Alberto Gonzales can't find a job

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
How ironic is this? Can't find a job? I thought anyone in America that works hard can make it? :lol:

In the interview, he also said he's writing a book but hasn't yet found a publisher. He also sounded flummoxed by the amount of rancor leveled at his stewardship of the Justice Department, saying he wasn't the one to blame.

"For some reason, I am portrayed as the one who is evil in formulating policies that people disagree with," Gonzales said. "I consider myself a casualty, one of the many casualties of the war on terror."

Gonzales took flak for the apparent political firing of US Attorneys who didn't toe the Bush administration line. It later emerged that his lieutenants had chosen Republicans and spurned Democrats when hiring professional staff.

The Raw Story | Gonzales says he can't find a job

And did you hear Heck of a Job Brownie from Fema/Katrina just had his house saved from a fire in Colorado? That's bullshit. They should have let his house burn!!!

MyFox Colorado | Fmr. FEMA Head Mike Brown Evacuated During Boulder Fire

How ironic is this? Can't find a job? I thought anyone in America that works hard can make it? :lol:

In the interview, he also said he's writing a book but hasn't yet found a publisher. He also sounded flummoxed by the amount of rancor leveled at his stewardship of the Justice Department, saying he wasn't the one to blame.

"For some reason, I am portrayed as the one who is evil in formulating policies that people disagree with," Gonzales said. "I consider myself a casualty, one of the many casualties of the war on terror."

Gonzales took flak for the apparent political firing of US Attorneys who didn't toe the Bush administration line. It later emerged that his lieutenants had chosen Republicans and spurned Democrats when hiring professional staff.

The Raw Story | Gonzales says he can't find a job

And did you hear Heck of a Job Brownie from Fema/Katrina just had his house saved from a fire in Colorado? That's bullshit. They should have let his house burn!!!

MyFox Colorado | Fmr. FEMA Head Mike Brown Evacuated During Boulder Fire

You're really gonna miss this administration--you won't have a damn thing to talk about. :lol:

You're really gonna miss this administration--you won't have a damn thing to talk about. :lol:

Oh no. It wasn't just this administration. It was the entire GOP.

The K Street Project is an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

In the next few years, more attention is going to be given to these stories. Like deleting white house emails, or politicizing the justice dept. Do you think all those ignored sobpoenas by Harriet Myers and Rove will continue to go ignored under Obama?

No, years and years of facts are going to come out in the next few years. And now they will be Obama people appointed to those agencies, so we can see what the Bush appointees exactly did. And it'll be Obama's US Attornies that do the investigating. Hopefully a lot of news breaks before the 2010 & 2012 elections. That is how your side plays it, right? Oh we learned from you alright.

I think we'll find out for certain that the GOP let 9-11 happen, the GOP did steal the last two elections, sent anthrax, spied on their political enemies, purposely sent jobs overseas to lower wages, played politics with soldiers lives, encouraged illegal immigration and the bank bailout was nothing more than a bankrobbery.

There are already books written. Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein Desaster Capitalism. The Prosecution of GW Bush for murder.

And Bush couldn't have done it alone. He needed Congress. Look how many times he vetoed Tom Delay's congress. ZERO TIMES! GUILTY!!!! Collusion!!!

We already know they lied us into the war. I don't think its a stretch to believe that they purposely prolonged the iraq war so they could milk the treasury. Lets see, we know Chaney gave a speech in the 90's of how hard it would be to invade Bagdad, yet in 2002 said it would be easy and Iraq oil would pay for itself, but why take Iraq oil away from Shell when the American people are more than happy to be paying the $10 billion a month. Let Exxon keep the oil profits!!! Congress allowed that. And once we elected the Dems in 2006, the GOP used the media to accuse the Democrats of "not supporting the troops". (this i want to see if/what obama does anything about or not)

We know they lied about WMD's. We know Bush was warned of 9-11 and we know Chaney had control of NORAD on 9-11. We even know that they lied about progress until that last surge in the 08 election year. When the GOP had control of all three branches of government, they just pretended things were going swell. When they had to answer to the Democrats, they played politics with soldiers lives.

Fuck the GOP!!!

No one has put the dots together because the media has been purchased by the right.

But now the power has switched hands. Sure the GOP appointed only lobbyists (see K street project). Sure they stacked the supreme court. Sure they created laws in the dark of night and sure it'll take us years to find all those loopholes. Sure they already bankrupted the country so now for sure Social Security won't be there for me.

They proved government is the problem! That's why they should never run any branch of government ever again.

Get rid of the wedge issues and the GOP would only represent 10% of Washington. This is why I hope Libertarians take some of the GOP's jobs. They'd be easier to work with.

bobo is frothing at the mouth..

