Alan West for VP

Wow. This is very indicative of just how insane the radical arm of the right has become. I go to other political forums and have never seen a rw speak in favor of Alan West. Really, the very last thing we need is someone as unstable and hate filled as he is in a position of power. Hopefully, his constituents will vote him out but I'm afraid there really is a portion of society who does love violence or the perceived thread of violence.
LOL, always a leftist trying to say any black, latino or female politician must be a nut. When one like Alan West PROVES he is one of the most competent PERSON in Congress, you stick to your guns!

I'll bet the same rw's think that Joe Walsh is just nifty as well.
Not my favorite poltician, but unlike you, I will get to vote for him a SECOND time and hoping for the same outcome! :D

Progressives fear truth and West speaks the truth ....He shows them who the true racists and bigots are....Democrat party is the party of the KKK and Jim Cow and Wallace and Slavery and Segregation and The main opponent to civil rights....History proves what the real party of hate is.

Fox has programmed you well,..good sheep.

Your avatar must be a self portrait size history seems to escape you

This man is right on target and letting it fly. He needs to be heard by the nation. This is beautiful.

Allen West: True Racism Lies With White Liberals - Katie Pavlich

Agree
Allan West would be the perfect complement for Romney

And think of all the blacks who would dump Obama so they could vote for West

It would be the biggest gift that the republicans could give to Obama and the democrats. Especially after they "vett" him.

I haven't read it yet, but apparently, West is now saying that Social Security is, somehow, in some way, akin to slavery.

Frooty-er than a NutCake.

Blacks will vote for anyone who is black, regardless of ideology. If a real black like West were to run, Hussein would not have a chance

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I see what you did there.

What you both did is not that clever. Rep. West is actually a smart man who loves his country and is polarizing because he does not quote the Dem party line as you expect the other blacks to do. Also, people think he will scare off voters due to his honesty. He may be just what we need at this point. A leader not afraid to get dirty while fixing what's broken. I would go to war with the man any day.

Show me where Bodeca SPECIFICALLY STATED what you asserted above.

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."

LOVE your sig.

No wonder the rw's don't GET IT!

"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."

LOVE your sig.

No wonder the rw's don't GET IT!

Thanks!

This man is right on target and letting it fly. He needs to be heard by the nation. This is beautiful.

Allen West: True Racism Lies With White Liberals - Katie Pavlich

Agree

It would be the biggest gift that the republicans could give to Obama and the democrats. Especially after they "vett" him.

Let's be honest for a minute......Alan West is black and Republicans don't nominate blacks

Let's be honest for a minute......Alan West is black and Republicans don't nominate blacks

Well, that's the talking point...but not reality. Here's a list of over 100 Black Americans who have worked in a direct, professional capacity in politics:

List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could be wrong, but I bet the NBRA (National Black Republican Association) would have some members that disagree with your assertion:

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

And last but not least, a list of 2010 Black Republicans, all of whom were NOMINATED:

2010 Black GOP Candidates

But hey, why speak the truth when bullshit rhetoric is so much more fun?

Agree

Well wait a dang minute!!!! You forgot about Frederick Douglass!

Oh wait, he was "the first African American nominated for Vice President of the United States as the running mate of Victoria Woodhull on the impracticable and small Equal Rights Party ticket."

Never-mind.............................
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I see what you did there.

What you both did is not that clever. Rep. West is actually a smart man who loves his country and is polarizing because he does not quote the Dem party line as you expect the other blacks to do. Also, people think he will scare off voters due to his honesty. He may be just what we need at this point. A leader not afraid to get dirty while fixing what's broken. I would go to war with the man any day.

They have to put imaginary words in people's mouths, figuratively speaking...or else they've got nothing.

Well, that's the talking point...but not reality. Here's a list of over 100 Black Americans who have worked in a direct, professional capacity in politics:

I could be wrong, but I bet the NBRA (National Black Republican Association) would have some members that disagree with your assertion:

And last but not least, a list of 2010 Black Republicans, all of whom were NOMINATED:

List of African American Democrats.....................too large to list.

So Martin Luther King was a "Black republican" in the vein of Alan west and Herman Cain? Really? Really? :lol:
This is a Republican and "Black Republican" platform and set of values?

Myth #1: King wanted only equal rights, not special privileges and would have opposed affirmative action, quotas, reparations, and the other policies pursued by today’s civil rights leadership.

This is probably the most repeated myth about King. Writing on National Review Online, There Heritage Foundation’s Matthew Spalding wrote a piece entitled "Martin Luther King’s Conservative Mind," where he wrote, "An agenda that advocates quotas, counting by race and set-asides takes us away from King's vision."

The problem with this view is that King openly advocated quotas and racial set-asides. He wrote that the "Negro today is not struggling for some abstract, vague rights, but for concrete improvement in his way of life." When equal opportunity laws failed to achieve this, King looked for other ways. In his book Where Do We Go From Here, he suggested that "A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis." To do this he expressed support for quotas. In a 1968 Playboy interview, he said, "If a city has a 30% Negro population, then it is logical to assume that Negroes should have at least 30% of the jobs in any particular company, and jobs in all categories rather than only in menial areas." King was more than just talk in this regard. Working through his Operation Breadbasket, King threatened boycotts of businesses that did not hire blacks in proportion to their population.
King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, he wrote,
No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law.
Predicting that critics would note that many whites were equally disadvantaged, King claimed that his program, which he called the "Bill of Rights for the Disadvantaged" would help poor whites as well. This is because once the blacks received reparations, the poor whites would realize that their real enemy was rich whites.
More HERE

In 75 years Republicans have elected just six Blacks to higher office. Yes, just six. Five as Congressmen, one as a Senator. None as Governor, President or Vice President

That is the base that West has to run in. They love to trot out blacks and say....See? We have blacks too!

But they don't actually elect them

They have to put imaginary words in people's mouths, figuratively speaking...or else they've got nothing.

NO DOUBT! I have seen them use the same MO in other threads and towards me as well.

Forum List

Back