Alejandro Villaneuve goes to the gulag, confesses his crime for shaming his anti-American teammates.

Yep......even a West Point, Airborne Ranger with a Bronze Star and 3 tours of duty in a combat zone, is crushed by political correctness......to the gulag with this one.....

Steelers' Military Vet Who Stood For Anthem APOLOGIZES: 'I Made My Teammates Look Bad'
That was very gracious. He's not sorry he stood. He's sorry it made his scummy teammates look bad.

No....he is wrong...they made themselves look bad, he was showing them the true example of how they should have behaved...now he gave them cover, and gave the left wing press another chance to attack those who respect this country.

Yep......even a West Point, Airborne Ranger with a Bronze Star and 3 tours of duty in a combat zone, is crushed by political correctness......to the gulag with this one.....

Steelers' Military Vet Who Stood For Anthem APOLOGIZES: 'I Made My Teammates Look Bad'
I think it absolutely sucks that the guy is in this kind of situation. His boss is pissed, his teammates are pissed, and yet people are making him a hero. He's just a guy who wanted to salute his flag. He's ex-military, fffs. HE shouldn't be getting anymore flak than the players taking a knee.
This thing is way out of control.

Thirty minutes ago Villaneuve had all my respect. Now he has none. There was no need for him to apologize. He did not make them look bad, they made themselves look bad.

Now, make no mistake, I fully support their right to protest and I am not offended by it. I do not, however agree with their choice of time and venue. Why not do it after the came, during news conferences and locker room interviews? State your case there, or refuse to attend or be interviewed. That would have more of an impact, IMO.

All that aside, this past weekend's protests were more about Trump and what he said than the social injustices they all profess to be protesting...

I think it absolutely sucks that the guy is in this kind of situation. His boss is pissed, his teammates are pissed, and yet people are making him a hero. He's just a guy who wanted to salute his flag. He's ex-military, fffs. HE shouldn't be getting anymore flak than the players taking a knee.
This thing is way out of control.
Well this is a liberal reaction to bullshit. I say we tell those cock suckers, your welcome as they kneel to us that they live in a country where they aren't killed for their bullshit. Actually whites and blacks died for them to be be able to do their little protest. Which is gonna make them a minimum wage earner.

Thirty minutes ago Villaneuve had all my respect. Now he has none. There was no need for him to apologize. He did not make them look bad, they made themselves look bad.

Now, make no mistake, I fully support their right to protest and I am not offended by it. I do not, however agree with their choice of time and venue. Why not do it after the came, during news conferences and locker room interviews? State your case there, or refuse to attend or be interviewed. That would have more of an impact, IMO.

All that aside, this past weekend's protests were more about Trump and what he said than the social injustices they all profess to be protesting...

Totally agree with your last point.

It's an anti-Trump thing more than anything else. It seems like it's trendy to hate him because the media manipulates people. As far as I'm concerned Trump is dead right about these asshole athletes who make millions to do something KIDS DO FOR FUN and exercise.

The whole NFL has become way too political anyway. It's just a game that people should be entertained by, not having all sorts of causes and bullshit "awareness" propaganda shoved down their throats. I hope the NFL goes bankrupt and Arena Football comes back. It was fast paced, high scoring and no bullshit.

That was very gracious. He's not sorry he stood. He's sorry it made his scummy teammates look bad.

No....he is wrong...they made themselves look bad, he was showing them the true example of how they should have behaved...now he gave them cover, and gave the left wing press another chance to attack those who respect this country.
Meanwhile the quarterback came out today saying he regretted not coming out and standing with him. Go figure.

Sounds like a balanced, decent guy.

Villenueva says he "absolutely" would be OK if teammates kneeled or sat during the anthem.

This guy just went from hero to zero in my book

They will waste no time in cutting him....the Rooney's and Tomlin are Obama lovers

Villanueva fell to peer pressure.

Not such a hero after all.

Pretty disgusting, I say.

A West Point Graduate, who took an oath to protect the Constitution.....an Airborne Ranger, 54 days of Hell right there, a Bronze star, and 3 combat tours in Afghanistan....and it took a group of coddled, pampered millionaires 24 hours to break his will and make him apologize for doing the right thing........his instructors would be ashamed of him.

Forum List

Back