alcohol recession proof!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Alcohol sales in Idaho are up by 6.5 %!
After Sept 11th they were up 6.3 %
1975 with Oil crisis 11%

Of course this is in liguor stores and beer and wine sales at stores, sales are down at bars and restraurants. I guess people are either drowning their sorrows in alcohol or are staying home to drink. The guy they interview at the Couer d'Alene liguor store said he hasn't seen it this busy since he started working there.

This is from Krem2 news in SPokane.

work at a party barn or brew thur....business is down for us...the prices are going higher both ciggies and beer...people are paying with all change....and shoplifting is up. i dont see either sales going up...both are barely maintaining but we are a small store competing with chains.

well , seems like stayin' lit is a great middle class bailout plan for the recession....

anyone gotta better plan?

well , seems like stayin' lit is a great middle class bailout plan for the recession....

anyone gotta better plan?
I guess they are putting money into the economy! Trying to drink their pains away!

As Prohibition became increasingly unpopular during the Great Depression, especially in large cities, repeal was eagerly anticipated. On March 23, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt signed into law an amendment to the Volstead Act known as the Cullen-Harrison Act, allowing the manufacture and sale of certain kinds of alcoholic beverages.

Yeah financial crisis seems to want to make me people get drunk, like Tom Brokah, sad.

It's always been amazing to me how people who are broke manage to afford cigarettes and booze. Including me back when I was younger and broke all the time.

I've been looking for an excuse to use this one...:beer:

This board has the best smileys!

It's an esthetic choice, I think.

Economic depressions and personal bankruptsies look better viewed through beer goggles.

Hank_Williams_autograph.jpg

There's a tear in my beer
I'm cryin' pourmouth,dear
this 'ol recession's on my mind.
Into these last nine beers
I have shed a million tears.
because i'm so far behind
I'm gonna keep drinkin'
until I'm petrified.
And then maybe these tears
will leave my eyes.
There's a tear in my beer
cause i'm impovershed here
this 'ol recession's on my mind.

yesterday: one 5 buck order ..all in pennies...i am starting to get odd coins etc. as people dip into their "saved change" so far its been 50 cent pieces but then i got dollar coins...gold ones the other day...i havent seen 2 dollar bills yet but they will start coming in soon. also you can tell how poorly the economy is doing by the times people are pulling thur now....construction workers etc....roofers...no one is working full days if they are working.

yesterday: one 5 buck order ..all in pennies...i am starting to get odd coins etc. as people dip into their "saved change" so far its been 50 cent pieces but then i got dollar coins...gold ones the other day...i havent seen 2 dollar bills yet but they will start coming in soon. also you can tell how poorly the economy is doing by the times people are pulling thur now....construction workers etc....roofers...no one is working full days if they are working.

See bones?

Right there, YOU are the eyes of America.

(In liquor stores at least LOL)

Hunting for loose change to buy the Jack Daniels,,,,hope no child went hungry so mommy or daddy could buy their booze though!

Both Prohibition and the Hemp Stamp Tax Act of 1938 were to punk alcohol brewing, when petroleum was a growing industry. Now there's a DEA, prison industry, petroleum, pot clubs, and dealers, all in the way, of industrial hemp and any really good source, of CO2-neutral biomass.

:Boom2: :beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back