Alcohol and Valium Killed Thomas Kinkade

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Los Angeles (CNN) -- Artist Thomas Kinkade's death last month was from an accidental overdose of alcohol and Valium, according to the Santa Clara County, California, medical examiner.

Kinkade, 54, also suffered from hypertensive and atherosclerotic heart disease, said the autopsy report released Monday.

The report cited "acute ethanol and diazepam intoxication" as the cause of death and "accidental" as the manner of death.

Diazepam is a prescription anti-anxiety drug also known as Valium.

Coroner: Alcohol, drug killed Thomas Kinkade - CNN.com

Kinkade was a gifted artist. I don't have any of his paintings, but then I paint myself and I found his paintings a little too cottagey for my taste. But he was still a gifted painter.

This happens more than you know. Alcohol alone in small quantity likely will not kill one. Valium alone in small quantity will likely not kill one. But put the two together and it really doesn't take much. People play with this fire every day not knowing how close they are to meeting their maker.

Kincaide had a long fight with his alcoholism.

He was a truly talented and gifted painter. I too am an artist, and I've always appreciated his work.

Kincaide had a long fight with his alcoholism.

He was a truly talented and gifted painter. I too am an artist, and I've always appreciated his work.

Likely another doctor will be under investigation. I simply do not give benzos to a person who drinks. Most I know do not, either. And there are some real sneaky tests I can do to find out if I think they are and they deny it.

Kincaide did OK with his "painter of light" gimmick but the stuff was just just pop-art. My favorite mad-man artist was Jackson Pollock who turned drunken paint drips into a million dollar operation. He was an alcoholic too and finally drove his car into a tree instead of "accidentally" poisoning himself.

It was bad news for the art world but give a beautiful message that stop smoking and live life.Overdose of smoking cigar and drinking wine is danger for our health. overdose of alcohol and Valium which is going to up your blood pressure and give the heart attack.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Artist Thomas Kinkade's death last month was from an accidental overdose of alcohol and Valium, according to the Santa Clara County, California, medical examiner.

Kinkade, 54, also suffered from hypertensive and atherosclerotic heart disease, said the autopsy report released Monday.

The report cited "acute ethanol and diazepam intoxication" as the cause of death and "accidental" as the manner of death.

Diazepam is a prescription anti-anxiety drug also known as Valium.

Coroner: Alcohol, drug killed Thomas Kinkade - CNN.com

Kinkade was a gifted artist. I don't have any of his paintings, but then I paint myself and I found his paintings a little too cottagey for my taste. But he was still a gifted painter.

This happens more than you know. Alcohol alone in small quantity likely will not kill one. Valium alone in small quantity will likely not kill one. But put the two together and it really doesn't take much. People play with this fire every day not knowing how close they are to meeting their maker.

Of course, nurse/attorney/gifted artist..

only way to kill yourself with v's is to add booze....simple as that

his brother outted him as a boozer and pill head right after he died.....

Forum List

Back