in the manner in which they allege it happened. And, until you come up with the missing link? You just plain and simply haven't got squat to prove your theories of evolution.

P.S. And, oh, as a side note, please notice that in my comments, I said "approximately 17 million". I didn't say it was exactly 17 million years old as I just simply don't buy that anyone can guess exact ages when talking about times spans of such significance.

Last edited:
The Texas Republican Party platform: Creationism, denialism, “health freedom,” and “vaccine choice” all rolled up into one big antiscience ball

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Bill Nye: Teaching kids creationism undermines both them and the U.S. - National Technology

Polls have shown that religious voters in America identify with the Republican party. Many of these voters shun the idea of the separation of church and state, claiming that it is a “myth” or only a one-way street in that religion can shape government policy, but government cannot shape religion. In some circles, this has led to a theocratic worldview. The Texas Freedom Network offered a stunning example of this in June when it analyzed the Texas Republican Party’s platform.

From teaching creationism to Christian nationalism, state Republican platforms embrace right wing Christianity

If you bothered to take the time, you can go state by state, look at their party platform, find out which states are fighting to teach "magical creation" and then, perhaps we can have a discussion. Instead, I bring you this tremendous amount of pertinent information which you refuse to look at then complain I have no proof. If you can't be better informed than that, then stop stalking me. It makes you look, well, you know.........

So I ask you again, do you believe the earth is thousands of years old and the Grand Canyon was created by Noah's Flood? If you say yes, then it would explain a lot. If you say no, then why are you defending the Republican position?

You shouldn't have the right to be indoctrinating anyone into believing your evolutionist crap or anything else through intimidation, guilt and other modes of making one feel inferior. Folks should be free in making their own choices and have available to them the teaching tools which encourages a whole host of possibilities. In school, teachers should no more be allowed to deny a student the right to believe in creationism, little green men from mars created man to, we're just the figment of some alien's imagination, than to deny a student the right to believe in evolution. And, the children shouldn't be chastised, made fun of or otherwise treated as inferior because he/she believes in such a thing. Children should be allowed to consider any possibility it is they so choose as to how the creation of humankind came into being. For instance, many folks believe in a Lost City of Atlantis. I don't believe in such nonsense but, if someone wants to pursue that avenue? They should have available to them whatever historical documentation it is that might be available and, whatever other teaching tools there are which might be available to them which both go towards proving AND disproving its existence which might permit them to pursue such a possibility.

And, when leftists talk about conservatives allegedly denying science and not liking science? On the contrary. When leftists say, "This is how it is and don't you dare question me because the argument is final"? That's a pure and simple crock of shit. It is leftists who are denying science because science in and of itself does not have an end and final answer and, there's always possibilities. It is only scientists (human beings), most likely driven by bias, who appoint themselves the arbiters of deciding when some particular given argument is over and there's no further possibility of a counter-argument. Science, as a philosophy, has no end. The sky is the limit and anything is possible and, no argument is EVER "final" or "over". Science would never say the possibility of life on other planets is "final" or "over". Only people with a bias would say the possibility of life on other planets is "final" or "over". But, science in and of itself will always consider the possibility of life on other planets until such life is discovered, whether it be 20 years from now or, 10,000 years from now. And, if life is finally discovered? Then, it is no longer science but fact and the specific argument as to whether or not life on other planets exists would cease. Then, science would proceed to where that life came from, how it existed, whether life exists on other planets besides the ones of which life has been found on, etc., etc., etc.

And, as to your question? Science estimates the earth is approximately 4 billion years old, give or take a number of years as no one knows EXACTLY how old the earth is and, the Grand Canyon is a result of erosion (wind, water, etc., etc., etc.) of which has transpired over an approximate 17 million years. Now, whether or not something might come along in the future which challenges these estimates? Time will only tell and we'll find that out when that particular time gets here. I know, just in my own time on this planet, several theories regarding this planet and the life on it has evolved quite a bit. What we know today is quite different from what I was taught in school because, at that time, either science just didn't know or, the science was wrong. Since I was in school, there have been untold numbers of different dinosaurs which have been discovered to have existed on this planet, for example. When I was in school, there was no such thing as the dinosaur depicted in the movie Jurrasic Park. However, today, we know such a dinosaur existed. But, we probably wouldn't, if there would have been leftists around telling us the argument is over or "final" that no other types of dinosaurs existed and, if you disagree with me you're "denying science" or "against science".

And, speaking of the Grand Canyon, I can just picture it now. A bunch of leftist cavemen going into panic mode because they think it's the end of the world because the Grand Canyon is eroding and thinking they have to SAVE THE PLANET by preventing its further erosion from global warming. If we would have had the leftists of which exist today and, the technology, equipment and other phenomenon needed to prevent erosion, approximately 17 million years ago, I suspect the Grand Canyon would look very different from what it does today.

Your song:

And, here's your song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4"]Napoleon XIV: 'They're coming to take me away' - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

If you bothered to take the time, you can go state by state, look at their party platform, find out which states are fighting to teach "magical creation" and then, perhaps we can have a discussion. Instead, I bring you this tremendous amount of pertinent information which you refuse to look at then complain I have no proof. If you can't be better informed than that, then stop stalking me. It makes you look, well, you know...
i have bothered to take the time.....your problem Dean is you make a statement like....."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"......most of the righties here just start calling you names instead of asking you to prove your statement ....i get that,i see it.....i ask what you always ask.....back it up.....because i know you cant.....because NO Republican has made a Statement like that......so then you start backpedaling...."well they want to cut the Education budgets.....what else could that mean?".....so a couple of links were shown how something like 25 Democratic Governors are doing it too.....so remember what you told me about that?....."they have reason to do that,the Republicans are doing it to get rid of it"......that's not what you said word for word but its close....so maybe if YOU cant be better informed OR at least Honest....then maybe YOU should stop starting your bullshit threads.....It makes you look, well, you know...

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills

Teaching magical creation along side "real" science destroys education.

I don't know what else to say. You believe teaching stupid is another form of "education", I guess it is. You won. You want "stupid" taught and complain when someone says Republicans want to destroy education.

The same scientific methods that determine the age of the earth and backs education is behind everything "scientific". It's even called the "scientific method". Those "leftists" scientists are behind everything of worth. The science that comes from religious four tier colleges and universities is a joke. There are no great discoveries. Just "indoctrination".

Look at that idiot saying the Grand Canyon is 17 million years old and mocks evolution. For that moron, education has been destroyed. Worse, that idiot sits in front of the Internet and can easily find the age of the Grand Canyon and how it was created, but they don't. Because their ability to learn has been destroyed by right wing indoctrination. Either you know what I'm saying is true or you to are an idiot attacking because you have nothing else. You can't change reality no matter how you lash out. Republican "belief" destroys education.

In fact, why do you think Mitt Romney wanted to bring immigrants with degrees here and cut teachers in this country. He was playing up to the disdain the right has for education and he understands it's easier bringing people already educated here than investing in an ignorant right wing who can't learn. Even is they wanted to, which they don't, they are simply too indoctrinated. Like you.

im indoctrinated?....by whom?.....i dont suck on a parties ass like you do Dean....there lies the difference between me and you.......you cant prove what you said originally,your just dancing all over the place coming up with new shit.....maybe you should talk about something else.....your to Indoctrinated by your Party to discuss this rationally....

Forum List

Back