Alcoholism? Rehab? Gimme a Break!

Did you forget the D.C. law I just posted?

4 years appart with a minor and concent no longer matters, if there even was any, which so far seems there was not. Foley is 52...

did you not even read the sentance you quoted in your response
"the age of consent in DC is 16 (i am sure there are nuances to the law)"

what does the law you state even matter if, as you say, there was no sexual behavior.....

It looks like the alcoholism thing didn't wash. There are other congressmen (not rabid Democrats) calling him on it. Looks like he didn't even drink on a regular basis, much less to excess. Even if it was an excuse, it's not even true. So now, his latest excuse is that he was abused as a child...by a priest. What a slimeball.

You don't need to drink on a regular basis to have a problem with alcohol. It's an ancient sterotype. I wish people would stop putting words in the guys mouth. He has accepted responsiblity for what he did and ADDITIONALLY confessed to alcohol abuse and being abused as a child. NOT ONCE has he used either one of these conditions as an excuse for his homosexuality nor having sexual conversations with a young man on the internet.

You don't need to drink on a regular basis to have a problem with alcohol. It's an ancient sterotype. I wish people would stop putting words in the guys mouth. He has accepted responsiblity for what he did and ADDITIONALLY confessed to alcohol abuse and being abused as a child. NOT ONCE has he used either one of these conditions as an excuse for his homosexuality nor having sexual conversations with a young man on the internet.

Dillo, they're all freaked out because it is a very public example of a yet another gay pedophile sexual predator. Musn't remove that particular veil, now, must we? The fact that he is a Republican and therefore a juicy target, must have them in a tizzy. Shine a light on him as a bad Republican, great. Shine a light on him as a gay predator, not so great. What to do...

Dillo, they're all freaked out because it is a very public example of a yet another gay pedophile sexual predator. Musn't remove that particular veil, now, must we? The fact that he is a Republican and therefore a juicy target, must have them in a tizzy. Shine a light on him as a bad Republican, great. Shine a light on him as a gay predator, not so great. What to do...

I understand the reason that the libs want to take the guy (et al) out and the reason that the GOP wants to distance itself from him BUT I'm withholding judgement on the guy until I get more facts. People are flinging around accusations and assumptions that I KNOW to be untrue so I'm holding back a bit on my rush to judgement. While he admits to his homosexuality and problems with alcohol, I think the pedophilia charges are questionable. A 16 year old homosexual male is pretty borderline and the boys' parents have been so hush hush about it all that it makes me wonder how consenting the 16 year old has been through all this.

Dillo Wrote:
He has accepted total responsibilty for his actions, spilled all the beans and resigned from public office. His life is ruined. There's a time to let up on sinners who have confessed, repented and are seeking help.

He accepted total responsibility for his actions after he was caught. Yes, he stepped down immediately - which was the right thing to do. However he is a Republican, of course he resigned - only Democrats get to stay in power and get re-elected after having sex with pages and killing mistresses, etc.

There is a time to forgive sinners, I agree. However - there is also time to be furious at an elected official for being a sick fuck who preys on children...obviously you are moving on to that forgiveness stage...I'm still in the furious stage.

There are hundreds of infamous "sick fucks" who deny to this day that they even did anything wrong. Look how quickly the Libs are done with him.

Do you really want to go with the - "Sure, hes a sick fuck...but look at how many sick fucks THOSE guys have!" defense? I prefer to thinking of myself as better than that. What the Democrats are doing smacks of hypocrisy...I am not going to lower myself to that level.

To them his sin is being a conservative and they plan to "convict" as many as they can to take advantage of his actions. They don't really think what he did was wrong--they think what he did was an opporunity for them.

Let's identify all the "sick fucks" here--especially the ones who won't even admit what they are doing.

I couldn't agree with you more...the Liberals are chomping at the bit to use this and milk it for every possible vote they can get. They have already scrounged the archives for pictures of Foley with Bush...its sad.

But again - I don't think the Republicans should be playing into the Democrats hands so easily. Foley is out - the matter is being investigated. People who knew about Foley doing something illegal should be out as well.

I think when people on BOTH sides of the aisle start to look remarkably stupid is when thy begin to play "look whos got more pedophiles and criminals" with the parties.

Dillo Wrote:

He accepted total responsibility for his actions after he was caught. Yes, he stepped down immediately - which was the right thing to do. However he is a Republican, of course he resigned - only Democrats get to stay in power and get re-elected after having sex with pages and killing mistresses, etc.

