Alan Keyes becoming the newest flip-flopper

gop_jeff said:
No Republican believes in racial repirations.

Obviously that is not true. Keyes is a republican and appearantly does beleive in them. Given the GOP's history, they will all do so by the end of the decade.

And besides reperations is just a government program redistributing wealth. All republicans beleive in that.

tpahl said:
Obviously that is not true. Keyes is a republican and appearantly does beleive in them. Given the GOP's history, they will all do so by the end of the decade.

And besides reperations is just a government program redistributing wealth. All republicans beleive in that.

Great. One Republican believes in repirations.

Your generalizing of the GOP as "liberal" is pretty tired. Don't you ever post anything else?

gop_jeff said:
Great. One Republican believes in repirations.

Your generalizing of the GOP as "liberal" is pretty tired. Don't you ever post anything else?

Yeah i post about how the democrats are not what they claim to be as well.

Your generalizing of the GOP as conservative is pretty tired. Don't you ever post anything else?

tpahl said:
Your generalizing of the GOP as conservative is pretty tired. Don't you ever post anything else?

Well, unlike you, I am a Republican, I know hundreds of Republicans, and I know their political leanings, and so I'm pretty well aware of what Republicans believe.

gop_jeff said:
Well, unlike you, I am a Republican, I know hundreds of Republicans, and I know their political leanings, and so I'm pretty well aware of what Republicans believe.

So despite all your republican freinds you have not noticed the parties support of liberal policies? Perhaps you need to ake a step back to notice where your party has gone. Oh and I have republicans as freinds too. Even family members. Most I have talked to agree that the party is accting far too liberal in office. i am frankly surprised youa re denying it.

Travis

tpahl said:
So despite all your republican freinds you have not noticed the parties support of liberal policies? Perhaps you need to ake a step back to notice where your party has gone. Oh and I have republicans as freinds too. Even family members. Most I have talked to agree that the party is accting far too liberal in office. i am frankly surprised youa re denying it.

Travis
If this administration is acting far too liberal, then why do liberals keep beating the drum about how Bush policies are polarizing this country more than ever before? If his policies are more liberal, doesn't that mean he is moving closer to the center :bj2:

AequitasVeritas said:
If this administration is acting far too liberal, then why do liberals keep beating the drum about how Bush policies are polarizing this country more than ever before? If his policies are more liberal, doesn't that mean he is moving closer to the center :bj2:

Why? because it is in their best interest to paint Bush as a far right conservative. This way moderates and liberals will be less likely to vote for him and more likely to vote for Kerry. The more important question to ask is, "if Bush is a conservative why is his gun policy, department of education funding, total federal government spending, tax rate, stance against states rights, and the growth of governemnt health care, all so liberal?

It is disappointing that Keyes is the one promoting the next issue that the GOP is changing to the liberal side on, but the idea that the GOP might flip flop on reperations should really not be that shocking.

AequitasVeritas said:

now why is it that republicans complain about why so many democrats or liberals refuse to come to the center but then damn near ostracize a conservative that is close to center?

tpahl said:

Travis

I am well aware of Bush's liberal policies on education, Medicare, and even his unexplainable signing of CFR. I have voiced my opinions against such policies many times on this board.
The fact remains that the Republican base remains conservative. GOP congressmen (like Luke Esser, who I am supporting in the WA 8th) are conservative enough to keep the GOP agenda going strong in the House, if nowhere else.
The fact also remains that no other Presidential candidate besides Bush has the balls to fight the War on Terrorism.

gop_jeff said:
I am well aware of Bush's liberal policies on education, Medicare, and even his unexplainable signing of CFR. I have voiced my opinions against such policies many times on this board.

So you admit that many (if not most) of his policies are liberal)
The fact remains that the Republican base remains conservative.

yet votes for liberal presidents and congressmen? Does not make much sense.

GOP congressmen (like Luke Esser, who I am supporting in the WA 8th) are conservative enough to keep the GOP agenda going strong in the House, if nowhere else.

it was GOP congressman that gave us the budgets for 8 out of the past 10 (or something close to that) years. Those budgets ALWAYS asked for more spending. It was GOP congressmen that cosponsered and passed the McCain Feingold bill. In this republic the president can not do much without congress's support. All the liberal things you admit Bush has done was done with nearly 100% support from the GOP congressmen you are praising now as conservatives. The only place they have stood firmer is on the issue of guns (by not renewing the assualt weapon ban despite Bushs support of it. Then again they have not seeked to rid the federal government of any other liberal gun laws even though they have a majority.

The fact also remains that no other Presidential candidate besides Bush has the balls to fight the War on Terrorism.

No. They all have the balls to fight the war on terrorism. some however do not have the same plan Bush does (Badnarik), and others have the same plan but would rather it be they that were in charge (kerry).

Travis

Both parties are obviously fractured. I lean conservative, Bush is too moderate for me (guns, immigration, social spending come to mind), but what's my choice: Kerry? I live in New York, so my vote really doesn't matter in this race since Kerry voters will out vote me 4:1. I'd love to be idealistic and vote for the third party as a protest vote but this country is not ready for the revolution yet.....

Forum List

Back