Alaska's Two Top Newspapers question Palin's fitness

This is not as true as it once was. The Internet means that we have many more sources of information. This includes a measure of original source material, aside from blogger spin on mainstream news.

In the Georgia situation, for instance, relying on the MSM would lead you to believe "Russia bad, Georgia good." But there are alternative sources showing the opposite, and the reasons for that.

And I even used to BE a journalist, and I know from very personal experience that they are EXTREMELY liberal and will labor to CENSOR information that does not fit their agenda. So, I may not know what that precise information is, but I know there's a likelihood I'm not getting the full story.

I don't understand how it is a liberal media, or what you mean by that. I'd say the media was very conservative towards Clinton.

And were they "liberal" on the wmd story? If you mean pussies, gullable and lazy, yes they were. But they certainly weren't liberal when they talk about alberto gonzo, scooter, how the bush regime has done 52 impeachable
offenses, 8 us attorney firings, deleting white house emails, habius corpus...

basically, I heard so many things on my liberal stations so I know the mainstream isn't telling you what a liberal station would be telling you.

rich station owners who bought up the media in 1997 after clinton deregulated the industry now set the agenda. it was a silent coup. Of course they are subtle about it.

But if you know the facts from 1997 to now, you know the media is no longer liberal. it serves the gop and certainly corporate america.

do you deny that? be honest.

Drip....drip....drip...this canidate is looking more like a disaster every minute! More evidence that at the very least she lied! Read whole article though.

Talking Points Memo | Getting Real About Palin

Nah, I doubt anything will come of this. She probably just wanted to get someone fired, but I bet she didn't do anything illegal. I wouldn't read too much into it.

More hilarious is that fact that Republicans put someone who is just as theocratic as Mike Huckabee on the ticket, but with a fraction of his experience.

McCain wanted Lieberman, but the theocrats made him pick Palin.

Good times.

2 Top Alaska Newspapers Question Palin's Fitness

snip...

For the past 24 hours, the pages and web sites of the two leading papers up there have raised all sorts of issues surrounding Palin, from her ethics problems to general lack of readiness for this big step up. ........

A reporter for the Anchorage daily, Gregg Erickson, even did an online chat with the Washington Post, in which he revealed that Palin's approval rating in the state was not the much-touted 80%, but 65% and sinking -- and that among journalists who followed her it might be in the "teens." He added: "I have a hard time seeing how her qualifications stack up against the duties and responsibilities of being president.... I expect her to stick with simple truths. When asked about continued American troop presence in Iraq, she said she knows only one thing about that (I paraphrase): no one has attacked the American homeland since George Bush took the war to Iraq."

His paper found a number of leading Republican officeholders in the state who mocked Palin's qualifications. "She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Lyda Green, the president of the State Senate, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?"

Another top Republican, John Harris, the speaker of the House, when asked about her qualifications for Veep, replied with this: "She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen."

Greg Mitchell: 2 Top Alaska Newspapers Question Palin's Fitness

85% of the people in Alaska seem to like her. Hmmm! That's alot of Democrats I would think.

Then she lied. This is beginning to smell more and more like Eagleton. She would not even carry her own state?

The "gimmick" pick may be beginning to unravel.

I guess an 80% approval rating has nothing to do with whether or not she would carry her own state? I think I will trust the people of Alaska over two journalists.

I guess an 80% approval rating has nothing to do with whether or not she would carry her own state? I think I will trust the people of Alaska over two journalists.
the point they keep missing is that she has excited the conservative base
people who were either going 3rd party of staying home are now going to vote

Forum List

Back