Alaska is Russia

U.S. could solve many of their financial and political problems if it decided to sell Alaska back to Russia.
A price of $ 1 trillion, should be enough for you. And the profit from the transaction of $ 7.2 million invested Seward put even Carlyle Group shame.
And most importantly, we would be close to the Canadians, Americans, would have been neighbors forever, and would be gone hostility and freshness in our relationship.

:cuckoo:
I guess you didn't know about the oil production, and oil reserve we have up there. Might want to raise the ante just a tad there, buckwheat :lol:

To be honest...Canada would have more claim to Alaska then anyone.

Canada would just give it over to Seal-Clubbing Eskimos.

My point is that I don't think the USA should be imposing our ethics on Japan. However, if Japan was so unwise as to hunt whales to extinction then I'd expect a serious decline in Toyota sales in the USA.

Would you expect a decline in sales enough to warrant government intervention in those Toyota sales?

I don't think Toyota is too big to fail.....unless they were into building huge gas-guzzlers.....or at least had the image that they were.

Buy the way...it should be obvious to anyone [except liberals] that the takeover of GM and Chrysler was just a ploy to get rid of Hummers and other SUVs.

Toyota is pretty big. I gently disagree that getting rid of Hummers and SUVs was the motive though. The motive was to prevent bankruptcy and reoganization that could defang the union. They used the ploy to get it done by saying they couldn't allow GM and Chrysler to go bankrupt because the economy couldn't take it, and then of course allowed that to happen anyway but in a way that they could reorganize with the union stronger and more in control than ever. If there has been an impeachable offense committed by this administration, that was it, but there is probably no way to prosecute or it would take too long to build the case.

Meanwhile, Ford, who refused to be part of all of that, is beginning to recover as GM and Chrysler would have done if the government had stayed out of it.

Would you expect a decline in sales enough to warrant government intervention in those Toyota sales?

I don't think Toyota is too big to fail.....unless they were into building huge gas-guzzlers.....or at least had the image that they were.

Buy the way...it should be obvious to anyone [except liberals] that the takeover of GM and Chrysler was just a ploy to get rid of Hummers and other SUVs.

Toyota is pretty big. I gently disagree that getting rid of Hummers and SUVs was the motive though. The motive was to prevent bankruptcy and reoganization that could defang the union. They used the ploy to get it done by saying they couldn't allow GM and Chrysler to go bankrupt because the economy couldn't take it, and then of course allowed that to happen anyway but in a way that they could reorganize with the union stronger and more in control than ever. If there has been an impeachable offense committed by this administration, that was it, but there is probably no way to prosecute or it would take too long to build the case.

Meanwhile, Ford, who refused to be part of all of that, is beginning to recover as GM and Chrysler would have done if the government had stayed out of it.

This is no surprise. Liberals....and the government in particular....not knowing dick about how to run a company because few of them have....is there any surprise GM and Chrysler still are having great difficulty.

I contend that this has all been a setup....and Obama's demeanor...his obvious lack of concern...has shown me that they not only wanted the economy to collapse but encouraged it with their words and possibly by their actions.

This is no surprise. Liberals....and the government in particular....not knowing dick about how to run a company because few of them have....is there any surprise GM and Chrysler still are having great difficulty.

I contend that this has all been a setup....and Obama's demeanor...his obvious lack of concern...has shown me that they not only wanted the economy to collapse but encouraged it with their words and possibly by their actions.

Hmmm. Well I can't agree that liberals don't know dick about running a company because a whole bunch of them do. Certainly Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, and other trendy yuppie concepts have been quite successful. And I don't know what their ideological philosophy is, but many big corporations that are fully in bed with the government are headed by big Democrat supporters.

I do agree that capitalism and do-it-yourself prosperity is anathema to many liberals which is why so few are pro-business. And real, grass roots sustainable growth has come from the private sector employing conservative principles.

I am still reserving judgment re Obama's motives, but I am beginning to lean in the direction that he is intentionally stifling the economy until he gets his healthcare initiative through this month if he can. And perhaps cap & trade. Then he may do something smart to jump start the economy so that it is showing marked improvement just before the November elections on the theory that better economic news will make us sheep out here forget about how angry we are about their healthcare takeover and the cap/tax and trade boondoggle.

Hmmm. Well I can't agree that liberals don't know dick about running a company because a whole bunch of them do. Certainly Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, and other trendy yuppie concepts have been quite successful. And I don't know what their ideological philosophy is, but many big corporations that are fully in bed with the government are headed by big Democrat supporters.

I do agree that capitalism and do-it-yourself prosperity is anathema to many liberals which is why so few are pro-business. And real, grass roots sustainable growth has come from the private sector employing conservative principles.

I am still reserving judgment re Obama's motives, but I am beginning to lean in the direction that he is intentionally stifling the economy until he gets his healthcare initiative through this month if he can. And perhaps cap & trade. Then he may do something smart to jump start the economy so that it is showing marked improvement just before the November elections on the theory that better economic news will make us sheep out here forget about how angry we are about their healthcare takeover and the cap/tax and trade boondoggle.

Ben & Jerry aren't in Congress...I thought I made that point crystal clear. Sorry about the confusion.

The problem is most of these numb-nuts don't know how to run a business and they're running this country like a bunch of grabasstic retards.

Bill Walker is expanding his campaign for governor beyond his promotion of an “All-Alaska’ natural gas pipeline from the North Slope to Valdez.

The Republican candidate is now using his campaign office to promote a ballot initiative seeking to make it illegal for teens to get an abortion without telling their parents. He put out a statement this afternoon saying "I often speak with urgency about strengthening Alaska's economy. But today I speak with urgency about strengthening Alaska's families."

In Alaska today, a child cannot receive an aspirin in school or go on a field trip without a parent’s permission.

Your concerns about sexual predators are valid, but you have not done your homework.

The bill allows a minor who is a victim of abuse by her parent or guardian to get an abortion without notice or consent.

The bill also allows the minor to go to court to authorize an abortion without giving notice to her parent or guardian. The minor could ask the court to excuse her from school to attend the hearings and to have the abortion. The court could direct the school not to tell the minor's parent or guardian of the minor's pregnancy, abortion, or absence from school.

Forum List

Back