Album cover "discovery"

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
Grace Slick with her original band and with Jefferson Airplane(Surrealistic Pillow cover photo). In both photos they're standing in front of the same wall at The Matrix, where JA was the house band. You can see the same drawings around their heads and Grace is in almost exactly the same position. I wonder if it was planned that way. Just something I noticed after seeing both photos for about 40 years!!!

gsfcm.gif

Jefferson_Airplane.jpg

White Rabbit: It was even trippier when the GS did it. No singing until 4:40!

Grace Slick and The Great Society(The Matrix, 1966)

I think you'll love this.

My husband and I did Grace years ago. Holy toledo! NOT THAT WAY.

My promo company was going thru the roof and they actually told me I could arrange everything for her. Welcome to the Wrecking Ball. This was awesomeness beyond to me. Even though I've had a few other just heroes to me of rock, Grace meant a lot to me.

She didn't disappoint. I remember planning out exactly what I would wear. And how I would greet her. Already years in rock but her coming in. I idolized her.

And I can honestly say she didn't disappoint.

Here's to one of the first ladies of rock.

BTW yes guys she is that drop dead beautiful. Had to run back in here and let you know.
Killer look. Killer attitude. So relaxed with me she caught me off guard at just how unpretentious she was. My hair had been on fire with a number of players coming in so she was a doll.

Wow! Never heard of this band. The Matrix is one of my favorite movies. I always wondered where they got the white rabbit thing. I assumed it had something to do with Alice in wonderland.

Wow! Never heard of this band. The Matrix is one of my favorite movies. I always wondered where they got the white rabbit thing. I assumed it had something to do with Alice in wonderland.

Oh shit. I'm old.

Fuck off. And take it in a kindly way.

:lmao:

I really am dying laughing here.

Oh shit. I'm old.

Sorry but I wasnt even born yet. :laugh:

Oh shit. I'm old.

Sorry but I wasnt even born yet. :laugh:

And I can go...................

Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end
we'd sing and dance forever and a day

Jefferson Airplane's first girl singer, Signe Toly Anderson.

Jefferson Airplane- Chauffeur Blues

Cute picture w/ Marty Balin

signe-marty1.jpg

Forum List

Back