Alan West for VP

Let's be honest for a minute......Alan West is black and Republicans don't nominate blacks

Well, that's the talking point...but not reality. Here's a list of over 100 Black Americans who have worked in a direct, professional capacity in politics:

List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could be wrong, but I bet the NBRA (National Black Republican Association) would have some members that disagree with your assertion:

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

And last but not least, a list of 2010 Black Republicans, all of whom were NOMINATED:

2010 Black GOP Candidates

But hey, why speak the truth when bullshit rhetoric is so much more fun?

In 75 years Republicans have elected just six Blacks to higher office. Yes, just six. Five as Congressmen, one as a Senator. None as Governor, President or Vice President

That is the base that West has to run in. They love to trot out blacks and say....See? We have blacks too!

But they don't actually elect them

Hey, nice backtrack there. You said nominate...now it's elect. Trouble keeping your bullshit straight? Well I'm shocked...:eusa_eh:

Why limit it to the last 75 years? Something you don't like about the past? There have been at least three Black Republican Senators:
  1. Hiram Revels, elected in 1870 to the U.S. Senator as a Republican from Mississippi.
  2. Blanche Bruce -- elected in 1875 as a Republican from Mississippi. Served until 1881.
  3. Edward Brooke -- A Massachusetts Republican, served between 1967 and 1979.

And there was a Black Republican Governor - Pinckney Pinchback, who served as Republican governor of Louisiana in 1872 after the previous governor was impeached.

Also, I recall in 2010 that Jennifer Carroll was elected Lieutenant Governor of Florida. Michael Steele was Lieutenant Governor of Maryland before heading the RNC. Lynn Swan was nominated on the Republican ticket for Pennsylvania's Governorship. He lost but I'm pretty sure it was Democrats that voted against him. Secretary of State Colin Powell may not have been elected, but that's a pretty big job...for a black guy of course! Is Connie Rice Black?

Anyway, nice dodge. Coward.

Well, that's the talking point...but not reality. Here's a list of over 100 Black Americans who have worked in a direct, professional capacity in politics:

List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could be wrong, but I bet the NBRA (National Black Republican Association) would have some members that disagree with your assertion:

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

And last but not least, a list of 2010 Black Republicans, all of whom were NOMINATED:

2010 Black GOP Candidates

But hey, why speak the truth when bullshit rhetoric is so much more fun?

In 75 years Republicans have elected just six Blacks to higher office. Yes, just six. Five as Congressmen, one as a Senator. None as Governor, President or Vice President

That is the base that West has to run in. They love to trot out blacks and say....See? We have blacks too!

Hey, nice backtrack there. You said nominate...now it's elect. Trouble keeping your bullshit straight? Well I'm shocked...:eusa_eh:

Why limit it to the last 75 years? Something you don't like about the past? There have been at least three Black Republican Senators:
  1. Hiram Revels, elected in 1870 to the U.S. Senator as a Republican from Mississippi.
  2. Blanche Bruce -- elected in 1875 as a Republican from Mississippi. Served until 1881.

And there was a Black Republican Governor - Pinckney Pinchback, who served as Republican governor of Louisiana in 1872 after the previous governor was impeached.

Also, I recall in 2010 that Jennifer Carroll was elected Lieutenant Governor of Florida. Michael Steele was Lieutenant Governor of Maryland before heading the RNC. Lynn Swan was nominated on the Republican ticket for Pennsylvania's Governorship. He lost but I'm pretty sure it was Democrats that voted against him. Secretary of State Colin Powell may not have been elected, but that's a pretty big job...for a black guy of course! Is Connie Rice Black?

That's sad actually. That you have to go back to the fifteen years of reconstruction to find elected black Republicans. 140 years ago?

Yes Republicans like to trot out an occasional black candidate, but their base will not come out for them and rarely elect them

Any way you cut it, the GOP is a party of older white, christian males. It will have to change if they want to remain a viable party

Last edited:

That's sad actually. That you have to go back to the fifteen years of reconstruction to find elected black Republicans. 140 years ago?

Yes Republicans like to trot out an occasional black candidate, but their base will not come out for them and rarely elect them

Any way you cut it, the GOP is a party of older white, christian males. It will have to change if they want to remain a viable party

J.C. Watts struck me as an interesting guy....what the heck happened to him?

The only blacks pubs are interested in are whacked out froot loops like West. If the Westboro bunch would dress up in black face AND hate Obama, the rw's would want them in the White House.

Last edited:
When you consider that 95% of blacks are still on the Democrat plantation, the pool of viable candidates for the GOP is rather small. Until blacks decide that they would be happier contributing to society than sponging off others as they are conditioned to do by Democrats, it's not likely that the ratio of white to black GOP elected officials will get beyond the 19:1 membership ratio.

When you consider that 95% of blacks are still on the Democrat plantation, the pool of viable candidates for the GOP is rather small. Until blacks decide that they would be happier contributing to society than sponging off others as they are conditioned to do by Democrats, it's not likely that the ratio of white to black GOP elected officials will get beyond the 19:1 membership ratio.

