Albright thought she was third in line for Presidency!

Diuretic said:
manu - not often I get down here but since you want to hop into the gutter, let's roll in the mud.

That "dumb old hag" is one smart woman. Regardless of party affiliation she deserves respect as a former Secretary of State of your country. If you have an argument that is in any way connected to the thread I would be stunned to read it.

You surely cannot be serious! You want respect for a former Secretary of State simply because she held that position (whether we agree she was one smart lady or not) and yet take every opportunity to bash and disrespect the current President ?? I use the term "you" in the royal sense here.

As to her statement about the line of succession...it seems rather trivial and pretty much falls into the "who cares" category at this point in her career.

Diuretic said:
Bill clinton - the last President of the United States who could travel to virtually any country and be mobbed with people being nice to him? That Bill Clinton? Nice bloke. Came here (as an ex-Pres) and was hugely popular.

Ah, them was the days.

America, what have you done?

Bill Clinton? The one Europeans loved because he was "good" for them and bad for America? That Bill Clinton? The one who had/has about as much integrity as a horse thief? A giant ass and not hugely popular in some circles.

Glad those days are gone!

What America did was hold a little revolution and got out from under the Brits so we could run our own country...doesn't matter if it's 'popular' with you Europeans or not!

CSM said:
Bill Clinton? The one Europeans loved because he was "good" for them and bad for America? That Bill Clinton? The one who had/has about as much integrity as a horse thief? A giant ass and not hugely popular in some circles.

Glad those days are gone!

What America did was hold a little revolution and got out from under the Brits so we could run our own country...doesn't matter if it's 'popular' with you Europeans or not!

I ain't European!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I got that out of the way.

Yeah, that America, the one I could look up to, the America that wasn't a big fat pussy. That one. The one with people who weren't scared all the bloody time. The America I could feel welcome in. The America where I could kid my American friends about politics instead of having to bite my tongue all the bloody time. The America where I could admire the application of superior military force for a humane reason. That America. That America isn't gone, she was just sidelined. When tht America is back I will break out the mini (admittedly mini, it was the only one I could get, the others sold out) Old Glory I purchased a few days after 9/11 to show solidarity with America and I will fly her from my roof. But I tell you, not until then.

onthefence said:
I don't have a link yet but Madeine Albright just told Stephen Colbert that she was third in line for the Presidency when in office. I'm actually watching it right now and am appalled at her arrogance. Shouldn't people be given a Constitutional litmus test before being allowed into the Cabinet? I will post a link as soon as I find one.

Current line of succession
Vice-President
Speaker of the House of Representatives
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Secretary of State
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Secretary of Agriculture
Secretary of Commerce
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Health and Human Services
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
Secretary of Transportation
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Veterans Affairs
Secretary of Homeland Security (not yet set by law)

Madame Not-so-Bright would never have become President. Even those who are in line to succeed the President must meet the requirements of the Constitution which includes being a natural born citizen. Seeing as how she was born in Czechoslovakia she could not qualify to be President at all.

ScreamingEagle said:
Madame Not-so-Bright would never have become President. Even those who are in line to succeed the President must meet the requirements of the Constitution which includes being a natural born citizen. Seeing as how she was born in Czechoslovakia she could not qualify to be President at all.

Damnit that means that someone not born in America should not be elected to any of those offices lest they have to take up the position above them on a temporary basis. Why the heck didn't anyone see that? What's wrong with government?

ScreamingEagle said:

I know this. It goes further to show how well she knows the Constitution. This person is a loud opponent of the President. If she is going to take every possible TV moment to bash the President, she should know the Constitution.

Diuretic said:
Damnit that means that someone not born in America should not be elected to any of those offices lest they have to take up the position above them on a temporary basis. Why the heck didn't anyone see that? What's wrong with government?

