Alaska Repub's solution to homelessness

It's hard to believe but there is quite a few homelessness in alaska. It's not like we don't do anything. Homeless shelters have been built, but they go in steal the sheets and go into the woods to make their own tents. It's a mental illness here along with alcoholism. What do you do for people who don't want help besides money for drugs or alcohol? And while not all homeless in alaska are alcoholics. Their is more then what this article states. I have seen frozen homeless people in snow drifts walking my dog. On Sundays they walk from church to church eating all the refreshments donuts and what ever. Most love it the ones I spoke to get excited when they are issued a panhandling license. They don't want work or a home when everything is provided for them. Maybe when the winter gets bad enough the wolves will come down from fort Richardson and scare the hell out of the homeless so they start to do something to improve their situation!

http://www.adn.com/article/20150120...nd-dependent-anchorages-fraying-and-expensive

Forum List

Back