You know, I am still shocked at the degree of rw racism and racial hatred I see on this board. You'd think I'd be immune by now, but no. I'm still shocked and it still repulses me.

What's sad is your stating that Republicans don't nominate Blacks...which is a fucking lie. Oh, sorry, it was "elect" Blacks, which is also a lie. See a pattern here?

Shall we look at what Democrats did for the Black man 140 years ago? Thought not.

Until Republicans stop characterizing blacks as sponging off of society, they will never receive the black vote

Want to talk about Hispanics next?

What's sad is your stating that Republicans don't nominate Blacks...which is a fucking lie. Oh, sorry, it was "elect" Blacks, which is also a lie. See a pattern here?

Shall we look at what Democrats did for the Black man 140 years ago? Thought not.

Show me elected blacks by Republicans. There is an element of the Republican base that will never vote for a black.....especially West

Do you really need to go to post Civil War to find an era when Republicans actually treated blacks fairly?

You people and that 'democrat plantation' shit. No wonder people have certain opinions about you and your ilk. Keep the dumb Toms and Stooges like West in your party, they deserve to be with "folks" like you who make inaccurate blanket generalizations about Black people. the Black lawyer, business person, working person, teacher, police officer, fireman, military member, who vote democrat are 'sponging off of others'? Fucking PIG.

You know, I am still shocked at the degree of rw racism and racial hatred I see on this board. You'd think I'd be immune by now, but no. I'm still shocked and it still repulses me.

I agree and It's completely out of control. I'm sure most of the hard right idiots on this forum are KKK or neo-nazi's.

Speaking of which, I just got left this racist message from the site's resident klansman GHook93;

"Boy best know he place on de back of the bis, or deem white Democrats be hang him! Alan West is GOD, you welfare baby like you could learn a thing or two from a great American like him! And Herman Cain also!"

Show me elected blacks by Republicans.

Already gave you a list. Reading comprehension issues? Further, here's a list of Black Republicans running in the upcoming election:

2012 Black GOP Candidates

There is an element of the Republican base that will never vote for a black.
And there's an element of the Democrat base that will never vote for a white. Your point?

Already gave you a list. Reading comprehension issues? Further, here's a list of Black Republicans running in the upcoming election:

And there's an element of the Democrat base that will never vote for a white. Your point?

English your second language?

Republicans have managed to get six blacks elected to major office in 75 years. Only one Senator and that was 50 years ago

Pretty pathetic by any account. Putting up black candidates that even Republicans won't vote for does not change a thing

Blacks will vote for anyone who is black, regardless of ideology. If a real black like West were to run, Hussein would not have a chance

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I see what you did there.

What you both did is not that clever. Rep. West is actually a smart man who loves his country and is polarizing because he does not quote the Dem party line as you expect the other blacks to do. Also, people think he will scare off voters due to his honesty. He may be just what we need at this point. A leader not afraid to get dirty while fixing what's broken. I would go to war with the man any day.

He's a buck dancing coon and a perfect VP for the republicans.

Are you nuts?

What happens if Romney wins then kicks the bucket? You would have a controversial loudmouth leading our nation and the Republican party.

I don't want that. It would lead to every undisciplined crazy vying for the Whitehouse--I think it is enough if they only shoot to become House representatives. Stick to Chris Christie types for VP--not that controversial yet willing to speak their mind, plus can do the job of president.
Yeah that would be like Palin all over again!

Until Republicans stop characterizing blacks as sponging off of society, they will never receive the black vote

This just goes to show Ernie's (and his racist ilk's) deep seated hatred and racism for black people. He simply hates black people.

He truly believes that just about all blacks are just sponging off of society...and that's the general RepubliCON meme as well, you can tell in their talking points and especially in their dog-whistle calls, it's all about stopping blacks from getting what they've earned/deserved and what they (the blacks) didn't work for/deserve.

Let's see how far it gets them (the RepubliCON$)

This just goes to show Ernie's (and his racist ilk's) deep seated hatred and racism for black people. He simply hates black people.

He truly believes that just about all blacks are just sponging off of society...and that's the general RepubliCON meme as well, you can tell in their talking points and especially in their dog-whistle calls, it's all about stopping blacks from getting what they've earned/deserved and what they (the blacks) didn't work for/deserve.

Spoken like a true race pimp, Jesse and Al would be proud. I doubt your Grandma would... :eusa_shhh:

English your second language?

Republicans have managed to get six blacks elected to major office in 75 years. Only one Senator and that was 50 years ago

Pretty pathetic by any account. Putting up black candidates that even Republicans won't vote for does not change a thing

Pretty pathetic indeed. Makes one wonder what the hell Black Americans were thinking, tending to vote for the white man that wants to keep them under their Democrat big government thumb. Now that a few Blacks are seeing the light of limited government, I understand that scares the shit out of you central planner types. I mean, if you can't convince all those po' Black folks to vote for handouts, your future looks damn dim. Couldn't happen to nicer bunch of guys. :razz:

Its the same old Republican meme....Blacks don't vote for us because we won't give them free stuff

Forum List

Back