If she were to come up in line of succesion, she would simply be skipped over for the next person that qualifies. We have no laws that disqualify immigrants for public office, except for the highest office.

onthefence said:
I know this. It goes further to show how well she knows the Constitution. This person is a loud opponent of the President. If she is going to take every possible TV moment to bash the President, she should know the Constitution.

That makes sense. Someone tell her about Google :)

ScreamingEagle said:
I just found this thread and you beat me to this information. When she was in office this was brought up at that time. thanks for getting this info first..

onthefence said:
If she were to come up in line of succesion, she would simply be skipped over for the next person that qualifies. We have no laws that disqualify immigrants for public office, except for the highest office.

Now - OTF this is a non-partisan question and I am not trying to be a smartie, this a fair dinkum question (I don't know the answer) - if the terrible happened and she found herself staring at being the "Acting" (if there is such a status) President, would she be able to occupy that temporary position whilst still being a US Citizen born outside the US? I stress this is not me being a smarty.

Those people who are cheering at the back at the thought of Secretary of State Albright being in the position because the Big Dog went down in an aeroplane crash please stop, the noise is deafening and I can't think <------that's me being a smartarse :salute:

manu1959 said:
ah look the lib gives a pass to the dumb old hag....and justifies it by bashing the president of her country and others.....nice stuff

Yeah, she's a real dummy...care to stack up your education against hers? ;)

Madeleine Albright graduated from Kent Denver high school in 1955. Awarded a B.A. from Wellesley College with honors in Political Science, she studied at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, received a Certificate from the Russian Institute at Columbia University, and her Masters and Doctorate from Columbia University's Department of Public Law and Government. She was also awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Winnipeg in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeline_Albright

Dr Grump said:

Madeleine Albright graduated from Kent Denver high school in 1955. Awarded a B.A. from Wellesley College with honors in Political Science, she studied at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, received a Certificate from the Russian Institute at Columbia University, and her Masters and Doctorate from Columbia University's Department of Public Law and Government. She was also awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of Winnipeg in 2005.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dr Grump said:

She may be intelligent, but that doesn't make her smart. I know professors that can't tie their damn shoes. I remember a Rhodes Scholar that thought that a blow job isn't sex and couldn't seem to grasp the definition of the word "is." She could be the most educated woman in the world, but she still didn't know the line of succession. Knowing the line of succession is important when you are in that line. That was the point of the thread, not her intelligence.

onthefence said:
I don't have a link yet but Madeine Albright just told Stephen Colbert that she was third in line for the Presidency when in office. I'm actually watching it right now and am appalled at her arrogance. Shouldn't people be given a Constitutional litmus test before being allowed into the Cabinet? I will post a link as soon as I find one.

Current line of succession
Vice-President
Speaker of the House of Representatives
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Secretary of State
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Secretary of Agriculture
Secretary of Commerce
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Health and Human Services
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
Secretary of Transportation
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Veterans Affairs
Secretary of Homeland Security (not yet set by law)
Actually she was right, if the President, Vice President, and the Speaker were all killed, Strom Thurmond would have been so shocked that he had finally got the big job he would have had a heart attack and died on the spot. So for all intents and purposes, Albright was third.

Diuretic said:
I ain't European!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I got that out of the way.

Yeah, that America, the one I could look up to, the America that wasn't a big fat pussy. That one. The one with people who weren't scared all the bloody time. The America I could feel welcome in. The America where I could kid my American friends about politics instead of having to bite my tongue all the bloody time. The America where I could admire the application of superior military force for a humane reason. That America. That America isn't gone, she was just sidelined. When tht America is back I will break out the mini (admittedly mini, it was the only one I could get, the others sold out) Old Glory I purchased a few days after 9/11 to show solidarity with America and I will fly her from my roof. But I tell you, not until then.

You sure you aren't European?? You have the same arrogance and display the same hypocracy.

I notice you jumped from Clinton to America...nice leap!

Keep your flag hidden...I prefer that foreigners keep their opinions to themselves anyway.

Forum List

Back