Albert Camus

A.I. Memories: Brainiac

What would Camus say about A.I. (Artificial Intelligence)?

Philosophers who analyze A.I. theories talk about the intellectual implications of re-creating human consciousness. They ask questions such as, "Would a conscious robotic species wish to serve humanity or defect and seek independence?"

The human mind is partially focused on categorizing and valuating stored perceptions (or memories). When the Polaroid instant camera was first invented, consumers were very happy about being able to instantly produce photos while on-the-go. Polaroids catered to a human interest in recording and distributing recorded perceptions/observations (or memories).

If a hypothetical A.I. robotics species made their own types of instant cameras and photos, what would Camus say about the absurdity of replicating memories?

:afro:

Instant Camera

polaroid.jpg

He would say there is nothing absurd for machines. 'Artificial' intelligence is obviously something expressly and consciously made by man. At most, it is merely an extension of the human existential situation. Nothing new has been added.

Philosophy of Solubility: Absurdism Antecedents

There is an intriguing extrapolation of absurdism that is explored in "The Stranger" (Camus) in terms of social meaning and communication anthropology:

If I imagine that an object's reflection seen in a hypothetical 'funny-mirror' appears smaller but with the same shape and proportions as the reference object reflected, I can posit that (perhaps imaginary) mirror-axes of symmetry can (in theory) create dimensions that are proportionally equivalent but different in scale. In "The Stranger" (Camus), we find characters roaming around society and contemplating the social value of communicating/conveying perspectives on pure similarity (rather than congruence).

If objects in the real world have quantifiable relational values and connections based purely on similarity rather than congruence, then absurdism raises interesting questions about observations of solubility and how they are relevant to analysis (or understanding) of interaction (and compatibility).

An interesting modern-era pop culture avatar that represents social fascination with solubility and compatibility is Sandman (Marvel Comics), a super-villain who can shape-shift because his body is comprised entirely of sand. Sandman encourages readers to contemplate the social meaning of metamorphosis.

How does Sandman motivate us to assess the applicability of metamorphosis themes to "The Stranger" (Camus)? What does absurdism tell us about the relationship between solubility and metamorphosis?

Such questions perhaps illuminate the academic value of comparing Camus to Kafka.

The Metamorphosis (Kafka)

sandman.jpg sandman (2).jpg

Perception Potluck

Camus' approach to philosophy and his work with absurdism and its applications to nihilism can potentially serve as a blackboard method for understanding obsession, paranoia, and demoralization.

Why does Hollywood (USA) plan movies such as "Suicide Squad" (Jared Leto)?

Is there something in human nature that creates a natural curiosity about certainty?

Black Manta (New Earth Comics)

image.jpg

Forum List

Back