~Alcatraz~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I have always been fascinated with the escape from Alcatraz story, and now...it's the 50 year anniversary of that famous escape.

They never found any of the 3 bodies.....just other articles.
I like to think they made it off alive....just because they said it couldn't be done ~LoL~

And the fact the men did escape, and no bodies were ever found, the prison shut down 9 months later.....I'd like to visit the prison someday....

'Escape From Alcatraz,' The Rock's Biggest Mystery, Gets Anniversary Attention (PHOTOS)(VIDEO)

I've been there. Very interesting place. Looking at the cells, it's hard to believe that people actually lived in them.

Hey Dabs - a book I suggest, it was a really interesting book about Alcatraz. Well sourced.
Every escape attempt made is written in here, containing just the facts known - and then the theories.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Alcatraz-Definitive-History-Penitentiary-Years/dp/0970461402/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339590173&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Alcatraz: A Definitive History of the Penitentiary Years (9780970461407): Michael Esslinger: Books[/ame]

one of the most creepy places i have ever been....you would be amazed at how small it really is

I was surprised at this as well. However when you consider the size of the Island - how could it be anything but small.
What is fascinating is the conditions the prisoners lived in especially before the 1960's.
There were cells in the winter that barely reached above 60 degrees all winter long.
Plumbing problems, cells that reached 100 degrees during the summer, cells that had constant moisture and mold problems.
No wonder that it's nickname was "hell".

I have always been fascinated with the escape from Alcatraz story, and now...it's the 50 year anniversary of that famous escape.

They never found any of the 3 bodies.....just other articles.
I like to think they made it off alive....just because they said it couldn't be done ~LoL~

And the fact the men did escape, and no bodies were ever found, the prison shut down 9 months later.....I'd like to visit the prison someday....

'Escape From Alcatraz,' The Rock's Biggest Mystery, Gets Anniversary Attention (PHOTOS)(VIDEO)

The Mythbusters did an episode where they built a raft out of the same things the 3 escapees had and they paddled it to land from Alcatraz with little problem, so it kinda makes one think they did possibly survive.

New Topics

Forum List

Back