Alberto Gonzales can't find a job

We told you they were torturing and you didn't believe it. You said it was just a few bad apples, and then you threw them in jail and tossed the key away. Bastards!!!

I don't know who your "we" is or when you told me, so I'm going to go with the assumption that you're just so wound up you don't know who you're talking to.

For you to even ask why I would be happy about bad things that happen to these treasonist traitors? :cuckoo:

I didn't think I asked... :tongue: I just said I didn't get it.

Oh you would find this hilarious if it were Janet Reno or Madaline Albright.

I don't know who they are but I don't think I'd be laughing it up like you are at anyone's misfortune, if we can even call it that for Alberto.

It just won't be a part of the stimulus package. Stay tuned to see if he drops the idea entirely. I doubt he will.

only if he's as stupid as you, which i doubt.

"The decision to drop the credit comes as the $775 billion economic stimulus bill takes form on Capitol Hill. Obama is meeting with lawmakers Tuesday to discuss $300 billion in proposed tax relief. He had touted the job-credit plan as one of his chief provisions.

But the tax credit -- conceived to subsidize jobs for businesses that keep or create jobs -- was met with skepticism by both Democrats and Republicans, many of whom said it was unfeasible. Among the strongest opponents were Democrats who said the credit could be easily abused.

The IRS has told previous Congresses that the idea could not be drafted into law because it would be impossible to know which jobs were saved and which were created. It would therefore be difficult to determine which companies should receive the $3,000-per-job credit, according to the IRS."

if he'd shown up for work a couple of times over the past few years, he probably wouldn't have proposed it to begin with.

I guess there's not much call in the private sector for torture proponents (well, maybe he can work for DMV).

Or maybe it is his fault for picking lawyer as a profession. Maybe he should go back to school and get retrained at 50 years of age.

Of course I'm mocking the Republicans on these boards who suggest that the millions of Americans that lost their manufacturing jobs should all go back to school and "suck it up", as they put it.

As if that too wouldn't lower our wages. Can you imagine if every blue collar person went back and got a degree? Then they'd all be out on the market competing for our white collar jobs. Boy would corporations love that. Then they could lower our wages too. And it would be simple S&D. :lol:

"The decision to drop the credit comes as the $775 billion economic stimulus bill takes form on Capitol Hill. Obama is meeting with lawmakers Tuesday to discuss $300 billion in proposed tax relief. He had touted the job-credit plan as one of his chief provisions.

But the tax credit -- conceived to subsidize jobs for businesses that keep or create jobs -- was met with skepticism by both Democrats and Republicans, many of whom said it was unfeasible. Among the strongest opponents were Democrats who said the credit could be easily abused.

The IRS has told previous Congresses that the idea could not be drafted into law because it would be impossible to know which jobs were saved and which were created. It would therefore be difficult to determine which companies should receive the $3,000-per-job credit, according to the IRS."

if he'd shown up for work a couple of times over the past few years, he probably wouldn't have proposed it to begin with.

Wow Del. The guy has an idea that seems to have pretty good intentions and all you can do is dog him.

The GOP gave companies a tax break and just kept their fingers crossed that they'd hire. And they didn't.

Same with the bailout. They just gave them the money and hoped no corruption occured, and it did.

Same with Iraq. Just give them the money and don't ask any questions.

So if the Dems don't think it is a good idea, they'll figure out another way. One thing we know is the GOP encouraged companies to send jobs overseas by giving them tax breaks to do so. That sure wasn't smart. But you'll never admit it. You liked the cheap goods. And you don't think this will ever affect you, so you're cocky about it. I get that.

He seemed to know the housing market was going to collapse before you guys knew it.

And he seemed to know Iraq was a mistake long before it was fact.

And you should be thrilled that Obama isn't getting involved by giving a $3k tax credit. You want less government intervention, right?

He seemed to know the housing market was going to collapse before you guys knew it.

And he seemed to know Iraq was a mistake long before it was fact.

And you should be thrilled that Obama isn't getting involved by giving a $3k tax credit. You want less government intervention, right?

I'm thrilled to death each and every time he bactracks on one of his insane promises! :lol:

Wow Del. The guy has an idea that seems to have pretty good intentions and all you can do is dog him.

The GOP gave companies a tax break and just kept their fingers crossed that they'd hire. And they didn't.

Same with the bailout. They just gave them the money and hoped no corruption occured, and it did.

Same with Iraq. Just give them the money and don't ask any questions.

So if the Dems don't think it is a good idea, they'll figure out another way. One thing we know is the GOP encouraged companies to send jobs overseas by giving them tax breaks to do so. That sure wasn't smart. But you'll never admit it. You liked the cheap goods. And you don't think this will ever affect you, so you're cocky about it. I get that.

how is it a good idea if it's known it can't be implemented?:cuckoo:

last i checked, it was a dem controlled congress that passed the bailouts.

your problem is that you think there's a difference between a republican pol and a democratic one. there isn't.

t

in other words, bobo is too fucking stupid to understand the realities

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Maybe W will give him a job after he retires to his ranch and polishes his cowboy boots off. You know, he could write reasons that water boarding is actually an internationally recognized humanitarian gesture.

My heart is bleeding for him! :lol:

I don't get being jovial about his apparent lack of prospects.

Gonzalez is spending all day being bitter about his miserable experience trying to set policy at the Justice Dept, Bobo is spending all day here being bitter about his miserable experience trying to get a life.

I'm thrilled to death each and every time he bactracks on one of his insane promises! :lol:

So basically you are doing exactly what you accused the Democrats of doing during the worst of the Iraq war. You are wishing that Obama will fail. Now let's see, I think all you republican types said that was unAmerican, correct?

But now that it is on the other foot, it is okay. :clap2:

So basically you are doing exactly what you accused the Democrats of doing during the worst of the Iraq war. You are wishing that Obama will fail. Now let's see, I think all you republican types said that was unAmerican, correct?

But now that it is on the other foot, it is okay. :clap2:

No, but you must accept the fact that in the US of KKKA that's life. You can't be supportive when your opponent is in office. don't expect support when you get the power. That's fair isn't i?.

Forum List

Back