There is a time to forgive sinners, I agree. However - there is also time to be furious at an elected official for being a sick fuck who preys on children...obviously you are moving on to that forgiveness stage...I'm still in the furious stage.

Do you really want to go with the - "Sure, hes a sick fuck...but look at how many sick fucks THOSE guys have!" defense? I prefer to thinking of myself as better than that. What the Democrats are doing smacks of hypocrisy...I am not going to lower myself to that level.

I couldn't agree with you more...the Liberals are chomping at the bit to use this and milk it for every possible vote they can get. They have already scrounged the archives for pictures of Foley with Bush...its sad.

But again - I don't think the Republicans should be playing into the Democrats hands so easily. Foley is out - the matter is being investigated. People who knew about Foley doing something illegal should be out as well.

I think when people on BOTH sides of the aisle start to look remarkably stupid is when thy begin to play "look whos got more pedophiles and criminals" with the parties.

I haven't forgiven him. I'm still trying to figure out what he really is guilty of.
We put criminals in jail--not "sick fucks" as evidenced by the members of Congress who are not behind bars. The nature of his acts are what make this mudslinging such a juicy one. The "tolerant" left has scruples you know.:teeth:

did you not even read the sentance you quoted in your response
"the age of consent in DC is 16 (i am sure there are nuances to the law)"

what does the law you state even matter if, as you say, there was no sexual behavior.....

Pretty sure there were emails were he asked kids to come to his house to fool around, I could be wrong though.

Thats a no-no too.

***edited to add no sexual contact need be invloved or proven either***

You're actually at a crossroads here. You can conduct yourself like some kind of slimy mall lawyer, quibbling disingenuously over the meaning of words like "funny", while truth and decency walk away from you in disgust - or you can be a man, step up, and say, "I shot my mouth off about things I didn't understand, in a way that was ignorant and disrespectful, and I was wrong for doing that". This could be a pivotal moment in your life. I'll be watching with great interest.

Whatever...

So far nobody has said anything to give me a different impression of the comment. Maybe it wasn't intended that way, but thats how it came off.

At any rate after sleeping on it I'll admit the more responsible thing would've been to phrase it in a question instead of an accusation, but that wasn't my state of mood that day, thats about it.

Whatever...

So far nobody has said anything to give me a different impression of the comment. Maybe it wasn't intended that way, but thats how it came off.

At any rate after sleeping on it I'll admit the more responsible thing would've been to phrase it in a question instead of an accusation, but that wasn't my state of mood that day, thats about it.

Let's be perfectly clear on this, Redhots. I don't care about any of the rest of your post. The part I take issue with is this:

Redhots said:
You should email him your kids AIM screen name then.

Do you stand behind that, or will you admit that it was an incredibly ignorant and thoughtless thing to say?

Admission that I or We did or said a wrong thing........???
To me will show a persons true values......

It takes a hell of great character in a person to admit that.......

That's, the most honorable thing, that we as humans can do???

Surprisingly enough it was a post in another thread that I was about comment on, telling the person they might want to be carefull how they phrase things considering the subject matter (kids telling people about being molested) that helped me regain some perspective.

You're right. That last line was a pretty low jab and it wasn't well thought out or necessary. I suppose I let myself get caught up in the heat of story.

That being said my initial impression of the comment hasn't changed.

Dr. Grump,
Ummm...Studds and Kennedy come to mind. Congressman Studds had sex with a 17-year old male page, Kennedy drove his mistress off a bridge and then allowed her to drown while he went home and called his lawyer.

My point is, there are disgusting perverts and criminals on both sides, Dr. Grump. What are we getting out of spending so much time trying to figure out which side is worse when we should we worried aboout voting out the corrupt and voting in those who will help change that - whatever side of the aisle they happen to be on?

Dr. Grump,
Ummm...Studds and Kennedy come to mind. Congressman Studds had sex with a 17-year old male page, Kennedy drove his mistress off a bridge and then allowed her to drown while he went home and called his lawyer.

My point is, there are disgusting perverts and criminals on both sides, Dr. Grump. What are we getting out of spending so much time trying to figure out which side is worse when we should we worried aboout voting out the corrupt and voting in those who will help change that - whatever side of the aisle they happen to be on?

:clap:

The only part I don't get is why you are addressing such a money statement to a thick brick.

Forum List

Back