Well if this doesn't tell you something about whether or not there will be investigations into what exactly the GOP did to this great country the last 8 years, nothing will.

No law firm will TOUCH Alberto Gonzales. Could it be because of his terrible memory? "I don't recall"

No, its probably because they don't want to work with a liar.

He lied for and defended the most unlawful administration in US History.

And I find it GREAT that he's crying foul now. After Bush threw him under the bus. Made him look like the jackass. Love it!!! Reminds me of what they did to Powell.

I'm sure Alberto will either get another job or get a book deal or both. If not he's probably rich enough it doesn't matter anyway. I don't get being jovial about his apparent lack of prospects.

I'm sure Alberto will either get another job or get a book deal or both. If not he's probably rich enough it doesn't matter anyway. I don't get being jovial about his apparent lack of prospects.

And I didn't get that shit eating grin he had on his face when he was testifying for congress.

He was an embarrassment to the US.

And no one wants his book. Not unless he's willing to tell the truth. Is he? Like Scott McClellan?

I hope these guys rot in hell, let alone not find work. Guys like him cost people their lives. He defended torture.

Remember those Privates who went to jail for torture at Abu Grabe? For that, I wish the worst for guys like Alberto, Chaney, Rumsfeld and Bush. They ruined peoples lives!!!! They gave the order but back then they denied giving the order. So that woman who was on tape torturing went to jail. So did others who were low on the food chain!

We told you they were torturing and you didn't believe it. You said it was just a few bad apples, and then you threw them in jail and tossed the key away. Bastards!!!

For you to even ask why I would be happy about bad things that happen to these treasonist traitors? :cuckoo:

Its also ironic huh? All you right wingers telling us that we are just whiners if we can't find good jobs, and here is one of your own, highly qualified and great connections, and even he can not find work.

This is a ringing endorsement of GW Bush's presidency. His former cabinet can't even find work.

Oh you would find this hilarious if it were Janet Reno or Madaline Albright.

I heard if you pour a little baking soda on it, it'll bring down the froth!

Its also ironic huh? All you right wingers telling us that we are just whiners if we can't find good jobs, and here is one of your own, highly qualified and great connections, and even he can not find work.

This is a ringing endorsement of GW Bush's presidency. His former cabinet can't even find work.

Oh you would find this hilarious if it were Janet Reno or Madaline Albright.

did you know your chosen idiot has dropped his "tax credit" for hiring Americans from his bailout plan??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

did you know your chosen idiot has dropped his "tax credit" for hiring Americans from his bailout plan??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No. Why is that a good thing?

I'll be so pissed if the Dems don't bring jobs back home.

At least take away the tax breaks the GOP gave companies that went overseas.

Just watch. He has big plans and I doubt you know half of them.

No. Why is that a good thing?

I'll be so pissed if the Dems don't bring jobs back home.

At least take away the tax breaks the GOP gave companies that went overseas.

Just watch. He has big plans and I doubt you know half of them.

your chosen idiot was going to do just that. give tax credits to companies that hired americans and the democrats didn't like it. so he dropped it. feel the feet on yer neck?

your chosen idiot was going to do just that. give tax credits to companies that hired americans and the democrats didn't like it. so he dropped it. feel the feet on yer neck?

I'm not ready to assume Obama is going to work as hard against us as the GOP did the last 8 years.

Just put your panties back on and give it a minute.

I guarantee you on Jan 21st you're going to be blaming Obama for everything that happens.

Every president gets a god damn honeymoon. Everyone except Clinton. So back the fuck off.

And by the way, got any proof that Obama is now not going to give companies a tax break for hiring Americans?

And I doubt you fully understood everything you read.

I'm not ready to assume Obama is going to work as hard against us as the GOP did the last 8 years.

Just put your panties back on and give it a minute.

I guarantee you on Jan 21st you're going to be blaming Obama for everything that happens.

Every president gets a god damn honeymoon. Everyone except Clinton. So back the fuck off.

And by the way, got any proof that Obama is now not going to give companies a tax break for hiring Americans?

And I doubt you fully understood everything you read.

Damn straight I will. It will be on his watch.

Here bobo.

Obama Pulls Job-Credit Plan From Stimulus Bill

President-elect Barack Obama has dropped the business tax credit from his stimulus bill.

Democratic sources told FOX News that the $3,000-per-job credit -- a key component of Obama's economic proposal during the presidential campaign -- will not be part of the stimulus plan.

Obama Pulls Job-Credit Plan From Stimulus Bill - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Bobo's a classic partisan. The deepest he can think is my side good--other side bad.

I guess there's not much call in the private sector for torture proponents (well, maybe he can work for DMV).

Forum List

Back