Alaska Media Reports Dan Sullivan to Increase GOP Lead in Senate

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The Juneau Empire claims Sullivan “has the ball and a 2 touchdown lead”. And, it appears that an INDEPENDENT will become Alaska's next governor.

That leaves only the Landrieu race in Louisiana to decide the margin of GOP control in the senate.

Does that mean a veto-proof congress? Think about it. 54 GOP plus 2 Independents means they only need FOUR Democrats to overturn any veto in the Senate and we already know it's more than possible in the House.

Will King Barry continue to try to rule by decree?

Read more @ Alaska media Dan Sullivan likely to be the 53rd GOP senator next year Hot Air

Even The Washington Post Thinks Mary Landrieu Is A Gone Girl @ Even The Washington Post Thinks Mary Landrieu Is A Gone Girl The Hayride

A two-thirds majority is required to override a presidential veto, genius. You must be thinking of the number of votes needed to avoid a filibuster, 60.

Okay, it needs 67 votes.

54 GOP plus 2 Ind = 56 so only 11 Dems are needed. I have a hunch they won't be hard to find on certain items - especially when they're facing 2016.

Okay, it needs 67 votes.

54 GOP plus 2 Ind = 56 so only 11 Dems are needed. I have a hunch they won't be hard to find on certain items - especially when they're facing 2016.

You need 2/3rds in each chamber...meaning 286 votes in the House. They're well short in both.

Edit- also it's extremely likely that the GOP will win the Alaska Senate seat.

Okay, it needs 67 votes.

You need 2/3rds in each chamber...meaning 286 votes in the House. They're well short in both.

So, do you think Obama has the juevos to veto a lot of bills landing on his desk?

Okay, it needs 67 votes.

There are only 10 Dems up for re-election in the Senate in 2016. Reid is probably the only one in danger of losing his seat.

But, back to the main thread - which I was responsible for letting stray.

It appears Alaska is going to be unique with an Independent governor. Wonder what effect that will have in future elections?

There are only 10 Dems up for re-election in the Senate in 2016. Reid is probably the only one in danger of losing his seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reid retires.
Makes sense if he doesn't want to go out with an embarrassing defeat. He would have lost in 2010 if he wasn't matched up with one of the worst candidates of all time.

Well, he's already moved up from being the poor country bumpkin of Searchlight and has bought himself a nice, humble little cottage in the Las Vegas area.

Forum List

Back