Alaska Sen Ted Stevens indicted...

FOXNews.com - Sen. Ted Stevens Indicted, Charged With Making False Statements in Corruption Probe - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

The probe has ensnared more than a half dozen public officials, lobbyists and business leaders.

Investigators estimate the value of the material provided to Stevens to be $250,000.
Officials also allege he falsified his disclosure statements between 1999 and 2006, and possibly longer, to cover up his gains.
VECO's requests included funding and other aid for the oil services company's projects and partnerships in Pakistan and Russia. It also included federal grants from several agencies — as well as help in building a national gas pipeline in Alaska's North Slope Region, according to the indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Washington.

LET ME SAVE THE NEO CONS FROM HAVING TO RESPOND. I KNOW, IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL AND THEY ALL DO IT. WAWAWAWA!!!:eusa_shhh:

LET ME SAVE THE NEO CONS FROM HAVING TO RESPOND. I KNOW, IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL AND THEY ALL DO IT. WAWAWAWA!!!:eusa_shhh:

Let me save them some time, too.

Senator Ted Stevens is obviously a liberal, just like Bush is becoming, now, according to some of the truly most demented neo-cons fruitcakes on this board

Not sure... Seems to me that the people of Alaska want to drill, I know the governor does. I bet it will be hard for them to vote for a party who is dead set against it.

why isn't it up to the state to decide to drill or not? maybe a stupid question, but i dont see why the federal govt needs to tell a state what to do with their land

why isn't it up to the state to decide to drill or not? maybe a stupid question, but i dont see why the federal govt needs to tell a state what to do with their land

Because the federal government owns most of the land in Alaska.

People in Alaska get something like $3K a person from the oil companies. Yea, that state is Red as hell and won't be voting Blue anytime soon.

As a later poster said, the feds own most of the land. Quite besides the point though when addressing offshore drilling. The state has a very limited number of miles offshore, then the fed kicks in.

Let me save them some time, too.

Senator Ted Stevens is obviously a liberal, just like Bush is becoming, now, according to some of the truly most demented neo-cons fruitcakes on this board

I actually wouldn't have known what party he was from without looking if all the wingnuts weren't creaming their pants in this thread over it.

Apparently the guy's a criminal. If he's guilty, he should face the consequences of his actions just as everyone else should.

No doubt.:rolleyes:

Bet you don't think that's kind of sick either ....:eusa_eh:

Bet you didn't know that that was an old Mike Myers line...

dieter5.jpg

I actually wouldn't have known what party he was from without looking if all the wingnuts weren't creaming their pants in this thread over it.

Valid point.

Apparently the guy's a criminal. If he's guilty, he should face the consequences of his actions just as everyone else should.

He's POS. I'm sorry, but after the "I'll resign from this body" speech, he can stuff it. Subjecting the American people to that BS should have been the crime. Bye bye, scum bag.

adn.com | alaska : Stevens says he'll quit if bridge funds diverted

I'm gonna vote Repub.

If this guy is guilty, and he took money from big oil, I hope they give him the max penalty.

I'm not rejoicing. I think it's sad, but this crap has got to stop.

'sides, it won't be long till a Dem is indicted for the same thing.

It seems to be endemic.

Forum List

Back