Votes: 7 35.0%
  • marijuana has less harmful effects than alcohol

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • alcohol has no harmful effects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • marijuana has no harmful effects

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think they both suck ... but meh, if people want to use them, as long as they don't drive or place my life in danger, have at it. Though since pot is illegal I wouldn't want to be near one using it.

Alcohol is legal. Pot is not legal. What else is there to say about it? Does smoking pot make you a "bad" person? No but it does make you a criminal.

All clinical trials reveal no signs of THC or any other substance naturally occurring in marijuana being physically addictive. In addition, it is practically impossible to overdose from THC.

The same cannot be said about alcohol

It is impossible to OD on THC. Not hard, not unlikely, impossible.

It is relatively easy OD on alcohol.

Neither should be illegal.

In fact, the government should stay the hell out of the business of telling people what they can do with their own bodies when it comes to this and every issue.

It is impossible to OD on THC. Not hard, not unlikely, impossible.

It is relatively easy OD on alcohol.

Neither should be illegal.

In fact, the government should stay the hell out of the business of telling people what they can do with their own bodies when it comes to this and every issue.

However, pot is too easy to grow and they can't tax it well ... juz sayin. :razz:

I smoked pot for 35 years, stopping a few times to make sure I could pass a stinking piss test. I quit 2.5 years ago to get a job with an airline......... no effect whatsoever except I now smoke more cigars. Of course, I wasn't smoking like I did in college, I would use a "one hitter", a small aluminum pipe that would allow me to smoke a single hit at a time. I controlled the amount of buzz that way. I used it as a great way to concentrate when I would sit for hours drawing golf holes, I did tend to over draw them, I recorded every detail that I saw. I never became bored while smoking, everything had a different freshness to it.

It was always great to listen to music on, you would hear detail you might not notice straight. I remember the first time I actually felt the effects of THC. I was listening to Abbey Road with some friends while smoking pot for the third time ever, I hadn't felt anything before then. I remember telling my friends that it felt like I was in the recording studio with the Beatles (The sound was that much more enhanced), I loved it.

I find it funny that pot would be compared with alcohol, there is absolutely no comparison at all. Alcohol was the worst of all the drugs I tried back when I was experimenting, that included acid. I am lucky in some ways, I don't get addicted to anything. If given a good enough reason I can stop anything I might be doing including the cigars. If that asshole Obama continues to raise the tax on them I will decide to stop smoking all together.
The difference has always been that alcohol was only good for lowering inhibitions, I could never draw or paint after drinking, I was always more productive while smoking. Alcohol is a depressive, pot always accentuated the positives. If I had what seemed like an insurmountable problem, a few "one hits" would usually get me thinking along a path of positive solutions.

Both THC and alcohol effect individuals differently, for me, someone who has tried everything except drugs that you inject into your veins, pot is easily the least harmful and many times helpful as a stress relieving, calming, natural substance. Alcohol, because of it's social acceptance is easily the most dangerous for a variety of reasons. Most don't stop at a beer or a glass of wine, most people drink too much and it catches up to them in a delayed reaction......... once you're drunk there is a period that there is nothing you can do about it. Unfortunately it impairs how one feels and how they feel about their abilities....... that's why there is such a problem with drunk driving. Any sane person would call a cab if they are too drunk to drive, alcohol makes you an insane person that believes that you can actually drive well, even to the point of taking stupid chances that you would never take sober. It also makes a lot of guys think they can kick anybody's ass, including that linebacker you think is staring at your girlfriend. Alcohol will also make your girlfriend help you get into that fight by telling you that you should kick that asshole linebacker's ass for staring at her. The statistics show just how dangerous alcohol is, the health issues are a whole other problem. I have known enough people that have ruined their lives on alcohol including a former girlfriend that couldn't quit until she finally killed herself by slamming into a concrete embankment after losing control of her car near Aspen.

The only problem I've seen with people smoking pot is how slow they drive, kind of like a cell phone user except it's because they are actually concentrating too much. 2 cents from someone with actual experience with both. I don't drink or smoke now, by the way, haven't drank for a long time except for a rare glass of wine or a good beer, very rare. I would start smoking again right now but I am more interested in keeping the benefits I get from my job.

