Alan Simpson: Paul Ryan speaks 'hard truth'

Former Sen. Alan Simpson, co-chairman of the Simpson-Bowles commision on debt and deficit reduction, on Friday called Paul Ryan “a spokesman of hard truth against fakery.”

Read more: Alan Simpson: Paul Ryan speaks 'hard truth' - Tomer Ovadia - POLITICO.com

You are so right. He's conservative congressman from a democratic district that really seems to like him !

That must light the hair on the balls of people like Schillian.

In words, perhaps; in deeds, he's another phony deficit hawk.

Representative Paul Ryan was a pivotal figure in killing the 2010 Bowles-Simpson agreement, which Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney now points to as a model for putting America’s fiscal house in order.

The 18-member panel needed 14 votes to send a 10-year plan for trimming the debt to the U.S. Congress for a vote. As his party’s top member on the House Budget Committee, Ryan led a bloc of three House Republicans who denied the additional votes needed.

All three Senate Republicans on the panel backed the plan and one of them, former New Hampshire Senator Judd Gregg, said he thinks the House Republicans who rejected it were beholden to an anti-tax-increase pledge sponsored by Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist, who opposes the plan’s tax blueprint that raises revenue by ending popular expenditures.

I love it.

The left is in full blown retreat.

Ryan has Obama pooping his pants. Biden will gaffe more than ever now that he's been flustered.

So long you two....the dumbass duo will only get one term.

Vice President Ryan......almost sounds as good as President Ryan.

I can hardly wait !

heh....Both Simpson and Bowles -the leaders of the "bipartisan commission" charged by Boiking with making recommendations on how to get the federal gubmint's financial house in order- have basically endorsed Vinnie Vitalis and Badger Boy.

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would be surprised if Simpson, a conservative Wyoming pol who of course served with Ryan on the Simpson-Bowles Commission, didn't have nice things to say about Ryan. When Simpson suggested that the Commission's plan might still have some life in it he did use an amusingly mixed metaphor though:

No, because [The Simpson-Bowles' plan]’s maybe on the shelf, but it’s like Dr. Frankenstein is about to come by and inject some electrodes into the corpse and it’s going to rise from the shelf. Let me tell you, everyone is saying — or a lot of people with the, you know, with clarity — are saying this baby has not gone away.

heh....Both Simpson and Bowles -the leaders of the "bipartisan commission" charged by Boiking with making recommendations on how to get the federal gubmint's financial house in order- have basically endorsed Vinnie Vitalis and Badger Boy.

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

He essentially calls Obama's numbers fakery.

That's being kind.

Being from Wyoming, I figured he would have called them bulls**t.

Alan Simpson has lost a few marbles along the way...

He's like that crazy uncle you see once a year at Thanksgiving, except he has his hands on Social Security.
Stuff Alan Simpson Says | Crooks and Liars
I lived in the Equality State for 35 years and the consensus was the same: Senator Alan Simpson would give you the shirt off his back, just like Malcolm Wallop, and he always had something funny to say. I was having coffee with a friend of mine one day, and for some reason, the conversation went over to why people were giving him such a hard time on his final campaign for the Senate. My friend, Ginger, said "They're just mean people saying bad things about a good man." I asked her what she meant by "good." She went on to tell me how her brother had gotten seriously hurt out on ranch equipment, and they were her nearest neighbors. He came over right away and flew him to the nearest hospital, some distance from the ranch, and flew family members daily to visit him until he was out of danger. She said he did stuff like that for everyone he met.

I can't believe the crummy, lying, mean stuff that gets said about the best people in the world on the internet.

What a hateful bunch of crap to pour out on a man who spent his life doing good for his neighbors, his community, his state, and then later, his nation. He has a tradition of kindness, excellence, and the sharpest mind in his younger days. His wife was a peach, too.

I don't believe one word of your nasty party-hate files, written in meanness to make bad stuff up about good people. :mad:

Last edited:

Speaks the Hard Truth - after being responsible for the calamity that caused them, the 07-09 Great Republican Recession ...

Speaks the Hard Truth - after being responsible for the calamity that caused them, the 07-09 Great Republican Recession ...

Please prove he was responsible or STFU.

I love it.

The left is in full blown retreat.

Ryan has Obama pooping his pants. Biden will gaffe more than ever now that he's been flustered.

So long you two....the dumbass duo will only get one term.

Vice President Ryan......almost sounds as good as President Ryan.

I can hardly wait !

Ryan / Rubio can take over in 2020!

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's being kind.

Alan Simpson is one of the finest men who ever lived. Good grief, he'd never say anything like that. He was good to people and courteous to people who couldn't reach up high enough to bite his ankles.

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's being kind.

Alan Simpson is one of the finest men who ever lived. Good grief, he'd never say anything like that. He was good to people and courteous to people who couldn't reach up high enough to bite his ankles.
He was a middle-of-the-road squish, who was an honors graduate of Richard Nixon's college for middle-of-the-road squishery.

Having the moonbats try to paint him as some firebrand righty radical is beyond laughable.

That's being kind.

He was a middle-of-the-road squish, who was an honors graduate of Richard Nixon's college for middle-of-the-road squishery.

Having the moonbats try to paint him as some firebrand righty radical is beyond laughable.
By today's standards, the conservative Alan Simpson I knew was fine all the way around. His generation of Senators were not exactly puffing away trillions of dollars every year. They spent what they had to but saved all they could. And he did it by gracing those in need with help, making a lot of people laugh when invited to speak, and researching ways to cut corners that wouldn't destroy jobs. There were never double digit jobless rates on Senator Simpson's watch. He wouldn't allow that nor would his colleagues, and because of it, Washington was a benevolent force in the world.

God bless the good Senator Alan Simpson.

Forum List

Back