Alcindor/Kareem made it look so easy

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
in his career.

3 titles at UCLA.

A sweep of the Baltimore Bulits in his 2nd NBA season.

Looked bored/non-chalant.

That's why he is not that popular.

Stil the one player I would pick if I had to play a game to 100 for my life.

Airplane was durig Kareems dry spell -

I liked it when he was arrogant, non-chalant, matter-of-fact almost bored eary in his carrer....................

I'd pick Wilt Chamberlain, the only man to score a 100 points in one game.

Wilt did something else no one has ever done...I can't believe I found this...I only reason I knew about it, because I saw him do it live...but when I tell people it really happened, they don't believe me. They say it's never happened! Well folks, it did happen and here's the proof!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps&feature=related]Wilt Chamberlain Blocking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Signature Sky-hook - YouTube[/ame]

Wilt did something else no one has ever done...I can't believe I found this...I only reason I knew about it, because I saw him do it live...but when I tell people it really happened, they don't believe me. They say it's never happened! Well folks, it did happen and here's the proof!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps&feature=related]Wilt Chamberlain Blocking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Signature Sky-hook - YouTube[/ame]

Alcindor scored 51points on Wiltwith his patented sky-hook.

The 2 only played againsteach other for 2 or 3 seasons or so.

Kareem owned him.

Kareem owned him.
It was 2 seasons. Wilt injured his knee, Alcindor's rookie year. Maybe that's why the Bucks won the title?

The next year, Wilt and the Lakers won the title. But Kareem did have one good thing that year, the Bucks were the ones who stopped the Lakers 33 game win streak.

Kareem didn't own Wilt. Wilt blocked Kareem's best shot (twice). Kareem never blocked Wilt's slam dunk. But then, no one could.

BTW, do you know how many times Wilt scored 51 points in a game?

Kareem vs Wilt was a good rivalry -but a short one.

Both of them had their hands full of the Knicks and the Celtics I recall.

Nobody ever blocked the sky hook.

Could score at will.................................................................

Kareem owned him.

C'mon, Wilt was at the end of his career when Alcindor came into the league.

Wilt Chamberlain was a BEAST. He was mean. He was tenacious. And in his early years, he had a helluva mid-range jumpshot (which most people either don't know or don't remember). I stood next to Wilt many times when I was a teenager and used to go to a lot of NBA games when I lived in Phoenix. He was a HUGE man in height and in strength.

Jabbar was a finesse player. He was not a great rebounder. He was not "tough", and was not a particularly good defender. He was tall, but he was not physically imposing like Wilt was.

Wilt would have had Alcindor for lunch in the mid-60s.

Alcindor expected to win 3 NCAA titltle s at UCLA - then goes out and does it.

More pressure than in the NBA.

Nobody ever blocked the sky hook.

Could score at will.................................................................

Obviously they did. The video shows it happening twice.

Could score at will? So you are saying he didn't have the will to score any more than he did?

Because there are 20 different players who have scored more than 60 points in a single game in the NBA.

Only four players have done it in more than one game.
Michael Jordan did it five times (four in O.T).
Kobe Bryant did it five times.
Elgin Baylor has done it four times.

And Wilt Chamberlain did it 32 times. If there was someone who could score at will, it would be Wilt. In addition to his 100 point game he has scored 78 points in a game, and scored 73 points a game in three different games.

Wilt was a scoring machine.

Wilt did the sissy underhand free-throw bit

Did he score? So what is the point of the game? To look tough or to score points?

Maybe Kareem should have gotten Wilt to teach him to shoot better. Kareems highest scoring single game was 55 points. Never scored 60 points in a single game in his entire career. Wilt scored 60 or more 32 times.

I guess your "could score at will" remarks is about as valid as your "nobody ever blocked the skyhook" comment.

Forum List

Back