I smoked pot for 35 years, stopping a few times to make sure I could pass a stinking piss test. I quit 2.5 years ago to get a job with an airline......... no effect whatsoever except I now smoke more cigars. Of course, I wasn't smoking like I did in college, I would use a "one hitter", a small aluminum pipe that would allow me to smoke a single hit at a time. I controlled the amount of buzz that way. I used it as a great way to concentrate when I would sit for hours drawing golf holes, I did tend to over draw them, I recorded every detail that I saw. I never became bored while smoking, everything had a different freshness to it.

It was always great to listen to music on, you would hear detail you might not notice straight. I remember the first time I actually felt the effects of THC. I was listening to Abbey Road with some friends while smoking pot for the third time ever, I hadn't felt anything before then. I remember telling my friends that it felt like I was in the recording studio with the Beatles (The sound was that much more enhanced), I loved it.

I find it funny that pot would be compared with alcohol, there is absolutely no comparison at all. Alcohol was the worst of all the drugs I tried back when I was experimenting, that included acid. I am lucky in some ways, I don't get addicted to anything. If given a good enough reason I can stop anything I might be doing including the cigars. If that asshole Obama continues to raise the tax on them I will decide to stop smoking all together.
The difference has always been that alcohol was only good for lowering inhibitions, I could never draw or paint after drinking, I was always more productive while smoking. Alcohol is a depressive, pot always accentuated the positives. If I had what seemed like an insurmountable problem, a few "one hits" would usually get me thinking along a path of positive solutions.

Both THC and alcohol effect individuals differently, for me, someone who has tried everything except drugs that you inject into your veins, pot is easily the least harmful and many times helpful as a stress relieving, calming, natural substance. Alcohol, because of it's social acceptance is easily the most dangerous for a variety of reasons. Most don't stop at a beer or a glass of wine, most people drink too much and it catches up to them in a delayed reaction......... once you're drunk there is a period that there is nothing you can do about it. Unfortunately it impairs how one feels and how they feel about their abilities....... that's why there is such a problem with drunk driving. Any sane person would call a cab if they are too drunk to drive, alcohol makes you an insane person that believes that you can actually drive well, even to the point of taking stupid chances that you would never take sober. It also makes a lot of guys think they can kick anybody's ass, including that linebacker you think is staring at your girlfriend. Alcohol will also make your girlfriend help you get into that fight by telling you that you should kick that asshole linebacker's ass for staring at her. The statistics show just how dangerous alcohol is, the health issues are a whole other problem. I have known enough people that have ruined their lives on alcohol including a former girlfriend that couldn't quit until she finally killed herself by slamming into a concrete embankment after losing control of her car near Aspen.

The only problem I've seen with people smoking pot is how slow they drive, kind of like a cell phone user except it's because they are actually concentrating too much. 2 cents from someone with actual experience with both. I don't drink or smoke now, by the way, haven't drank for a long time except for a rare glass of wine or a good beer, very rare. I would start smoking again right now but I am more interested in keeping the benefits I get from my job.

You sound so cool.

:lol:

How would you know how I sound? Only an alcoholic would think that posing with half of a piss warm pint is cool.

:razz:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I had to look at your name to see if I posted this. I have a very similar story.
When I retire, I'm going to get me a little out of the way place on the Guadalupe river and take up gardening. :cool:

If y'all can't find anything more productive to waste your money on, I"ll take some of it.

BTW, anyone that's smoked pot for 35 years straight damn well *sounds* like they smoked pot for 35 years straight.

If y'all can't find anything more productive to waste your money on, I"ll take some of it.

BTW, anyone that's smoked pot for 35 years straight damn well *sounds* like they smoked pot for 35 years straight.
Different strokes, Dis. I have been gainfully employed since I was 15, that includes a stint in the service in the early 70s. There's a difference between being a druggie whose life is dominated by substance abuse and one who is a productive member of society that just happens to partake in a few joints a day.

Forum List

Back